Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Ancient Rome Rp

Alex Kennedy

@@Pripyat Pony,

Diamond nodded. "Good. We will go one at a time...why are you here ? Were you left over from the battle or are you here gathering information ? Did the changeling queen send you ?" She asked, in her usual calm kind voice.

As she waited for a reply she used her magic to pour another two cups of water. She left one next to the jug for Gladius and levitated the other to her mouth. She took a sip then placed it down on the table.

@,

Chicane took another drink of water before he replied. "I came here with a few others. I don't know where they are now; one was with me when we attacked the guards at the Colluseum, but when I ran I didn't see him. We were sent by the queen to spy out the land, to report back to her after."

The changeling's voice trembled slightly as he finished speaking; he thought that since he was talking about spying that the ponies were sure to punish him for it.

@@Pripyat Pony,

Diamond noticed his trembling and put a hoof on his shoulder. "No pony is going to hurt you if you cooperate. This is a good thing you are doing for us." She said, smiling. "Did the queen send you for a reason ? Is she planning to attack Rome again ? Or does she have something else in mind ?" She asked.

@,

Chicane looked troubled. "I don't know," he replied. "The full details of the mission were only revealed to our leader, nopony else, so that if one of us was captured we wouldn't be able to tell our captors anything. But it might be an attack; we've spent years training up in fighting back in our own land."

(edited)

@@Pripyat Pony,

@@Alex Kennedy,

Diamond nodded and looked at Gladius. "Gladius you need to warn the Emperor about this. Tell him Senator Diamond believes the changelings may be planning a second attack and we should ready the troops." She said, looking back to Chicane. "How many changelings does she plan on sending to attack ? How many troops would you guess there are ?" She asked.

Edited by Jolteon

"More than you could imagine," Chicane said, uncomfortably. "There are colts and fillies who have been pressed into joining the army, despite their youth. A collegue of mine was against this as she said that it was not fair to involve those who are barely out of foalhood. She was with us when we came to Rome, but I don't know where she is at the moment."

@,

Gladius nodded. "As you wish, ma'am." 

He immediately headed out of the office and towards the throne room. He arrived to find the emperor simply sitting there, seemingly bored.

"Sir, I have important news from Senator Diamond. She believes there may well be a second changeling attack on the horizon."

The emperor raised an eyebrow. "And how does she know this?"

"We... found a changeling in the city and questioned him."

The emperor was clearly not pleased by this. "Why did you not kill him immediately? We can't allow for even a single changeling to infiltrate the city. Have him publicly executed as soon as possible. We need to show them that we are not to be trifled with."

"But... sir, he's severely injured and clearly harmless in his current state. Besides, he may have more information still."

"Are you questioning my orders Lieutenant?"

"No sir. Of course not."

Gladius bowed and left the throne room. He returned to Diamonds office to tell her what the emperor said. "His majesty... ordered me to have the changeling publicly executed. He wants to set an example. But... it doesn't seem right. What do we do, ma'am?"

@@Alex Kennedy,

@@Pripyat Pony,

Diamond muttered something that sounded like a swear. "Stay here with Chicane. I am going to go talk to him. Gladius...Chicane doesn't mean to do anything bad...we cant let him just be killed. Make sure no pony see's him." She said.

She gave them both a slightly worried look before setting off down the hall towards the emperor's throne room.

She pushed open the two doors and walked right up to the emperor. "Are you joking around ? This changeling has agreed to tell us EVERYTHING he knows about the changeling plans. There is no way I am going to let you just kill him. He wants to help...I can see it in him...and I am not going to let you ruin that." She said, staring straight into his eyes.

@,

The emperor was neither persuaded nor intimidated by her tirade, but instead only seemed to be annoyed.

"You won't let me? Have you forgotten who's in charge here? I am the emperor and my word is law. The changeling is to be executed. You will do as I say or I will have you arrested for treason."

@@Pripyat Pony,

@@Alex Kennedy,

Inside Diamonds mind there was an explosion of anger and rage...but all she did was glare at him and walk out towards her office.

She pushed open the door and locked it behind her. "Gladius...you have two choices...you can come with me and see if we can save this city with the information Chicane has given us...or I can do that and knock you out to make things look convincing so you can keep your job. The emperor is being a stuck up mule and there is no way we can change his mind...the bucking idiot wants to kill our only hope at saving the city." She said, smacking the glass full of water of the table.

@,

Gladius had seen this coming when she left to talk to the emperor, and had suspected it as soon as he heard the emperors orders. The only thing he could do is constantly remind himself that even if it was an act of treason, it was a service to the city.

"I can't abandon you. Not even for this. From now on, my loyalty is to you and not the emperor. I will be at your side no matter what." 

@@Pripyat Pony,

@@Alex Kennedy,

Diamond nodded and thought for a moment. "But you have your fight with the Ripper...okay...you're going to leave. In five minutes go warn the emperor that I have left with the Chicane...act normal. Tomorrow you will be able to kill the Ripper and save Scar from dying...after that...meet me at my house. We're going across the lake...and I think you can guess the best way to do that without being caught." She said. She forced herself to keep calm but she felt terrified about what they were going to do...this was bad.

