Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Guys, know this. Berry's tests can be as tough as any college test you might have had. Period.

Most of my college tests have been open book, or large projects. Not that difficult, just time consuming.

TGAP Haven, wanna see what Arcanel has to do?

I would like to see this great and powerful test of doom and despair.

His characters are pretty scary.

Especially Ambrosia....

They seem pretty scary.

Haven't heard enough about her in here, but wouldn't Dusky be more scary?

, wanna see what Arcanel has to do?
Sure, why not.

I fear what I'm about to see....

• Brohoof 1

I would like to see this great and powerful test of doom and despair.

Okay, here it is.

It is time for your test. This will analyze all of your abilities. And you must prove that you can react as well as act. You may write as much as you feel is necessary. And knowing you, I may receive an entire story... But if I become bored while reading it, then you've already failed. You must balance length with appeal. That is the number one objective of this little exercise. Haven's was just so I could see if he could write. I know you can write, but can you roleplay? Can you hold my attention, an animal that refuses to obey?

Try to make this as out of character as you can. You seem the peaceful sort, given to intellectual studies. You analyze everything and think far too deeply. Let's see what happens when I make you a member of the armed forces. Yes, that is what I shall have you write about.

Writing prompt:

You are Lieutenant Douglas Wilhelm. You have served with the Naval Space Command for several years now. You know all the ins and outs of space battle. You have seen the worst, and the best, of mankind. Nothing surprises you anymore. Your current assignment is aboard the USS United Way. I shall briefly play as Captain Arnold Svelter. He shall give you your orders. Take it from there, playing as anyone you may encounter. The outline of this test begins from when you receive your orders up until you die at the hands of a horrible space mutant.

Test Start:

"Lieutenant Wilhelm, you are a good man, and a valuable member of the crew. Today we will be leaving port to begin diplomatic negotiations with the Yardiac people of the outer star systems. Unfortunately, there have been sightings of Rogget space raiders." At that point, Captain Svelter took a look out his space viewer.

Luna's full face was able to be seen in all its majesty. Its pure white luminescence was exceptionally beautiful. A battle cruiser passed by slowly in the viewer, most likely on its way to the far reaches to defend the spice outposts. The captain signed softly. He never wanted this. To be away from home for months at a time. Unlike the young lieutenant, Svelter was never comfortable about war. And despite being the captain of a diplomatic starship, he and the USS United Way had faced their fair share of opposition and battle. Even the smallest of science exploration vessels was equipped with forward mounted laser cannons just as a precaution. These were certainly dark times.

It was actually unusual that Wilhelm was on board the United Way. He had originally been assigned to the USS Empiric, which of course was an 'A' class star-destroyer. Why the lieutenant had been reassigned, Svelter didn't know. But either way, he had proven his worth time and time again.

"As you can guess, we will be taking along at least two spearheads. They will act as our eyes and ears. Our top priority is making it safely to the home world of the Yards. If any Roggs appear, it will be up to the spearheads to engage them. At no point are we to take offensive action. Is that clear?" the captain said without wavering his intense gaze. "Now, I want you to take your place on the bridge. I will follow shortly. For the time being, give the order to launch the ship. We are to head out immediately."

Final Notes:

Okay, as you can see, this is just the very beginning. Once you leave his quarters, you are to follow the captain's orders. From there, make it up as you go along. Use your imagination. You know how it ends, but how do you get there? Do the raiders attack before you make it to your destination? When you get there? Or perhaps after the negotiations are completed? And any and all other variables. I hope what you write enthralls me.

But before you begin, I will allow you to ask questions. If you feel like you need more to go on, please say so. Or any other questions you may have. Ask as many as you want. I want you to succeed. And remember, this character is to be completely your opposite within the confines of a naval fleet officer.

Haven't heard enough about her in here, but wouldn't Dusky be more scary?

I was being facetious. She's a pretty innocent mare to the best of my knowledge.

• Brohoof 2

@@~Chaotic Discord~,@@NewCalamity,

Yo, CD! Tou said that you can't conjoin to create destruction together right? HAH! Watch this! I'll even throw a couple more members!

