Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When Ponies Snap

Radiance64

In the episodes 'Party of One' and 'Lesson Zero', we see Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle effectively 'snap' over a stressfull event in their lives- Pinkie when she thinks her friends don't like her or her parties anymore, and Twilight when she realizes she didn't write a letter to Celestia that week yet. Now, while both of these problems were resolved in their respective episodes, do you think Pinkie or Twilight have it within themselves to 'snap' again? Do you think anypony else will ever snap? Will we need a pony psych ward? I expect this thread to get crazy! :o

Edited by Brony Bolt

The others have snapped, though. IIRC.

I think that Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle snapping was most likely an one-time thing.

Edited by Envy

Pinkie Pie cracks in Baby Cakes.

Rainbow Dash is shown with her most prominent flaw: stage fright, in Sonic Rainboom

Fluttershy is seen with some kind of acceptance issues in The Best Night Ever.

Applejack has yet to be seen with a point where she actually snaps under some kind of stress. She simply doesn't know the meaning of "Yield" when it comes to an objective vs. her ability to exert herself.

Aka her Pride and stubbornness are caused by a lack of Self-Honesty. -Which is ironic considering she's the element of Harmony.

Edited by Blue

There does seem to be an unusually high number of mental breakdowns in the show.

I think we'll see more of Fluttershy getting all angry when people mess with her friends, although that's not really a mental problem its just not what we usually expect from her.

As for the others, not so sure.

(edited)

Aw geez, maybe I should clarify. I'm talking full-on, eye-twitchy, gone mental snapping that creeps other ponies out. Sure, Rainbow had stage fight, Rarity got overdramatic, and Fluttershy got angry, but only Pinkie and Twilight seem to have done what I'm describing.

Edited by Brony Bolt

Aw geez, maybe I should clarify. I'm talking full-on, eye-twitchy, gone mental snapping that creeps other ponies out. Sure, Rainbow had stage fight, Rarity got overdramatic, and Fluttershy got angry, but only Pinkie and Twilight seem to have done what I'm describing.

Well you did ask if some ponies are close to snapping. After seeing Rarity like that... I think theres atleast some potential for it. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

I still believe that if Pinkie hadny given Rainbow some cider at the end of episode 15 then Rainbow would have done a full Twilight/Pinkie craze and snapped. Which would have been funny but at the same time I dont want to see mai favourite pony lose her mind.

Edited by Gingerpotato

I would call Fluttershy's anger at the animals who wouldn't love her a full on snap. She had a crazy laugh followed by lightning, combined with her behavior of laying nets catch the animals, yelling at them in a rage(and she never yells), and going so far as to grab a squirrel in her mouth, I'd say she was in an extremely temporary fit on insanity. And yes, Applejack and Rainbow Dash have yet to full on snap. Applejack wasn't snapped, she was just loopy from lack of sleep that one episode and Dash was just scared to go preform. Edited by super muffin derpy506
  • Brohoof 1

Applejack is probably the only pony in the mane six who hasn't totally flipped her lid and gone off the reservation. The others have either been paralyzed by their mental states (e.g., Dash in Sonic Rainboom) or completely lost their sense of reality (e.g., Pinkie Pie in Party of One; Twilight in Swarm of the Century and Lesson Zero). Fluttershy and Rarity tend to become emotionally unstable when they snap; Applejack has just shown to be stubborn or prideful at worst.

It would be interesting to have an "Applejack snaps" episode just to see what would drive her over the edge and what she would do during her meltdown.

• Brohoof 1

It would be funny to see Dash snap or better yet, all of the mane 6!

Posted Image

I had to, I just had to show this to everypony!

We have emotional and psychological extremes shown in the show because physical conflagration of stress such as violence or fighting is extremely rare in the show, if you recall.

Think of all the times characters are actually on-screen shown fighting. You can count them with one hand for both seasons combined.

• Brohoof 2

We have emotional and psychological extremes shown in the show because physical conflagration of stress such as violence or fighting is extremely rare in the show, if you recall.

Think of all the times characters are actually on-screen shown fighting. You can count them with one hand for both seasons combined.

And most of the fights are comical in nature, such as Dash and Applejack wrestling each other to the finish line.

The closest the mane six came to snapping all at once was when Discord appeared. That, however, was a product of his powers and not necessarily a natural reaction to stress.

I kinda thought that Rarity snapped in Suited for Success when she locked herself up in her house, but I guess it wasn't full on insane. Rarity insane would be funny, snapped Applejack would be scary.

Absolutely the potential is in both of them to have another psychological breakdown, if the circumstances are right. When it comes to Pinkie, the worst that will happen is that she will be extremely angry and not all that fun to be around until she cheers up again.

With Twilight, on the other hand, it could turn into a serious problem, depending upon how and why she snaps. Ponyville should have some kind of emergency magic neutralization on hand to cool Twilight's abilities, because Twilight easily has the potential to wipe out the town if she, in her insane state, thinks it's the logical thing to do.

• Brohoof 3

I always thought of Pinkie as being the most frightening when she snapped; but Kyronea, you have quickly convinced me of the ultimate danger in Twilight losing her sanity.

I always thought of Pinkie as being the most frightening when she snapped; but Kyronea, you have quickly convinced me of the ultimate danger in Twilight losing her sanity.

Oh, Pinkie isn't all that frightening when she snaps at all. If you need some convincing there, I tackle the issue in this post.

Whereas I also argue why Twilight would be so dangerous if she snaps in this post.

Just to add some credibility to my claims.

I personally have experienced Twilight's snap in lesson zero. Med school is a pressure cooker. Since lesson zero i have noticed myself muttering "Clock is ticking Mikey! CLOCK. IS. TICKING."

• Brohoof 1