Text Adventure I've Started Making! ^_^

WindsweptFrog

Well first off not sure if this is where I should post this, but this is the only place I could think to post it, sorry if it's wrong  :P

Right boring stuff over I've started making a simple text adventure, simple being the key word :L At the moment it's called "The Room" but that was just because I needed to name it to upload it lol so name ideas anyone? The story so far is about a person who wakes up in a room and is then trying to escape! I know it's a pretty basic plot but the game it self started as me just trying to see if I could code a text adventure in pascal. I got the first room working and it seemed quite fun so decided to make more :P It is still very short atm and is lacking a GUI but i'm yet to learn about that sort of thing so it's just a simple text adventure in cmd right now :) 

Plot ideas, names, tips, constructive criticism all very welcome!! :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?aku273bcfa269cd 

Edited by WindsweptFrog
  • Brohoof 1

Hm, well to be honest I've never played any text adventure games myself, but maybe I'll check this out when I get a chance to.

I'm busy getting ready to go places, but I might play and give some opinions i guess after I finally get time.

Good luck regardless :).

Also do you have any idea of what type of game its gonna be? like is this going to be a horrifying game, or a challenging type of thing or just adventurous or what? Just curious if you have any ideas on where you wanna go, I can't help much except for random opinions since I don't have any real programming experience :P.(Sorry :( )

Hm, well to be honest I've never played any text adventure games myself, but maybe I'll check this out when I get a chance to.

I'm busy getting ready to go places, but I might play and give some opinions i guess after I finally get time.

Good luck regardless :).

Also do you have any idea of what type of game its gonna be? like is this going to be a horrifying game, or a challenging type of thing or just adventurous or what? Just curious if you have any ideas on where you wanna go, I can't help much except for random opinions since I don't have any real programming experience :P.(Sorry :( )

haha no worrys, it's probably more the plot and stuff I need help with :L I'm not very creative :P erm well I like the idea of a horror but being dyslexic it's gunna be mission impossible to write a story like that so I suppose just an adventurous one, with some puzzles, because everypony loves puzzles :P

Edited by WindsweptFrog

haha no worrys, it's probably more the plot and stuff I need help with :L I'm not very creative :P erm well I like the idea of a horror but being dyslexic it's gunna be mission impossible to write a story like that so I suppose just an adventurous one, with some puzzles, because everypony loves puzzles :P

WAIT!!!!! I can help come up with a story

Ex:

The main character has been locked in a room by ( a creature maybe called...uh..Dorax)

Dorax had locked him in a maze full of rooms and you have to collect keys

If you go to the wrong rooms he will find you and (maybe Bad Ending of the sorts..like..Death?)

You must find the keys and solve puzzles to leave the maze

..............Or else ;)

If you want some more help with the story just PM me or post here.

WAIT!!!!! I can help come up with a story

Ex:

The main character has been locked in a room by ( a creature maybe called...uh..Dorax)

Dorax had locked him in a maze full of rooms and you have to collect keys

If you go to the wrong rooms he will find you and (maybe Bad Ending of the sorts..like..Death?)

You must find the keys and solve puzzles to leave the maze

..............Or else ;)

If you want some more help with the story just PM me or post here.

wow :L well that would be quite cool and could work really well! :D probably have to re-think how I've coded it tho :L and would also have to change the room it ends on atm as well, I suppose you will have to play it to see why it wouldn't work ;)