Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has your opinion on Twilicorn changed over time?

MadPointer

49 users have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion on Twilicorn?

• I initially liked the Idea of Twilicorn, liked execution, optimistic about the future.
    • I initially liked the Idea of Twilicorn, disappointed in execution, optimistic about the future.
    • I initially liked the Idea of Twilicorn, disappointed in execution, pessimistic about the future.
    • I initially was indifferent to the Idea of Twilicorn, liked execution, optimistic about the future.
    • I initially was indifferent to the Idea of Twilicorn, disappointed in execution, optimistic about the future.
    • I initially was indifferent to the Idea of Twilicorn, disappointed in execution, pessimistic about the future.
    • I initially disliked the Idea of Twilicorn, liked execution, optimistic about the future.
    • I initially disliked the Idea of Twilicorn, disappointed in execution, optimistic about the future.
    • I initially disliked the Idea of Twilicorn, disappointed in execution, pessimistic about the future.

I'd like yo know how our opinion changes after hearing about Twilicorn for the first time, how do we perceive the execution of the transformation and whether it affected our expectations for the future episodes.

Nopes. sleep.png  It still feels out of place to me, as it did all along. I hoped the S3 finale could make the idea work for me but no such luck. Maybe from a writing standpoint they can do better in Season 4.

But it won't change the fact that Twilight Sparkle doesn't need wings.

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone
  • Brohoof 4

I certainly changed my opinion, I was just over-reacting at first. I know the writers will do a superb job making Twilicorn what she is and what she will be. Have some faith guys! Giving a character a pair of wings won't change the entire show, let's just see what happens in season four.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think my opinion has changed (still think it's a risky move) but I've really mellowed on it and all in all I think I've made my peace with the whole idea.  It's honestly something I don't really think about anymore.

But theres' no "Initially disliked, ok with execution, pessimistic about the future" option. 

The execution was fine for what it was, but that doesn't change the potential problems for this development.

Edited by hawkflame
  • Brohoof 1

Twilight's transformation made me pause for a moment to process the change. Despite this, I loved the symbolism and the possibilities it brought into play (I still do). It has me really excited for season 4.

During my first viewing of the series, I just enjoyed each episode without anticipating future developments. After completing season 3, I finally allowed myself to analyze the show and have devised a number of theories. Now looking back at past episodes, Twilight's transformation was hinted on numerous occasions (among many other things I mindlessly filtered). While unexpected for me, it wasn't exactly pulled out of nowhere.

Edited by Starlight Sky

Honestly, no it hasn't...

I still think it is a wonderful idea that she finally gets to grow up and take on a new adventure...

I'm honestly very optimistic about the future of the Twilicorn and can't wait to see what comes next :3

It's gonna be good :3

• Brohoof 1

Drastically. I mean, I'm still in the supreme state of "no me gusta", but I'm able to tolerate this now. About a month ago, the phrases "AliTwi" and "Twilicorn" were basically my Pinkamena buttons; made me depressed and paranoid about... just about every aspect of this idea. I've mellowed considerably, but this still doesn't change the fact that Twily doesn't need wings and a crown. She was perfectly fine the way she was. I'm still thoroughly disappointed in someone right now. Not really sure who, though. 

Regardless, I dislike both the idea and the execution, but I think they can pull this off. Hopefully through title and status sacrifice for the greater good. Twily would DEFINITELY give this all up for her friends if something were to happen. I'm confident something will. Or, at the very least, a man can dream, right? 

Right? blink.png

• Brohoof 1

Honestly,Twilicorn isn't that big of a deal.Twilight is still the same,she just has wings and princess attire now.Literally nothing else has changed aside from her personality maturing,but that's called "character development".If the show is still good,then it's still good.If not,well,that's the writer's fault,not Twilicorn's.

Also,there is a lack of a "completely indifferent" option in the poll.

• Brohoof 2

From the beginning I was caught up in peoples hate for the idea of Twilicorn, so I didn't like it AT THE BEGINNING....

But when I actually thought about it myself, I sort of liked it :)

Twilight was ALWAYS going to be a Princess, it doesn't take Doctor Whooves or Sherlock Hooves to understand it...

It was going to happen one way or another, people are just worried things will change too much...

Personally, I dont think they will, Twilight will remain in Ponyville with her friends, still do her studies and still go on adventures, only now she has wings...

Plus there ARE 2 more parts of the season 3 finale that take place in season 4, so who knows what will happen :)

• Brohoof 1

It's well known at this point that I fully support the change and MMC is at the top of my favorite episode list. I honestly think that the writes did a good job and what happened to Twilight fits with her character and the show if you take a moment to think about it.