@,

Gladius nodded and shakily replied. "O-...Okay. Just... please make sure you stay safe. I could never forgive myself if anything were to happen to you. The city needs you... I need you."

His emotions got the better of him and he pulled her into a tight embrace. "Please...be careful."

@@Pripyat Pony,

@@Alex Kennedy,

Diamond hugged him tightly and a few tears trickled down her cheeks. "I will...we're going to be at the boat house...its down the road from my house. Walk for about five minutes and you will see a trail moving farther into the forest. Gladius...when you're fighting the Ripper...don't take any risks...please play it safe." She said.

She kissed him one last time before letting go. "We should get going...go someplace where you will be seen and you wont be suspected."

Chicane was nervous at being left alone, however, he made no attempt to escape. He guessed that bad news was the reason for the delay, and he didn't want to die. He knew that, injured as he was, he would stand no chance trying to escape on his own and contacting the others wouldn't solve anything. Wherever they were, they were safer on their own than with him.

@,

Gladius reluctantly released her from his embrace.

"Right. You have to go. Don't worry about the fight. I promise I'll live to see you again. Just worry about get yourself and the changeling to safety where the emperor won't be able to find you. I'll see you tomorrow after the fight."

Chicane was nervous at being left alone, however, he made no attempt to escape. He guessed that bad news was the reason for the delay, and he didn't want to die. He knew that, injured as he was, he would stand no chance trying to escape on his own and contacting the others wouldn't solve anything. Wherever they were, they were safer on their own than with him.

@,

Gladius reluctantly released her from his embrace.

"Right. You have to go. Don't worry about the fight. I promise I'll live to see you again. Just worry about get yourself and the changeling to safety where the emperor won't be able to find you. I'll see you tomorrow after the fight."

Diamond nodded. "I cant risk having you caught...the first guard you see. Tell him Diamond needs to speak with him. When he arrives I will send him away and then we will escape. Chicane, you need to hide in the cupboard. This way we can be sure you are not a suspect." She said. "I love you Gladius...I love you so much." She kissed him one last time. "No go...quickly." She said.

She was holding back tears before...but now she couldn't handle it as tears made their way down her cheeks.

@,

"I love you too. More than anything." With that, Gladius left, trying his best to act natural as he left her office and walked down the hall. He did as Diamond told him and told the first guard he saw that Diamond needed to speak with him. He wandered the halls for five minutes, trying to act like he was on patrol or something, and headed to the throne room to tell the emperor.

@,

Chicane did as he was told and hid inside the cupboard. He wondered just how long he was meant to hide, tho he thought that at least now his wounds were dealt with, he would at least be able to disguise himself if need be. He was worried about what the senator was going to do to keep him alive.

@@Pripyat Pony,

Diamond smiled at the guard who walk in just a few moment's later. "Good afternoon Sundrop. I know this is allot to ask...but I am right in the middle of Allot of paper work...and I seem to have lost one of my more important documents...somewhere in the kitchens. Would you be a dear and go take a look around to see if you kind find it for me ?" She asked.

The guard gave her a confused look before nodding and trotting off to the kitchens.

Diamond closed and locked the door of her office before opening the cupboard. "Okay Chicane...can you fly ?"

Chicane flexed his damaged and bandaged wing experimentally. It hurt, but it moved properly.

"I expect I could fly," he replied. "Just for a little while. I could effect a disguise as well, cuz it might be dangerous for you otherwise if a pony happened to look up and see us."

Chicane flexed his damaged and bandaged wing experimentally. It hurt, but it moved properly.

"I expect I could fly," he replied. "Just for a little while. I could effect a disguise as well, cuz it might be dangerous for you otherwise if a pony happened to look up and see us."

"I will be able to support you. We will fly high up to the clouds where no pony can see us...its getting dark and we are both darker colors so it will be more difficult...we're going to fly to the edge of town then walk the rest of the way...come on." She said, spreading her large wings and moving towards the window. She jumped through but waited on the other side for Chicane.

Chicane spread his own wings and flew out the window to join Diamond outside. His bad wing hurt quite a lot, but he felt that he could bear it if it meant that he would fly to safety. He was worried about the possibilty of execution; not just for his own sake, but cuz the queen would regard it as an act of war and would start the attack soon after.

@@Pripyat Pony

It was dark when Ari, Cicely and Mari made it back to Uncle Virtus' house.  Virtus was easy enough to fool, like Ari expected, but he still gave a long boring lecture for good measure.  After letting the mares settle in their new room for a bit, Ari knocked a hoof on the door.  He may be a scoundrel, but he has manners after all.

"Hello?  I was hoping we could talk some more if you weren't about to hit the hay."

Gladius took a deep breath and approached the emperor, kneeling before him respectfully. "Your majesty, Senator Diamond is gone! It appears she and the changeling have fled the palace!"

The emperor was shocked at first, but quickly recovered. "Find them. Immediately. Diamond is now to be considered a traitor to the state and you are to capture or kill her at all costs. The same goes for the changeling."

"Ye-yes, your majesty." Gladius left the throne room and quickly headed out of the palace. As much as he wanted to be with Diamond, he had other things to take care of. He made his way towards the Colosseum and soon found Scar waiting for him.

@,

"Alright, let's get to work. We both have to be at our best if we want to win this."