Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Ancient Rome Rp

Alex Kennedy

@,

Diamond nodded. "We've made a deal. You're gonna teach me how to fight, so you need to win...and you will." She said, hugging him again, then she leaned back and looked into his eyes. After a moment, she kissed him and stroked the back of his neck, she also moved closer so they were touching.

@,

Gladius blushed, still not really used to being in this kind of a relationship with the senator. Still, he kissed her back and held her for a while.

"If you believe in me, then nothing can stop me. Now let's go. I really want to see how you handle yourself with a sword." 

@,

Diamond nodded and moved towards the door...but she stopped and turned to look at Gladius. "I believe you already told me this...but where is it we will be training ?" She asked, blushing slightly.

Scar angrily walked down the hall to his room where he took off his armor and sat down on his bed...thinking about the fight with The Ripper tomorrow.

@,

"It's just out back. Come on, I'll show you."

He took her by the hoof and led her through his house and out the back door to a small training area.

"This is where I practice when I'm not at the colosseum or on guard duty."

He grabbed a blunted sword and held it out to her before taking another, somewhat larger sword for himself.

"Here, swing this around a little, try to get used to the feel of it."

@,

Diamond nodded and swung the sword around a bit. She dropped it a few times but overall...she wasn't that bad...at swinging it...

Meanwhile...at Diamond's lake house.

There was a loud *BANG* In the basement and hoofsteps could be heard moving up the stairs, moments later Thing walked out into the kitchen...which still had flies all over the floor...the little bit of pancake mix that was left was completely green.

Thing grinned and walked down the hall way out of the kitchen, taking great care not to touch the sunlight.

@,

Gladius watched her swinging for a while, trying to be patient while she got used to it.

"Alright, that's a good start, you should be adjusted to the weight of it by now. So, do you want me to teach how to attack or how to block first? Both are equally important, so I don't care where we start."

(edited)

@,

Diamond nodded. "Okay." She said, taking a few steps back. "Before we start...you and this other Gladiator are both good fighter's...right ? You said he was also one of the better ones so that mean's if you two work together...this is going to be easier...right ?" She asked. She just wanted to be assured that Gladius had a better chance than he did...

@,

(OOC: I don't know where Fire is...but Scar is waiting outside the arena to fight...)

Scar smiled as the doors slowly opened and his name was announced...but his smile faded as the crowed booed.

His opponent grinned as he noticed Scar's rather annoyed look.

They both walked out into the center of the arena so they were a few feet away. They nodded at each other and both got into a fighting stance.

There was a loud *Clang* from the bell and instantly the pony raised his sword ran at Scar.

Scar lazily stepped out of the way and spread his wings. Using his wings to give himself some extra speed, he ran at the pony and gave him a few large scratches.

The pony swore and turned around to glare at Scar. He raised his sword high above his head and swung it down towards Scar who jumped out of the way but stayed close enough to grab the pony's sword with one of his claw's.

The pony's eyes widened as Scar grabbed him by the throat and threw him to the ground. He threw the ponies sword aside and prepared to make the kill, but waited for the crowd to decide.

The crowed cheered as usual meaning that the pony could live.

Scar stood up and helped the pony to his hooves.

The pony glared at scar and marched out of the fighting ring rather angrily.

Feeling triumphant, Scar put his claw's in the air...but the crowed cheered weakly...there were even a few ponies who were booing.

Scar let out an annoyed sigh and just walked out of the fighting ring, obviously annoyed.

Fire flicked her tail back and forth before she left the training area and return to the arena to watch Scar fight.

Fire sat down and twitched her ear towards two ponies who were having a conversation behind her.

"did you hear? Scar and Gladius are fighting The Ripper." One pony said.

"Yeah... kill two birds with one stone, so to speak." the other pony said to the first pony.

"Yeah, Ripper will kill Scar and Gladius will kill The Ripper... good bye griffins." the first pony added, then they both laughed loudly.

Fire tensed up and turned around, a blaze flickering from the tips of her feathers.

"you two watch what you're saying or i'm going to make you regret it!" she snapped, a very pissed off look was plastered on her face.

Edited by Autumn Dream
  • Brohoof 1

(OOC: FOOL I IZ DA ORIGINAL BLIND PONY GAWWWD!! XD jk

@

Vedana heard a noise coming from the library that he just came from. "How unusual." The blind, wise unicorn said as he trotted down the Hallway back to the area he came from. Vedana heard the question of  "h-helo? is somepony there?" Vedana relaxed as it was a sound of a mare. The Advisor relax as he arrived. "I am here my dear, you can relax now." Vedana said in a sweet, caring tone, as he sensed Unholy Sights pressence. "I do apologize if I have scared you in anyway, it appears that a blind Stallion such as I tend to scare pony's these days."

