Finesthour

Good to know. Hopefully it's easier to work with than LBP as well. I mean...LBP has a lot of stuff to use but you really have to WORK it to get things to happen like getting an elevator to go up and down without launching itself into the ceiling and breaking it. >_<

Good to know. Hopefully it's easier to work with than LBP as well. I mean...LBP has a lot of stuff to use but you really have to WORK it to get things to happen like getting an elevator to go up and down without launching itself into the ceiling and breaking it. >_<

Really again, just takes time. If you ever played with legos as a child, you will be right at home after a while.

I actually never really played with Legos. I had them, but never played with them. Never had the right kind of imagination for it.

I'm a writer, not an artist or sculptor. lol

Though LBP would be WAY easier if I could use a mouse rather than having to slowly drag everything around. <.<

I actually never really played with Legos. I had them, but never played with them. Never had the right kind of imagination for it.

I'm a writer, not an artist or sculptor. lol

Though LBP would be WAY easier if I could use a mouse rather than having to slowly drag everything around. <.<

Yeah, I only have a laptop as well.

I've come to terms with the fact that, as far as it being agame goes, I despise Minecraft.

... but as far as being an easy and down to earth editing sandbox, it's pretty nice, if a bit cumbersome at times. I like building structures of ridiculous size and scale with silly architecture... which is difficult when you have to grind for resources (survival).

I cry every time I see my Minecraft block stats.

Edited by Zoop

I've come to terms with the fact that, as far as games go, I despise Minecraft.

... but as far as being an easy and down to earth editing sandbox, it's pretty nice, if a bit cumbersome at times. I like building structures of ridiculous size and scale with silly architecture... which is difficult when you have to grind for resources (survival).

I cry every time I see my Minecraft block stats.

Why is minecraft terrible to you?

Why is minecraft terrible to you?

The survival mode just isn't my cup of tea. It's not a bad game, just not something I enjoy. It's all good in creative mode, though.

The survival mode just isn't my cup of tea. It's not a bad game, just not something I enjoy. It's all good in creative mode, though.

I never seen survivor mode. What goes on in it? (Besides the obvious SURVIVING XD)

I never seen survivor mode. What goes on in it? (Besides the obvious SURVIVING XD)

You start with no items, and have to craft tools, weapons, and armor in order to survive and harvest materials. Enemies spawn at night, and in areas that lack light sources (ie caves, etc).

I just find it dull, for the most part, especially when it comes to gathering large amounts of materials for larger construction projects - I'd much rather be building than whacking at a stone wall with a pickaxe over and over again.

It's worth giving a shot, though.

Edited by Zoop

Well, your in a world, filled with different large environments, such as oceans, deserts, tundras and forests, and you have to survive. Basically, you only need food to survive, but obviously, just eating would get boring. So you can make tools to preform tasks like chopping wood, mining, and defending yourself. Then start building a house to be safe in at night (When deadly enemies come out). And start a farm for plants like Suger Cane, Wheat,Pumpkins, Melons and Mushrooms, and a pasture to breed animals, and eventually tame a wolf, or build a Snow Golem, and eventually get a good inventory and brave out a dark cave or abandoned fortress. Then you can try to brave it out in the Nether(AKA Hell) and finally, travel the The End.

Tl;Dr: Its a big sandbox filled with toys. And you chose which ones to play with.

• Brohoof 1

You start with no items, and have to craft tools, weapons, and armor in order to survive and harvest materials. Enemies spawn at night, and in areas that lack light sources (ie caves, etc).

I just find it dull, for the most part, especially when it comes to gathering large amounts of materials for larger construction projects - I'd much rather be building than whacking at a stone wall with a pickaxe over and over again.

It's worth giving a shot, though.

That...sounds awfuly monotonous.

To brighten the mood, I'll just say that tomorrow I plan on buying Dark Souls, Red Dead Redeption: GOTY and Arkham City through TRU's Buy-2-Get-1-Free sale as an early birthday present for myself.

edit: aaaand i've been posting in the wrong thread this whole time. lovely

Edited by The Great and Powerful Trixie

Once I figured out the dupe glitch, I started to use the Chinese girl since I had Zed's demise.

I did my first three playthroughs as her, Old Smokey Tijaunna Machetes and Deathstalker Toxic Zeds are the best weapons ever

That's funny, because I've had it since I preordered the day before it came out and have played it over and over since then and have not personally experienced a single glitch, though I hear about them all the time

That's funny, because I've had it since I preordered the day before it came out and have played it over and over since then and have not personally experienced a single glitch, though I hear about them all the time

I quit playing after the save glitch didnt allow me to save my progress at all. Playing act 3 over and over got real old fast.

Uh, some favorites off the top of my head and in no particular order.

Aside from those top five, my list is constantly changing depending on my mood.

1.The Longest Journey

2. Chrono Trigger

3. Mother 3

4. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

5. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

6. Beyond Good and Evil

7. Portal 2

8. Final Fantasy VI

9. Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past

10. Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

There's tons of stuff this list is missing, like Aladdin for the SNES, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Ristar, Minecraft, Ape Escape, Megaman Legends 2, Zelda 2: Adventure of Link, etc.

Edited by Bonzy
  • Brohoof 1