Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The battle for canterlot

Nicolae Carpathia

Occ

The sun as softly set over the horizon as the moon slowly climbs into position to take it's place. Suddenly as if Celestia had changed her mind the Sun goes back into it's place. A voice swiftly and coldly spoke so that every pony could hear. "I am the true ruler of Equestira and i hereby challenge Celestia for the right to rule".

Celestia looked up at the sight a tear came down here face as she thought back to what had happen with her sister as Nightmare Moon. Celestia blinked a few drops of tears away from her eyes, she knew what had to be done but it still didn't make it any easier.

Quinky Bolts ears perked. He knew that voice. He just couldn't remember where he had heard it before. Was it at the 2000 year anniversary of Celestia's reign party? He flew up into Luna's branch of the Canterlot Castle.

"Your Majesty, how may I be of assistance? I heard your silent thought accidentally after that voice spoke to our hearts. What is going on?" Quinky bowed.

Edited by Luna Pie

Solomon sat fiddling with the bracer on his forehoof when the voice boomed out. He finished tightening it  before checking the hidden blade. Solomon removed his hood an started a steady walk to the throne room. He stretched out his wings and grabbed his sword as he left.

Yavolin saw some pony in Luna's room so he run over to the intruder with his spear in hoof."Your not permitted in here citizen leave now"! He didn't know what was going on at this point but what ever it was it couldn't be good.  Morning star smiled evily as he looked down at the ground. His horn glowed a dark green as he began to summon up an army.

Quinky removed the three feather-shaped blades that were hidden among his wings' feathers. He could hear somepony approaching, but not towards his current location. He glanced through the window to see a dark figure advancing towards the throne room.

"Um, Your Highness? Would you like me to spy or dispatch the intruder? I am no citizen. I belong to a guild of secret ponies and Luna is my...erm...the person I'm assigned to guard! She and I have met before and we both have knowledge of the arrangement." Quinky burst out.

Solomon opened the door to the throne room. "what would you have me do princess" he said as he entered. He had worked with royalty as a counter-offensive pony, neutralizing would be assassins and such. He wasn't a fast flyer or even a strong pony, but he made up for this with intelligence and agility.

Discord was in his chambers. After he had sworn to 'be good', they had given him a small corner of the palace in which he could create chaos at his leisure. He was sitting on a throne made from water, (defying most laws of physics, by the way.) and slurping up a cupcake. He wondered if Celestia needed him, decided she didn't, and resumed drinking.

Draco walked into th chamber slowly his head held high. His eyes showed a fire of determination and the will to protect his home. He looked to the guard pony. Draco tilted his head in greeting. He walked right into the throne room and bowed "Milady. I am of the O'mally family. My great grandfather served in your army. Our motto or rather code  has been of the old code 'A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked' I ask you milady let me protect my home," Draco said with a deep bow to the princesses. Even if he was a courier he knew how to fight. He heard the voice something within his heart told him to go to Celestia.

Luna nodded at Quinky and Yavolin.  "Yes, we have met before.  Quinky is here to help, Yavolin.  Quinky," she said, addressing Quinky.  "Dispatch the intruder," she said easily.  

It was too early for a Princess of the Night to be up.  But Celestia didn't allow her to sleep during the day at such a time like this.  So Luna was not fully awake.

Celestia gave a tiny welcoming smile to the two ponies who had entered the throne room.  "Solomon," she said.  "There's plenty things that need to be done.  What would you be best at?"  Then she turned her attention to Draco.  Her heart skipped a beat.  Every pony was going to risk their lives for this.  But how could she refuse the help that she needed so bad.  "Draco," she said.  She knew every pony's name.  "I accept your services."

Luna nodded at Quinky and Yavolin.  "Yes, we have met before.  Quinky is here to help, Yavolin.  Quinky," she said, addressing Quinky.  "Dispatch the intruder," she said easily.  

