Finesthour

Doubt it. I'm the guy who likes Sonic 06, there are very few games that I can't bring myself to get into. The only reason I didn't bother to finish the Black Ops demo was because I wanted the full game if I was gonna put any effort into it.

I plan to get every Call of Duty game, I'm told I should play them in order because there's an overall story behind them.

Original Call of Duty on PC = extremely fun multiplayer. I still go back for some TDM with my buddies once in a while.

The newer stuff on the other hand... eh. Haven't been able to get into it, and don't really care to.

Edited by Zoop

Doubt it. I'm the guy who likes Sonic 06, there are very few games that I can't bring myself to get into. The only reason I didn't bother to finish the Black Ops demo was because I wanted the full game if I was gonna put any effort into it. I plan to get every Call of Duty game, I'm told I should play them in order because there's an overall story behind them.

Trust me, there's no need to waist your money on them or to buy them in order.

Call of Duty 1 through 3 and their spinoffs have no story connection. Call of Duty 4 (MW) and 6 (MW2) were the first to implement connecting stories but it's a rather basic story and you won't really be missing anything by skipping them. World at War and Black Ops are just bad games and the only story connection is through -SMALL SPOILER- one character -SPOILER OVER-.

If you want to buy them for their multiplayer then you will be disappointed.

All CODs older than COD4 have populations of about 5-20 in the servers depending on which console/PC. COD4 and WaW are given no support and every server is swarming with hackers. There's no need to hack MW2 because you can just glitch into walls and get above the maps. And Black Ops just sucks.

If you're gonna start on a COD game then I recommend the newest title. Modern Warfare 3.

Trust me, there's no need to waist your money on them or to buy them in order.

Call of Duty 1 through 3 and their spinoffs have no story connection. Call of Duty 4 (MW) and 6 (MW2) were the first to implement connecting stories but it's a rather basic story and you won't really be missing anything by skipping them. World at War and Black Ops are just bad games and the only story connection is through -SMALL SPOILER- one character -SPOILER OVER-.

If you want to buy them for their multiplayer then you will be disappointed.

All CODs older than COD4 have populations of about 5-20 in the servers depending on which console/PC. COD4 and WaW are given no support and every server is swarming with hackers. There's no need to hack MW2 because you can just glitch into walls and get above the maps. And Black Ops just sucks.

If you're gonna start on a COD game then I recommend the newest title. Modern Warfare 3.

why do i get the feeling you hate waw because you are a halo fan. Anywhoo, waw is the only cod game worth being bought. Story is amazing,muiltplayer is actually fun, and it basiacly caused the .ove into war games of today.

why do i get the feeling you hate waw because you are a halo fan. Anywhoo, waw is the only cod game worth being bought. Story is amazing,muiltplayer is actually fun, and it basiacly caused the .ove into war games of today.

No I don't hate WaW its actually one of my favorites when it's running well :P

But in terms of story the game is rather bland and has plenty of poor attempts at emotional deaths.

The multiplayer was good, but playing it anywhere other than PC now will just put you up against hackers.

I didn't mean it was a bad game I meant if someone was buying it purely for it's story or multiplayer then they would probably be disappointed. And what does liking Halo have to do with WaW xD

I'll judge them for myself. I've found no game in my life what wasn't worth the money, even if I spent the full 50-60 bucks on it.

that's because you've never played COD xD

But ok, if you wanna see for yourself I don't blame you :P

• Brohoof 1

lol Sorry if I sound stubborn but I have a habit of disregarding all opinions, good or bad, about any game I intend on getting. Letting people influence me before I ever get a game is the worst possible thing for me.

I literally bought Star Ocean: The Last Hope International because I was told not to and even if I was a fan of the series so far (even SO3) I would hate it.

Guess what? I easily put it on par with SO3 and I have always considered SO3 way better than SO2. :P

lol Sorry if I sound stubborn but I have a habit of disregarding all opinions, good or bad, about any game I intend on getting. Letting people influence me before I ever get a game is the worst possible thing for me. I literally bought Star Ocean: The Last Hope International because I was told not to and even if I was a fan of the series so far (even SO3) I would hate it. Guess what? I easily put it on par with SO3 and I have always considered SO3 way better than SO2. :P

It's prefectly fine, I respect that you don't let other people's opinions discourage you. It's always good to try for yourself ^_^

No I don't hate WaW its actually one of my favorites when it's running well :P

But in terms of story the game is rather bland and has plenty of poor attempts at emotional deaths.

The multiplayer was good, but playing it anywhere other than PC now will just put you up against hackers.

I didn't mean it was a bad game I meant if someone was buying it purely for it's story or multiplayer then they would probably be disappointed. And what does liking Halo have to do with WaW xD

the amount of fail this emitted is astounding me. "world at war and black ops are both bad games" and now you say you like it...?

the amount of fail this emitted is astounding me. "world at war and black ops are both bad games" and now you say you like it...?

It's always possible to like bad games. Look at me: Sonic 06 is easily one of my favorites in the Sonic series but even I can't say that the game isn't broken as hell.

If Quake was done today.

That made my day. Honestly, it seems that modern game design is moving in a direction that is almost completely contrary to my tastes and interest.

Looking over some of my (previously) favorite series...

Thief? Deus Ex? Tony Hawk? Tribes? Worms? Alien vs Predator? Command and Conquer? Crysis? FEAR? Jedi Knight? Duke Nukem?

All of the above have gone down roads that I have absolutely no interest in. But hey, at least the new SSX game coming out soon is actually fun, so it's not a total loss. Though I would have preferred it if they hadn't mucked with the control scheme as much as they did. After playing the old games as much as I have, the new one took a fair bit of getting used to. #_#

At any rate, enough grumbling from me.

Edited by Zoop

Don't remind me of the AvP Game.

It depressed me...

You're telling me. AvP2 was one of my favorite multiplayer games to play at LAN parties.

You're telling me. AvP2 was one of my favorite multiplayer games to play at LAN parties.

They way they brought it down makes me so sad.

Did you play the newest one on xbox? It made me so sad.

Did you play the newest one on xbox? It made me so sad.

Nope. I'm a PC elitist when it comes to anything remotely first person in perspective. ;)