Edited by Nature Spell
  • Brohoof 1

Nope, it hasn't. I dreaded the concept of the Twilicorn because it made absolutely zero sense given her current development. The idea is so dumb, I wrote an editorial slamming it. Magical Mystery Cure's shoddy execution of the Twilicorn didn't sway my viewpoint, either. However, season four — with its bigger budget, longer season, and how the team knows it isn't the series finale — gives me optimism for the Twilicorn's future.

• Brohoof 3

Despite the fact that I hated the idea, still do and have often said that the finale is the worst episode of the entire series I am at least trying to be optimistic for the sake of my own sanity.

• Brohoof 3

Now this is a proper poll! As for me, I disliked the idea at first and still do. I'm not gonna argue my case because I'm happy for those people who are excited about this change. Personally, it doesn't really bother me anymore since I'm more involved in fan fiction than I am in the show itself. If I end up hating season 4, so be it. I'll still have tons of awesome stories to read, and lots of time to write before the season premiere.

Hated the idea at the beginning, got optimistic before the episode, then hated the episode and went back to hating the idea in general. However, I'm cautiously optimistic about season 4. And since the comic is probably going to split from show canon at some point, if worse comes to worst, I can still enjoy that.

Edited by Emerald Flame
  • Brohoof 2

My own opinion of Twilicorn hasn't changed much since I first saw it. Even though my mind was plagued incessantly with questions relative to the whole ordeal and the future (foreseeable and otherwise) I didn't care for it a lot. Nowadays I completely understand the pros and cons of Twi's ascension (if there will even be cons in S4), but while I do have some high hopes for the future, I still remain indifferent to the situation as it stands right now, just as when Twilight transformed in the episode.

My initial reaction was strong dislike. Frankly, I was disappointed with the presentation of it that was given to us in Magical Mystery Cure, and lines such as "We're your students now.", coupled with bowing, made me fairly pessimistic about the writers' abilities to keep the importance of all of the main characters balanced to the point where I will enjoy it, though according to McCarthy they are intending to do so. I suppose we'll see.

At first I didn't believe the rumors. It sounded so hopeless. Another pretty princess toy for Hasbro to sell. I started warming up to the idea during season 3, and I enjoyed the execution. Could it have been done better? Obviously. But it's certainly not beyond hope yet. Season 4 had better be bringing the good stuff, lest the show fall apart somehow. Other than these opinions the rest is speculative so I'm waiting until season 4 to have a fully formed opinion on Twilicorn.

To be honest with you, I wasn't really happy about it. 

I felt that Twilight would make a better arch wizard than a princess because she is always studying magic. Making her a princess seemed like an out of character idea. 

Also the whole alicorn thing seems to put things off balance for me as far as the main six go, not to mention the fact that TS was already powerful enough as a regular unicorn so she really didn't need the alicorn upgrade in my opinion. 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

To me the Twilicorn upgrade came too soon. I really think TS had a bit more character development to go before crossing that threshold. But I guess my opinion will have to depend on which direction they decide to take the character now. It really wasn't that big of a deal to me..just left me wonder okay now what...?

Edited by Sir Cal Stonehoof
  • Brohoof 2

Didn't like it, don't like it, and I probably won't like it if they keep this BS up. I think it rises TS above the rest and that isn't what the show is for me...my opinion hasn't changed and won't likely change unless they ditch her wings

I had a slight liking to Twilight becoming a princess *especially since I came into fandom late + watched episodes over the internet so I wasn't really bogged down by spoilers*. My thoughts though were that I felt that the episode was squashed together to compress it into one episode. The song "What my cutie mark is telling me" could've easily been taken out and replaced with regular dialogue from each pony with a bit of analysis. 

As much as I trust the writers + producers of the show, having Twilight becoming such a *technically* higher ranked pony is a bit of a push-off (though you can look at Cadance from the fact that she was an alicorn probably much younger than Twilight is and yet she foal-sat for her). I'm just very anxious as to what they creators will do for the show in Season 4, but only time will tell :)

First option. I liked the idea, I loved the episode itself and now I'm optimistic for the future (and you should too since there are all the members that have worked on the first season minus Lauren Faust and the useless Chris Savino at work on the fourth season U_U).

my first thought was 'cool, they're not afraid to make changes and develop the characters'.

I think anyone getting upset about this is taking it too seriously

anything can happen in the S4 opening

ANYTHING

if you don't like what they've done so far, fine, but don't try to make predictions on future content based on this, especially since we know very little about alicorns

then again I liked Mass Effect 3's ending so maybe I'm just weird

Didn't like it, don't like it, and I probably won't like it if they keep this BS up. I think it rises TS above the rest and that isn't what the show is for me...my opinion hasn't changed and won't likely change unless they ditch her wings

What, like being Princess Celestia's personal student, direct emissary in Ponyville, and general organizer of several of the town's events doesn't put her above the rest before?

• Brohoof 1