In the country of Equestria, everything stands at disarray, all caused by forces ponies were never able to understand. The chaotic discord that ruled them all. Meanwhile, in the world of griffons, avians are enslaved and being slaughtered. All under the iron hand of the new calamity that striked them. And in the land of dragons, the reptiles can't stand the fire no longer. They are being burned beyond belief. The apocalyptic chaos that swept them was too much for them. All of this destruction. All of this evil. All in pure harmony. But not just normal harmony. Rather a different kind of harmony.

Chaotic harmony.

Okay, now I SERIOUSLY need to go to sleep if I'm writing this things. :lol:

• Brohoof 3

Okay, here it is.

I was being facetious. She's a pretty innocent mare to the best of my knowledge.

In response to your test: "I'm out. Im going to drop this class right now. Nope

Good day, sir/madame."

Holy crap that's a lot! :o

May God have mercy on Arcy's soul!

And again, I don't know much to nothing at all about his characters. Think I may have heard her name once or twice before.

• Brohoof 2

Okay, now I SERIOUSLY need to go to sleep if I'm writing this things.
Yes, go to bed. You must be fresh for tomorrow.

So people, what do you all think of the test I have laid out before Arcanel?

• Brohoof 1

In response to your test: "I'm out. Im going to drop this class right now. Nope Good day, sir/madame."
You already passed the test. I went easier on you. Arcanel will not have that luxury.... 

Holy crap that's a lot! May God have mercy on Arcy's soul!
He is a writer. He will manage. I have full confidence in his abilities.

He just has to pass the test....

• Brohoof 2

Holy crap that's a lot! :o May God have mercy on Arcy's soul!

Because Berry sure as hell won't.

So people, what do you all think of the test I have laid out before Arcanel?

I like it, something out of the box that will push Arcy.

• Brohoof 1

You already passed the test. I went easier on you. Arcanel will not have that luxury.... 

He is a writer. He will manage. I have full confidence in his abilities.

He just has to pass the test....

I know you did. It wasn't that hard at all. Like an easy English assignment or something.

Well, from some of the posts of his, i believe he can do it.

*Cue Twilights 'I wasnt ready for this' song*

• Brohoof 2

Because Berry sure as hell won't.
Did you sense the no nonsense of the first few parts?

I like it, something out of the box that will push Arcy.
Thank you. I put effort into it. Much thought went into it so that it is as difficult as I could muster.

Wow that's a lot of locations...

I still couldn't understand why some bronies are dying to meet other bronies they even post their locations online. We are not endangered species, right? :/

it's kind of lonely at times though, i admit. just sitting here and talking to people is bound to get to you in some way.

I took in the last L in as a "!"...

I can either blame Scootacool or Viscra. Somepony flip a coin.

i don't leave pee on the floor. who do you think i am?

Did you sense the no nonsense of the first few parts?

Definitely, it's hard not to notice that. It's specifically crafted for Arcy beyond a shadow of a doubt.

• Brohoof 1

Soooo... I finished my job for the day, and the internet suddenly went nuts. When I was halfway doing something, the internet went back up. So, here I am.

tumblr_m2rxl0ADGW1rnl2pl.jpg

@@Starshine, Dammit, Weyland. You were right.

Apple peels are not that bad.

Still prefer them without, though.

Embrace the apple skin U44KB.png

"Why?"

"Because I want to, and I need it."

• Brohoof 1

Need more post count :V

Lookin' good! It has been quite somewhile since the last time I see you frequents this place

Yeah, I have been falling a bit behind in my quest to reach the Pony badge

I am definitely going to flip everything in excitement when I get there, you can count on that :)

Yeah, I have been falling a bit behind in my quest to reach the Pony badge

I am definitely going to flip everything in excitement when I get there, you can count on that

Don't push it too hard. 10 posts a day is already considered hilariously fast around this place VnCRQ.png

And the Phoenix badge looks much better imo. The pony one is too... pink