Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Ancient Rome Rp

Alex Kennedy

@,

There was one small sliver of sun left as a pink mare with bright red eyes slowly started moving out of the lake.

By the time she was completely out of the water the sun had dipped below the horizon.

Thing smiled and looked around. "Ah night...the best time of the day...heh...night...day...HAHA." She laughed to herself.

she was about to make he way back to the town until she noticed a filly and who looked to be her brother moving towards the lake. "Perfect." Thing muttered, grinning.

((Thing has taken over the body of a pink mare at the moment...just so ya know))

@@Pripyat Pony,

@@Alex Kennedy,

((You don't mind if I say the sun sets do you ? If not, just let me know))

Diamond looked up at Gladius. "I promised him that nothing bad would happen to him...so I am going to join you." She said, looking back down at the changeling. "Would you mind telling me your name sweetie ?" She asked, kindly.

It looked like Vinyl was not of anymore importance to the situation, so she went back to the temple and collapsed, exhausted, on her bed. She dreamed of home and the rustic comforts of the northern land. She woke in the middle of the night, almost believing she was back home, but immediately realised that it was just the dream

Del placed Illy near the lake and started washing out her cut. "Try to be careful next time."

Illy was annoyed by this statement. "Your only a month older. No need to be so protective." She knew what his reaction would be. It was always the same.

"I need to be protective, because if you were gone, I would have nothing left." Even though she had heard this many times, Illy still blushed at Del's statement.

Illy turned and noticed a pink mare with red eyes. "Oh... um, hello?"

@

@,

Thing grinned at the two ponies. "Hello there my sweet's." She said, approaching the two of them. "What are your names ?" She asked, looking from the mare to the colt. *What to do...what to do...* She thought. "May I ask what exactly are you doing ?" She asked, walking closer and sitting down next to them.

@@Alex Kennedy,

@,

"My name's Chicane," the changeling gasped out, before attempting to stand. He staggered as he did so, but still managed to stay on all four hooves. One of his wings was badly injured so he wouldn't be able to fly for quite some time. Chicane flexed the injured wing and grimaced as he did so. He supposed himself abandoned by the others, so the only thing left for him to do was to put his trust in these strangers.

@@Alex Kennedy,

@,

"My name's Chicane," the changeling gasped out, before attempting to stand. He staggered as he did so, but still managed to stay on all four hooves. One of his wings was badly injured so he wouldn't be able to fly for quite some time. Chicane flexed the injured wing and grimaced as he did so. He supposed himself abandoned by the others, so the only thing left for him to do was to put his trust in these strangers.

Diamond moved closer to the changeling to support him. "We're going to take you to the palace okay ? You are going to stay with me until Gladius gets a doctor." She looked up at Gladius. "Speaking of which...Gladius would you be a dear and get a doctor please." She said.

She looked back at the changeling. "To avoid a commotion, we're going to take the backstreets." She said.

For this, Chicane was thankful. He was no longer strong enough to keep a disguise going, and he certainly did not wish to be the subject of an angry mob rushing him, which would almost certainly result in his death. He still wondered just how he was going to make it to the palace, which he'd left far behind him when he'd fled in panic after being routed by the guards.

@,

(I could care less about the sun setting. Go ahead.)

"Right. I'll be back as quickly as I can."

Gladius only knew one doctor in the city who he felt he could trust, and that was the medic at the guard barracks. He flew there and quickly explained the situation to him. The medic, a middle-aged unicorn, agreed to follow him, and they were at the palace waiting for the others in just a few minutes.

• Brohoof 1

(occ: random useless fact; Roman gladiators, as a result of their immense public appeal, gave commercial product endorsements.)

@, @@Pripyat Pony, @@Alex Kennedy,

Fire followed the group of ponies, flicking her tail back and forth in annoyance. she leaned over to Scar and began whispering to him; "can we really trust this changeling? I think we should keep our eyes on him so there isn't any funny business.