(edited)

@,

Glory took a break from her reading up of the spell to go to Vinyl with a list of food items that the temple needed.

"I am sorry to ask you to do this," she said to the unicorn, "But food stocks are running low and while I must remain inside the temple in case the evil creature returns I would be grateful if you could go to the market for me. I must continue to read the spell to summon the goddess."

Glory shuddered at the thought. It was not that she was afraid of the benevolent goddess Vesta, just at the sheer awesomeness of summoning any deity. It would take a lot of her strength so she planned only to do so if the temple was at risk of destruction. While Vesta would seem to a lot of ponies to be a gentle goddess, as the protector of the hearth and home, she would fight to protect both. In fact, the goddess was the protector of the city, hence the importance of both her temple and the Oracle who worked for her.

Edited by Pripyat Pony

(OOC: FOOL I IZ DA ORIGINAL BLIND PONY GAWWWD!! XD jk

@

Vedana heard a noise coming from the library that he just came from. "How unusual." The blind, wise unicorn said as he trotted down the Hallway back to the area he came from. Vedana heard the question of  "h-helo? is somepony there?" Vedana relaxed as it was a sound of a mare. The Advisor relax as he arrived. "I am here my dear, you can relax now." Vedana said in a sweet, caring tone, as he sensed Unholy Sights pressence. "I do apologize if I have scared you in anyway, it appears that a blind Stallion such as I tend to scare pony's these days."

She flicked her tail in relief when she heard another pony's voice.

Another blind pony? how interesting...

Unholy trotted forward. "oh, you didn't really scar me... i was just making sure i hadn't gone crazy and was hearing things." she said, stopping in front of the blind stallion.

"I'm Unholy sight, apprentice to the Oracle. and who may you be?" she asked Vedana.

@

"I am the Royal Advisor to the Emperor, I am Vedana Purity." The blind unicorn smiled, bowing his head respectfully, Vedana is a well known influential unicorn, and with the gift of sensing true emotion within all ponies it is not surprising. "An apprentice to the Oracle, my, my that is a great honor indeed." Vedana complimented her with a smile as he picked one of the sacred scrolls for further study. "So tell me my dear Unholy Sight, what brings you to the library?"

@

"I am the Royal Advisor to the Emperor, I am Vedana Purity." The blind unicorn smiled, bowing his head respectfully, Vedana is a well known influential unicorn, and with the gift of sensing true emotion within all ponies it is not surprising. "An apprentice to the Oracle, my, my that is a great honor indeed." Vedana complimented her with a smile as he picked one of the sacred scrolls for further study. "So tell me my dear Unholy Sight, what brings you to the library?"

"oh..." Unholy trailed off and started drawing circles on the ground with her hoof.

"i-i really enjoy reading... i always have... but i've read all the books in the library in braille alre-" Unholy stopped, she just realized that she hadn't told Vedana that she was blind too.

She began tapping her hoof on the ground nervously.

• Brohoof 1

some ponies finally arrived at the registry,  "well, took you long enough, im here for a trial fight" one of the ponies nodded and another one put on some gear and both he and magnus stepped into a ring, the two ponies squared off, when the other one charged, Magnus side stepped and then twisted his body to the side, punching the other pony with the spear, causing him to fall, he then put the spear end to the ponies neck, "and done" the register pony was stunned then composed himself "your first game will be in the morning, dont expect a high turn out, most ponies will be waiting for the battle between gladius and ripper" Magnus smiled "well then, think of me as the apitizer before the main course"

"oh..." Unholy trailed off and started drawing circles on the ground with her hoof.

"i-i really enjoy reading... i always have... but i've read all the books in the library in braille alre-" Unholy stopped, she just realized that she hadn't told Vedana that she was blind too.

She began tapping her hoof on the ground nervously.

Vedana would chuckle, "Hehehehe its alright my dear, there is no need to be nervous around with me my dear." The blind unicorn told her, sensing that she is currently shy and nervous. "I am as harmless as a newborn lamb, besides you are not in trouble for entering the library."

Ashwing had gotten the other 3 into the changeling nest thingy where they would have it for some months ¨...Wonder if there are anyone who i can battle right now, im kinda thirsty for blood right now¨ he said flying swiftly to the empty colluseum grounds not even a soul was there... Not even the register pony or a guard.

