Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Anyone a StarWars fan?

PinkieShyFlutterPie

So...I was just looking around the forums and decided to make one here about if anyone likes StarWars? cause i'm a big fan! If you are you can also check out my account on a StarWars forum! AmazingAhsokaT http://boards.theforce.net/members/amazingahsokat.1377755/ i need to go on more tho...lol anyways, if you have a StarWars forum link it in the comments smile.png

How bout some pony StarWars pics? 

post-13331-0-64203000-1364147786_thumb.jpg

post-13331-0-19383900-1364147837.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I am! 

I love the first three ones, the original trilogy. But not so much the ones after it. 

OH! And don't get me started about Disney buying StarWars. I was literally so mad after I heard that! But I'll give it a try.

/)

• Brohoof 1

I love starwars a good bit, however I don't really involve myself in the fandom of it really. I don't know that much about it overall anyways to be honest. I just like the movies the concept and also the games. Expecially kotor.

Btw Celestia with a dual blades yellow lightsaber looks awesome :)

I am! 

I love the first three ones, the original trilogy. But not so much the ones after it. 

OH! And don't get me started about Disney buying StarWars. I was literally so mad after I heard that! But I'll give it a try.

/)

Yay! haha. Well i love all of them...and couldn't pick a fave, most people don't like Jar Jar and the the prequels but..i do :) Also i like the Disney got StarWars...because i LOVE Disney and StarWars and think they will do a good job, tho i do get why you are mad cause it wont be the same. 

I love starwars a good bit, however I don't really involve myself in the fandom of it really. I don't know that much about it overall anyways to be honest. I just like the movies the concept and also the games. Expecially kotor.

Btw Celestia with a dual blades yellow lightsaber looks awesome smile.png

Cool, whats your favorite movie? Or at least do you like the prequels or original 3 more? i love the games, my favorite is SWTOR have you played that one? :) 

• Brohoof 1

Yay! haha. Well i love all of them...and couldn't pick a fave, most people don't like Jar Jar and the the prequels but..i do :) Also i like the Disney got StarWars...because i LOVE Disney and StarWars and think they will do a good job, tho i do get why you are mad cause it wont be the same.

Cool, whats your favorite movie? Or at least do you like the prequels or original 3 more? i love the games, my favorite is SWTOR have you played that one? :)

I think I like the original 3 the best, but the other movies are still pretty good.

I've played SWTOR although I kinda quit when my subscription ran out. However since its free again I may lurk in and play a bit.

I think I like the original 3 the best, but the other movies are still pretty good.

I've played SWTOR although I kinda quit when my subscription ran out. However since its free again I may lurk in and play a bit.

Yea most people like original 3 the best...me i'm not sure lol. Yea i just started playing again since its free...not much has changed. 

I have been a huge Star Wars fan since middle school, I have not only seen all the movies but have also read quite a few of the comics and novels and am a major fan of the expanded universe especially the Old Republic era and Sith lore. And I even know all 7 major lightsaber combat forms and all of their variants and speaking of which there is an online test that is interesting about that.

http://www.quotev.com/quiz/725647/What-Form-of-Lightsaber-Combat-are-you-most-suited-for/

this is what it has to say about me

Form II: Makashi
The second of the seven forms of lightsaber combat, Makashi focused on dueling other lightsabers. You prize efficiency and accuracy over brute force, and tend to fight defensively, allowing your opponent to

tire and make a mistake before you deliver your first, and last, strike to win the duel. 

Notable users include Darth Vader, Count Dooku, and Asajj Ventress

Makashi is excellent for speed and precision but I prefer Form V due to its strong offense backed by an equally strong defense and From VI due to its versatility as it was the preferred form of Exar Kun who was the inventor of the double bladed lightsaber and one of the most dangerous sith lords who ever lived.

I'm a fan of the classic trilogy, I don't like Episodes I, II, and III, and I absolutely hate the numerous edits (Han shot first you m-therf-ckers, strong language is warranted in this case!) they've done to the classic movies before releasing them on DVD.