• Brohoof 1

(occ: random useless fact; Roman gladiators, as a result of their immense public appeal, gave commercial product endorsements.)

@, @@Pripyat Pony, @@Alex Kennedy,

Fire followed the group of ponies, flicking her tail back and forth in annoyance. she leaned over to Scar and began whispering to him; "can we really trust this changeling? I think we should keep our eyes on him so there isn't any funny business.

Scar shrugged. "I dunno...but he's in Diamond's hooves now...so I think we should head back to the Arena and wait for news...they seem to have everything covered." He replied.

@@Alex Kennedy,

@@Pripyat Pony,

((I hope this isn't god modding...rather than making five posts about them walking I thought I would just speed things up a bit))

Diamond watched Gladius go then made her way down the alley, still supporting Chicane

They never passed anypony and eventually they arrived at the back entrance of the castle.

"Okay...you two need to move ahead to make sure no pony is there...I need to talk to the emperor before we can let anypony know wehave a changeling." She said to Gladius and the doctor who had been waiting by the entrance.

@,

(Darklord is technically the emperor, but he hasn't been on in a while. That might be an issue.)

Gladius nodded. "Very well. We'll continue a ways ahead of you and if anypony is coming, we'll warn you before they see the changeling."

He turned and proceeded into the palace and down the main hall, the doctor following right behind him.

Ooc: Maybe Alex could take the emperor over as an NPC for the moment? After all, if a person stops posting in an RP without giving notice, we still need to keep it going.

Chicane was grateful for Diamond's help, tho he winced at the thought of his blood staining her fur as she supported him. When they got to the palace, Chicane sank to the ground.

Ooc: Maybe Alex could take the emperor over as an NPC for the moment? After all, if a person stops posting in an RP without giving notice, we still need to keep it going.

Chicane was grateful for Diamond's help, tho he winced at the thought of his blood staining her fur as she supported him. When they got to the palace, Chicane sank to the ground.

@,

(Darklord is technically the emperor, but he hasn't been on in a while. That might be an issue.)

Gladius nodded. "Very well. We'll continue a ways ahead of you and if anypony is coming, we'll warn you before they see the changeling."

He turned and proceeded into the palace and down the main hall, the doctor following right behind him.

(OOC: Darklord hasn't posted in forever...so I think for now you should just control him. You are the DM So if he has a problem with it than meh...he hasn't posted so...eeyup.)

Diamond noticed Chicane sinking to the ground. She pulled him back up and helped him down the hall.

Luckily they met nopony. Diamond pushed open the door to her office and lead Chicane over to a soft chair in the corner of the room...she was now covered in blood...but she ignored that and turned to the doctor. "He's lost allot of blood..." She said.

Chicane was feeling dizzy and very weak; he could barely lift his head to look at the doctor, he'd lost so much blood from the wounds in his head and side. He did not trust himself to speak, feeling that his voice might tremble and he felt he should at least try and be strong.

(OOC: Darklord hasn't posted in forever...so I think for now you should just control him. You are the DM So if he has a problem with it than meh...he hasn't posted so...eeyup.)

(I know, but I'd still rather not. I will, but I'm not going to like it.)

@@Pripyat Pony,

Without uttering a word, the doctor began tending to his patient. The changeling had lost a lot of blood, but with a bit of luck and some healing magic there would be no permanent damage done. 

Chicane bit down on his lip as the doctor did his stuff. He found especially the probing in his side wound to be extremely painful, but refused to cry out. He still wasn't completely one hundred per cent sure that he'd made the right choice and didn't want to provoke anypony.

Scar shrugged. "I dunno...but he's in Diamond's hooves now...so I think we should head back to the Arena and wait for news...they seem to have everything covered." He replied.

"Alright, lets go.. if its alright with you iI'm gunna go ahead and watch you practice..." Fire tole Scar as they walked down the street.

a few things wee running through Fire's mind at the moment but she decided to to say anything to Scar, instead, she just continued in silence.

