Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you used to hate, but have come to appreciate over time/in hindsight?

Luna the Great of all the Russias

(edited)

What are some things that you hated in the past, but have come to appreciate over time?

One thing that comes to mind is this song (and others by 009 Sound System):

It was one widely hated (2009 to early 2010s) because any video that was struck down for copyright with their audio was often automatically replaced by this song, or other songs by 009 Sound System. The prevalence of the song and how it made the affected video worse made it widely disliked at the time. But as years passed, the songs have become rather nostalgic, reminding of this era of Youtube, and the quality of the songs themselves were actually good -- what was annoying at the time was the context in which they were played.

Edited by Luna the Great of all the Russias
  • Brohoof 3

Foodwise: cheese, peppers, onions

Lots of music, I guess.

And yeah, I guess there was a window where I would have thought ponies and similar cartoons were stupid and immature. 

“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”
― C.S. Lewis

• Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to Things you used to hate, but have come to appreciate over time/in hindsight?

I'm not sure this really fits the bill, but the first thing that came to mind was overalls.

I used to think they only worked on toddlers and looked bad on everyone else. Turns out that was the result of stereotypical rural portrayal where they were always ill fitting and my limited perspective/exposure.

While I do not own a pair myself, I have come to appreciate them.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Sports, funnily enough. Growing up I’d always make fun of people for liking sports, didn’t see the point of watching them. I was your typical “lul go sportsball am I right?” type person.

Then one Sunday in 2016, with nothing else going on, I watched a football game that was on TV out of pure boredom. It was a Detroit Lions game, they were playing the LA Rams.

I watched the whole game. And I liked it, I genuinely had a lot of fun watching the game. That was my first time sitting down and watching a game properly too. I’d never given any televised sport game a fair shake at that point.

Since then I’ve been a huge American football fan and will happily watch pretty much any of the major US sports.

Edited by Iforgotmybrain

(edited)

"Things you used to hate, but have come to appreciate over time/in hindsight?" 

My ability to tolerate Rainbow Dash's "I'm awesome-ness" has become stronger as time's gone on. :dry: :huh:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I used to get annoyed whenever I hear Queen playing somewhere on the radio, and at sporting events, way too overplayed in my opinion, but of course, when I saw the film Bohemian Rhapsody, my feelings for Queen changed drastically, so now I like them.

If I had to pick my favourite Queen song, it would be “Another One Bites The Dust”.

Fps games 

I grew up pretty religious and I could never play any violent games 

But during quarantine I bought ow and now I'm trying out more games that I missed out!:mlp_laugh:

Hmm that’s a good question. Maybe anime, though I wouldn’t say I ever hated it, just that I used to think the art style was weird. But now it’s grown on me and I really like a lot of anime shows and games.

Possibly some types of music too. I don’t hate many things… I just decide it isn’t for me.

• Brohoof 1

I used to hate SpongeBob because I liked Teen Titans so much more but nobody around me liked it! Everyone was all about some stupid sponge that lived in a pineapple and I was like...

But Raven? :wub:

Later I came to appreciate SpongeBob after my severe bias dropped. Now I think it's genius.