Edited by Goose

laugh.png  YES! I never thought I'd see a star wars thread around here. Let me start off by saying that I've been a huge star wars for since I was very young. I've watched every episode at least 10 times over each and loved every second of each. Also, for Halloween, I've once dressed up as either darth maul or darth vader for 4 or 5 years in a row (obviously when I was 4. I'm a bit too old to dress up in a star wars costume regardless of how much I actually want to :3). I can personally say that star wars has always been a big thing to me and probably will continue to be in the future.

Personally, I favored the original episodes over the newer ones, but regardless, they were all really good. I also didn't really like the TV series as much as the movies, but there wasn't much else "new" with star wars, so it was okay at the time.

Nice pics btw, celestia's double caber FTW!

I'm a huge Star Wars fan, what's more, I have a ton of the collectibles that came out in the 70s, I have two of the original Millennium Falcons, four X-wings and two Y-wings, as well as a whole bunch of the action figures. I suppose they're worth quite a bit.

I have been a huge Star Wars fan since middle school, I have not only seen all the movies but have also read quite a few of the comics and novels and am a major fan of the expanded universe especially the Old Republic era and Sith lore. And I even know all 7 major lightsaber combat forms and all of their variants and speaking of which there is an online test that is interesting about that.

http://www.quotev.com/quiz/725647/What-Form-of-Lightsaber-Combat-are-you-most-suited-for/

The second of the seven forms of lightsaber combat, Makashi focused on dueling other lightsabers. You prize efficiency and accuracy over brute force, and tend to fight defensively, allowing your opponent to

tire and make a mistake before you deliver your first, and last, strike to win the duel. 

Makashi is excellent for speed and precision but I prefer Form V due to its strong offense backed by an equally strong defense and From VI due to its versatility as it was the preferred form of Exar Kun who was the inventor of the double bladed lightsaber and one of the most dangerous sith lords who ever lived.

Haha, wow! you are like a super-fan c; i know a lot about StarWars but not as much as you! i have been a StarWars fan ever since i can remember :)

I'm a fan of the classic trilogy, I don't like Episodes I, II, and III, and I absolutely hate the numerous edits (Han shot first you m-therf-ckers, strong language is warranted in this case!) they've done to the classic movies before releasing them on DVD.

I love all the movies. I wasn't born when the first 3 came out so i haven't seen the unedited versions sadly...but i do know a lot about which part was edited, lol like Han shot first! 

Yea most people like original 3 the best...me i'm not sure lol. Yea i just started playing again since its free...not much has changed.

I had a 1 year subscription from when it came out more or less. I made a lot of characters, but my highest is only like 25ish or something :P

Most of mine are 10 or so Atleast with a couple in the 20's I have one of each class I believe. Might have two in some for different specs to.

img-1303108-1-laugh.png  YES! I never thought I'd see a star wars thread around here. Let me start off by saying that I've been a huge star wars for since I was very young. I've watched every episode at least 10 times over each and loved every second of each. Also, for Halloween, I've once dressed up as either darth maul or darth vader for 4 or 5 years in a row (obviously when I was 4. I'm a bit too old to dress up in a star wars costume regardless of how much I actually want to :3). I can personally say that star wars has always been a big thing to me and probably will continue to be in the future.

Personally, I favored the original episodes over the newer ones, but regardless, they were all really good. I also didn't really like the TV series as much as the movies, but there wasn't much else "new" with star wars, so it was okay at the time.

Nice pics btw, celestia's double caber FTW!

Well yay now there is a StarWars thread! haha. So have i! i love all the episodes and watched them a bunch of times. You don't like the Clone Wars series you mean? i personally loveee the Clone Wars but thats just my opinion :) 

Yes the pic is just so awesome! 

I'm a huge Star Wars fan, what's more, I have a ton of the collectibles that came out in the 70s, I have two of the original Millennium Falcons, four X-wings and two Y-wings, as well as a whole bunch of the action figures. I suppose they're worth quite a bit.

Me too! c; And wow thats awesome! i wish i had awesome StarWars toys like that! i don't really have any StarWars action figure kind things but i want to get some.