@

Del now also turned his head to look at the pink mare. "Oh, well, I'm Delusion, and this is my sister, Illusion." They both smiled. "I was just helping my sister clean out a wound. Sorry, did you want something?" Del noticed the red eyes belonging to this pink mare. Odd. Still, shouldn't judge a book by its cover. He knew this because, of course, his talent was deceit, and his sister's was disguise. Perhaps this mare would even be kind enough to offer them a job.

@,

Thing smiled. "Strange names...tell me...what is it you two young ones do ?" She asked.

Somewhere within her mind she was considering eating these two ponies...but she wanted to hear what they had to say first...they seemed...useful

@@Fire Runner,

Scar nodded. "Its no problem. Fire. You can tell me if my form is off." He said, chuckling.

@@Alex Kennedy,

@@Pripyat Pony,

Diamond sat down at her desk and glanced out her window, waiting for the doctor to finish up before she started talking to the changeling.

@,

After a long time the doctor got up and walked over to Diamond.

"I've done all I can for him, honored senator. He's stable now, but only time can heal him. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must take my leave of this place and return to the barracks."

The doctor quietly walked out of the room. 

@,

Illy spoke up. "We deceive and disguise." Del was annoyed that this mare had ignored his question, but didn't show it, in case she was of a high rank. If this was the case, they shouldn't even be asking questions. Still... "Could I ask who you are?" Hopefully, she wasn't a bad mare.

@,

"Good...good..." She said after the mare of the two had spoken. She looked at the colt and smiled. "I have many many names...some say that I am just Evil...other's say that I am death...by I like to go by the name...Thing." She said. "So...you deceive and disguise huh ? Well...how would you like to work with me ?" She asked.

@@Alex Kennedy,

@@Pripyat Pony,

Diamond nodded and sat down across from the changeling as the doctor left the room. "Okay...would you like some water ?" She asked, using her magic to levitate a jug above a glass. She filled the glass with water and levitated it to the table next to Chicane. "This is where its going to get a little tough...but I need you to answer my questions...it will make things much much easier for you."

(edited)

Scar nodded. "Its no problem. Fire. You can tell me if my form is off." He said, chuckling.

(OCC: wow, not much for me to work off of laugh.png )

Fire pinned her ears back as they walked by three ponies, one stallion, one mare, and a filly.

"That is so horrible, those griffons should just leave." the stallion grumbled.

"and look at that one, shes a half-breed. a phoenix and a lynx? how wrong." the mare scoffed.

"I think shes pretty, and they look so cute together." the filly said, then the family walked away.

Fire looked at Scar, her ears were still pinned down from the harsh comments.

"lets hurry up and get to the arena, these ponies are getting worst and worst." Fire whispered to Scar.

Edited by Fire Runner

(edited)

@@Fire Runner,

((Hopefully this will make up for it laugh.png ))

Scar shook his head. "Give me a minute." He said. And with that. He walked after the family. He tapped the colt on the shoulder and leaned in close to him. "You have your wife...and your child with you. But if I ever catch you saying that about my lovely friend over there ever again...you're going to be walking home with two black eyes." He whispered, making sure the colts wife could hear but not their filly.

He looked down at their child and gave her a warm smile. "You my young lady are quite kind and caring and I think your parents could take a lesson from you. Keep it up little one." He said, patting her on the head and walking back to Fire. "Don't worry. By tomorrow this will all be over. And Fire...you're the most beautiful griffin I have ever met. And don't you ever forget that. Come on...I hear a piece of apple pie calling our names." He said.

Edited by Jolteon

@,

Chicane nodded. "I understand." He took a sip from the glass of water, using his own horn magic to levitate it. That he felt well enough to do so was down to the skill of the doctor who had cleaned and bandaged his wounds. He felt that there was nothing to lose now by answering the senator's questions.