It was too early for a Princess of the Night to be up.  But Celestia didn't allow her to sleep during the day at such a time like this.  So Luna was not fully awake.

Celestia gave a tiny welcoming smile to the two ponies who had entered the throne room.  "Solomon," she said.  "There's plenty things that need to be done.  What would you be best at?"  Then she turned her attention to Draco.  Her heart skipped a beat.  Every pony was going to risk their lives for this.  But how could she refuse the help that she needed so bad.  "Draco," she said.  She knew every pony's name.  "I accept your services."

Morning star finally summoned his zombies but he was still wasn't ready for this fight , he needed more time to fully ready his forces against Celestia.  Yavolin looked at celestia and shoot her confused look."Hy look i have no idea what going on so can you please tell me this is my first day on the job".

Draco coughed slightly as he looked at Yavolin to get his attention "War is coming my friend," Draco then sighed slightly "War, war never changes. But I've learned in my travels it's through the roads that we ponies walk," Draco said within him though he held doubt for his oath that he just sword. His heart was true.  He would try to help out either way he can. "Miladys you shouldn't fear what is coming, steel your heart. No matter the cost or how many lives are lost we fight for our home," Draco said with a tilt of his head to his rulers. He walked to the door slowly. His greatgrandfather taught him alittle trick that he really hoped to teach to other pegasi.

"Yes, be prepared to fight, die and kill." Solomon agreed then turned to princess celestia "we need to know what is going on, what we are facing. I suggest dispatching some of the fastest pegasi we have to scout it out. From there we can plan an attack and prepare our defenses properly." Solomon tried to keep from smiling in the excitement. It was in his genes to enjoy violence, to enjoy killing, but he was not his father and he would much rather outsmart his opponent than torture them and their family.

Celestia frowned and looked towards the window.  She stood up from her throne and went towards the window, looking out of it solemnly.  She then looked back at the ponies waiting for her answer.

"My brother, Morning Star has returned," she said softly.  "And he has threatened to take my place as ruler."  Celestia lowers her head and turns back to the window.  "And he would not be a kind ruler."

Solomon smiled "then let show him he has no domain over this kingdom, you have subjects loyal to you until death" he continued trying to reassure the princess "it may be a tough road, but in the end it will all turn out for the better." Solomon turned around and began walking to the door. His smile faded, he knew many would die and that his enemy was not to be taken lightly, but he truly believed that it would end well. He turned his head back to the princess as he was exiting the door "I will fight with what little strength i have, with all my knowledge and I will do so untill my last breath."

Celestia smiled through the pain in her heart and nodded her head without turning to him.  "That's what I'm afraid of..." she whispered quietly so that almost no pony would hear.

But Luna heard.  Luna looked at her sister standing by the window.  She understood more then any pony why her sister sometimes felt the way she did.  But she didn't think she could help her and thus, didn't try.

Draco sighed slightly as he walked back into the throne room. "Princesses tell me how many death's have you seen in your long lives?" Draco asked as he looked at them. He sat down and looked them right in the eyes.  His silver eyes hid pain, loneliness, and finally sorrow. "I bet you have seen many but want to know what my father once said to me,"

Luna turned to Draco slightly, away from her sister.

Celestia too, turned to Draco.  She was quiet for a long moment.  I've seen so many deaths.  So many I can't even count.  Ponies I loved, ponies who loved me...ponies who were simply fighting my fight even without caring a bit about me.  "What did he say?" Celestia finally asked quietly.

Luna turned to Draco slightly, away from her sister.

Celestia too, turned to Draco.  She was quiet for a long moment.  I've seen so many deaths.  So many I can't even count.  Ponies I loved, ponies who loved me...ponies who were simply fighting my fight even without caring a bit about me.  "What did he say?" Celestia finally asked quietly.

Morning star decided to send a massage to celestia , he appeared right next to celestia in shadow form."For twenty thousand years you have over shadowed me celestia and now it ends. You never cared about me and when you exiled me all you saw was this"! He turned into a werewolf on the spot."Is this what you see sister a Monster"?

