Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twinkies are coming back.

Harmonic Revelations

http://www.wbtw.com/story/21628419/twinkies-to-return-to-shelves-this-summer

They sold off the rights to produce several hostess products, Twinkies were sold to Metropoulos & Co.

Drake's Cakes, which includes things like Funny Bones and Ho Hos was sold to McKee Foods which makes Little Debbie snake cakes.

They said Twinkies might be back on shelves by summer this year.

• Brohoof 8

I hate twinkies! It's pure unhealthy fat, and 80% preservatives! I do not understand how people can stomach those things, but to each his own, I guess.

I never understood why people get so upset about preservatives. Yeah, they may be fattening, but they serve a very clear purpose.

Preserving things.

• Brohoof 6

Twinkies never left Canada, actually. HAH.

I don't really like them, though. I always thought I would, but I don't like stuff like that, personally.

Yeah I can make my greatest invention ever again.

The Twinkie Daiquiri. No more fattening way to get drunk. :D

Knew Twinkies wouldn't be gone forever.

Edited by Jammo

Twinkies never left Canada, actually. HAH.

I don't really like them, though. I always thought I would, but I don't like stuff like that, personally.

Nor do I, I just thought that it was a big enough deal to have a thread about it, and I assumed it wouldn't be big news yet since the article was posted at like 9:14 this morning.

• Brohoof 1

I thought other companies had been making things 99% the same as twinkies, so I never really considered them to be gone. Anyway, glad their coming back, and that Hostess and its workers finally came to an agreement. (They did, right?)

I never understood why people get so upset about preservatives. Yeah, they may be fattening, but they serve a very clear purpose.

Preserving things.

Mainly because of the health factor. They're incredibly bad for you, and rather fattening :P Especially in mass quantity.

Twinkies can last for over 10 years, because of how much preservatives have been put in them.

Mainly because of the health factor. They're incredibly bad for you, and rather fattening tongue.png Especially in mass quantity.

Twinkies can last for over 10 years, because of how much preservatives have been put in them.

Yeah, but I'd be rather be a little chubby than to eat something that's rotting on the inside, wouldn't you? Same thing with pesticides, they up food production by a whole ton. It's necessary, or else we'd all be starving to death.

I thought other companies had been making things 99% the same as twinkies, so I never really considered them to be gone. Anyway, glad their coming back, and that Hostess and its workers finally came to an agreement. (They did, right?)

No, they sold off the rights to produce the products to different companies.

I have a nagging feeling you did not read the thread.

Yeah, but I'd be rather be a little chubby than to eat something that's rotting on the inside, wouldn't you? Same thing with pesticides, they up food production by a whole ton. It's necessary, or else we'd all be starving to death.

Not really, where I live we don't use much preservatives and pesticides, and people are way healthier on the whole in comparison to when I lived in the states.

And my food's not rotten :c

Edited by Luna Moonshire

I never really cared about Twinkies, so meh.

Wake me up when they finally find out what going to happen with the Ding Dongs, that's what I really want

Mexico has Submarinos

They're like Twinkies

but more Mexican

Those never left :3

Mainly because of the health factor. They're incredibly bad for you, and rather fattening tongue.png Especially in mass quantity.

Preservatives aren't that bad

You know how caprison doesn't use preservatives? Once my brother opened one, he said it tasted funny, dad tasted it said it tasted like alcohol, he cut it open, there was mold, green stuff like algae floating inside of it, in my opinion, that's worse than the calories you gain with preservatives. 

still doesn't stop me from drinking caprison :3333

• Brohoof 2

And the whole world sounds off with a resounding "meh". I never liked Twinkies. I think they're gross. And from what I've seen, not very many people care about Twinkies anyway.

I have a nagging feeling you did not read the thread.

Just because its copyrighted (Or trademarked or whatever the hell it's called.) doesn't mean companies can't make something similar to it. There were things like it before, and since actual Twinkies stopped being made.

Edited by Link

I hate twinkies! It's pure unhealthy fat, and 80% preservatives! I do not understand how people can stomach those things, but to each his own, I guess.

What are you some sort of Anti-Amurican nazi-terroist?! how dare you offend our sophistiercated cultures food! What next are you gunna tell me its not ok to have children with siblings? -A response that some modern day American may give you...

For the people who are overly sensitive: relax I'm just joking

• Brohoof 1

What are you some sort of Anti-Amurican nazi-terroist?! how dare you offend our sophistiercated cultures food! What next are you gunna tell me its not ok to have children with siblings? -A response that some modern day American may give you...

For the people who are overly sensitive: relax I'm just joking

Dude, you are a legend! You even spelled stuff wrong!

(I'm going to assume it was on purpose, for the sake of comedy ;D)

Sad thing is, you aren't that far off from the truth.

Not really, where I live we don't use much preservatives and pesticides, and people are way healthier on the whole in comparison to when I lived in the states.

And my food's not rotten :c

It's different if your food is grown locally, but places like the United States import most of their food so growing it fresh and eating it fresh without preservatives is a dream unless you live in a rural area or a very small suburban town (Like me).

Americans are unsophisticated fools who make big deals out of everything.

I'm offended, that's not something that any (Non-Republican, Republicans don't count) American would say, also, I quoted it as the way I read it, by the way.

• Brohoof 1

Dude, you are a legend! You even spelled stuff wrong!

(I'm going to assume it was on purpose, for the sake of comedy ;D)

The day I can't even use spell-check in my browser (excluding when I'm attempting to be comical or incapacitated or accidental) is the day that I will deem it unsafe for me to use the internet.

It's different if your food is grown locally, but places like the United States import most of their food so growing it fresh and eating it fresh without preservatives is a dream unless you live in a rural area or a very small suburban town (Like me).

I don't have a problem with preservatives, just the amount used in twinkies :P

I'm not trying to tell anyone what to eat, I'm just saying, personally, I hate hostess snacks :P

I usually don't go out of my way for Twinkies but I find myself craving them lately for some odd reason, though I occasionally get some random cravings like that.

The day I can't even use spell-check in my browser (excluding when I'm attempting to be comical or incapacitated or accidental) is the day that I will deem it unsafe for me to use the internet.

Really? I rarely ever need it :P

However, I am a bit of a Grammar Nazi, so 'Heil Punctuation' and all that good stuff :P

Spell check is nice, though :P

Twinkies actually used to taste better, 10 years ago or so.  They must have changed the formula.  Replaced the sugar with HFCS, reduced the amount of cream filling, something like that.  Very occasionally I'd buy a pair of twinkies and quickly remember why I stopped enjoying them.  The modern product was very chemical-y, and the cake was gummy instead of moist.

Remember junk food magnates: if you're going to sell something to us that's horrible for our bodies, at least make it TASTE good.

Have any of you ever had Zingers?  One of the varieties is bright magenta, and covered in shredded coconut.  Talk about a twinkie makeover!  (Still a bit chemical-y though, x,x )

I never really liked Twinkies. No idea why, though. They just weren't that great to me.

(Although I love the brownies that Little Debbie makes :))