I'm a huge fan of the Star Wars, and have watched all of the movies so far, and loved them all maybe except for episode II(mainly because it comes across a bit more boring than the rest). I'm also really excited for Episode VII

One thing I love a lot about Star Wars though is that they usually pump out awesome video games like Battlefront, Knights of the Old Republic, Republic Commando, and Rogue Squadron(all of which need sequels)

I have liked Star Wars since I first saw it when I was five.  It is wonderfully made and has a great storyline. Tis true that a tragedy hath been bestowed on this brilliance when Disney came in.  But none the less we shall go on.  I personally prefer episodes four through six seeing as how they were the originals and were made first.  Respect classics and all that.  I don't particularly like the cartoon, "Star Wars Clone Wars".  That's not Star Wars!  That's a lame cartoon made around Star Wars in my opinion.  Either way the whole of Star Wars is fabulous and I have loved it for many years.  May the force be with you all.

I'm a huge fan of the Star Wars, and have watched all of the movies so far, and loved them all maybe except for episode II(mainly because it comes across a bit more boring than the rest). I'm also really excited for Episode VII

One thing I love a lot about Star Wars though is that they usually pump out awesome video games like Battlefront, Knights of the Old Republic, Republic Commando, and Rogue Squadron(all of which need sequels)

How was episode II boring in the least?  Need I remind you that episode II has the entire clone army, giant man eating beasts, a huge Colosseum battle, bounty hunters, assassins, murder, romance, treachery, rain, secret organizations, and epic battles that will blow your mind and your soul to bits.  There is nothing boring about it.

How was episode II boring in the least?  Need I remind you that episode II has the entire clone army, giant man eating beasts, a huge Colosseum battle, bounty hunters, assassins, murder, romance, treachery, rain, secret organizations, and epic battles that will blow your mind and your soul to bits.  There is nothing boring about it.

I dunno honestly, outside of Anakin's mom's death, the Clones, Jango Fett, and count Dooku, it just didn't have much that really stood out for me, plus I didn't like the Anakin/Pademe romance subplot much. Though I will admit, it's been a while since I've seen the movie, so maybe my opinion will change if I watch it again

I love Star Wars. However, I like the original 3 just a little more than the prequels.

However, I can't wait until 2015, when the new ones start coming out.

I prefer the original trilogy, but I'm more or less a fan of the series as a whole.  I am basically my friend's Star Wars encyclopedia whenever they have a question about it they generally ask me lol.  As for the Disney thing, I'm taking a wait and see approach with it.

• 1 month later...

I haven't seen the series on Cartoon Network, but I have the original trilogy on VCR, and it was fricken awesome wub.png 

I also play Star wars the old republic, which is pretty fun.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Big fan of Star Wars myself. I agree with everything you said it's truly an epic saga alright and It'll be interesting to see what Disney will do with episode 7, 8 and 9 smile.png

Edited by NightOwl
  • Brohoof 2

@@Asbel Lhant,

Did someone say Star Wars?  Haha 

Yes, yes, I am a fan.  I love almost everthing in it, the extended universe is one of the most intricate and massively delvoped fictional histories and futures out there.

OK how big of fans are people talking?  Like watching the movies and liking them?  Or playing the video games and watching the tv shows?  Or reading the books and comics?  Or as far as collecting star wars stuff?

I'm all but the last... haha

• Brohoof 2

Big fan of Star Wars myself. I agree with everything you said it's truly an epic saga alright and It'll be interesting to see what Disney will do with episode 7, 8 and 9 img-1468306-1-smile.png

I couldn't agree more. I seriously have no idea what people are so worried about...I mean Disney are amazing...Their stuff is so good that their average is the equivalent of most companies' best...If you can't trust them with the franchise then who can you trust?

• Brohoof 2

Is this because of star wars battlefront 3. Man, I am so excited about this game. Its predesesers were nothing short of pure awesomeness, and I expect this to be 20 % cooler. Cant wait for it to come out!!!

post-15599-0-78126100-1368655345.jpeg

• Brohoof 3

@@Mr. Changeling,

Star Wars Battlefront 3 bit the dust with the Disney buy out didn't it?  Last I heard there was much hope for it other than rumors of some other company interested in picking it up.

Also the new 1313 game being killed too, just when it was switched to have Boba Fett be the character that you played as in the game.