Celestia gasped when she heard his voice and froze still.  Luna stood up quickly.  Celestia turned to her brother.  She stared at him as he turned into a werewolf before her eyes.

Oh, brother.  What has happened to you?

"What I see..." Celestia whispered.  "Is not my brother."

Luna trotted over, her horn beginning to glow.  "Sister!  Get him!"

Solomon paid no mind to whatever was going on behind him as he exited the throne room. He headed towards his room to retrieve his crossbow, he would surely need it. He did not fear death, neither did his father, or his father's father. He reached his room and grabbed his crossbow and quite a few bolts. He placed the bolts in his cloak and the bow on his back. He remembered when he was 15 his father left and never came back. He had fought and died for everypony else in this land, how could a monster like that do such a thing. Solomon remembered something his dad said before he left "hardship can make you stronger, but don't let it drive you mad" and for that reason solomon remained emotionally detached. He put his hood over his head and started for the castle balcony

(edited)

Celestia gasped when she heard his voice and froze still.  Luna stood up quickly.  Celestia turned to her brother.  She stared at him as he turned into a werewolf before her eyes.

Oh, brother.  What has happened to you?

"What I see..." Celestia whispered.  "Is not my brother."

Luna trotted over, her horn beginning to glow.  "Sister!  Get him!"

He laughs evilly."Will looks like the family is all here, if you don't want clouds dell to be in shambles i suggest you give me what was rightfully belongs to me,  my fathers throne". his eyes glow red as his face goes back to normal , Morning star remembers that he loved his sister but hatred and anger over shadowed that.

Edited by Choas_Bringer-Bob

Quinky coughed. His head suddenly felt clouded. He sensed an overdose of powerful magic in the room including dark talismans. His training had taught him to recognize the auras, but his teacher had taught him a tad too well. He couldn't see straight. He collapsed to the ground as a powerful stallion spoke to Celestia. Why did this always happen when he was on the job?

Morning star decided to send a massage to celestia , he appeared right next to celestia in shadow form."For twenty thousand years you have over shadowed me celestia and now it ends. You never cared about me and when you exiled me all you saw was this"! He turned into a werewolf on the spot."Is this what you see sister a Monster"?

Draco was about to say what his father once said. Then he saw the werewolf "Hmph I see what this is all about. Jealousy, such a petty emotion to feel," Draco said scornfully at the stallion. He turned to the princesses "My father said begin again but know when to let go. But fornow  know this miladies the last of the O'mally's is here," Draco said as he glared at the werewolf. His eyes widen when the stallion said about Cloudsdale. "So that's it hmm you'll kill ponies just for your petty grugde?"

Draco was about to say what his father once said. Then he saw the werewolf "Hmph I see what this is all about. Jealousy, such a petty emotion to feel," Draco said scornfully at the stallion. He turned to the princesses "My father said begin again but know when to let go. But fornow  know this miladies the last of the O'mally's is here," Draco said as he glared at the werewolf. His eyes widen when the stallion said about Cloudsdale. "So that's it hmm you'll kill ponies just for your petty grugde?"

Morning star looked at the stallion."I think i know an  o'mally he pleaded to me for me not to turn him into a zombie. Such a waste of magic he wasn't even worth my time. So Tia tell me are you going give me my throne or would you rather see your subjects die for a lost war"?

Morning star looked at the stallion."I think i know an o'mally he pleaded to me for me not to turn him into a zombie. Such a waste of magic he wasn't even worth my time. So Tia tell me are you going give me my throne or would you rather see your subjects die for a lost war"?

Draco glared at the stallion infront of him "You play with the dead. Are you necrophilic?" Draco said as he was going to make this stallion pay for disrespecting the dead. If it was through words so be it. "I will make you pay for disrespecting my family arsehole," Draco said through gritted teeth.