Magnus took off the cover on his spear and walked out, he flew up and flew over to the Colosseum just to check it out, he did this to all the stadiums he fought in, look for pins and cages and just inspect the whole thing, he landed infront of it and walked in, he found entrance to the main stage and walked in

@,

@,

Gladius watched her swinging for a while, trying to be patient while she got used to it.

"Alright, that's a good start, you should be adjusted to the weight of it by now. So, do you want me to teach how to attack or how to block first? Both are equally important, so I don't care where we start."

"I feel like blocking would be something I should learn first...I don't plan on going around and killing everypony I meet so...blocking." She said.

After taking all his stuff off and punching a wooden dummy in his room, Scar walked out...still angry about the fight.

He stopped for a moment and thought...then decided to set out to search for Fire.

Ashwing noticed something enter the colloseum ¨hehehe, i thought nobody was here, apparently i was wrong¨ he chuckled as he drew out his 8 swords throwing 6 in the air so they float and 2 he hold in his hoofs ¨if you dont want to fight ill pulverize you¨ he chuckled once more and charged at him with extreme speed using wind and fire passive (Passive = in hand then he can also activate certain abilities but only with the flying and ive thought out 4/8 abilities and nearly all passives so ill roll with the ones i have right now BTW he wont use the opest ones regulary since they often drain his life sucking his speed and stamina.)

Vedana would chuckle, "Hehehehe its alright my dear, there is no need to be nervous around with me my dear." The blind unicorn told her, sensing that she is currently shy and nervous. "I am as harmless as a newborn lamb, besides you are not in trouble for entering the library."

Unholy laughed a bit.

"sorry, i'm not very good at talking to ponies... you see, i'm half zebra, half pony... so most ponies give me a hard time..." she said.

After taking all his stuff off and punching a wooden dummy in his room, Scar walked out...still angry about the fight.

He stopped for a moment and thought...then decided to set out to search for Fire.

Fire was storming down the hallway in a very bad mood, fire was flicking off the ends of her feathers on her crest as she walked down the hall.

Magnus was suprised and quickly threw up his shield to defend himself against the on coming attacker , his spear was still in his harness pointing forward, he charged at him as well, keeping his sheild infront of his face for protection, he still had his other weapons on him if he needed them

¨hehehe¨ he said as he quickly glided to the left passing one of the chains from the floating weapons on him (chains are attached to his hoofs) he quickly switched fire with lightning to see if he could land a hit and flied up charging to dive down... He knew he couldnt lose right now but who knows... Maybe he had a chance (Want me to post all of the passives and abilities?)

@@Pripyat Pony,

Ari thought about arguing with Mari and insisting on using the lift, but she looked genuinely frightened.

"Ok, then," he siged, "Let's see where those stairs take us."  After winding upward, they found themselves in an open area with archways and doors, like a dormitory.  He could hear shouts from the arena, another fight must have started.  Down the hall a door slammed and a large griffon with a large scar started to make his way forward.  Not having seen the fight earlier, Ari had no idea if this was the killer griffon everypony in the stands was talking about.  He stood staring at the feathered creature with his jaw open while his mind went blank.

Unholy laughed a bit.

"sorry, i'm not very good at talking to ponies... you see, i'm half zebra, half pony... so most ponies give me a hard time..." she said.

Vedana nod his head, understanding what she meant. "I see, but do not fret from me, you shall not have a bad time with me...I'll have to talk to the Emperor based on the discrimination complaints I have been receiving. Anyway consider me a friend in these dark times." The blind advisor said, comforting Unholy with his calm words.

@@Stratos,

Scar was about to walk right by the pony until he noticed that this pony was staring...which annoyed Scar. "And what the buck do you think you're doing ?" He asked, glaring down at the pony, quite obviously in an angry mood...this whole day had just sucked...apart from the part where the Ripper agreed to fight him as well as Gladius.

(edited)

@, @Pripyat Pony,

Ari stood rooted to the spot for a second or two before remembering himself.  Griffons hate weakness and hesitation!  Even if this isn't the guy, he's obviously a gladiator and in a bad mood.  Think of something, idiot!

"I was just, ah..." Ari remembered the mares behind him, "I was just giving the tour!  These fillies are the daughters of the governor of Thracia, you see, and I am tasked with fulfilling their every wish." Ari hoped the ruse was working.  He didn't like the idea of looking foalish in front of mares and really didn't want to end up with those gnarly claws in his neck.

"Care to introduce yourself to us, O brave and mighty warrior?"

Edited by Stratos