General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Seems like Scootacool didn't get to include yours and Something Interesting's OCs code on the 1st post :V

Sweet Mother of Celestia! I knew I was forgetting something important!! XD

Scootacool approaches.

Hey! Stop spying on me! Can't a chicken get any privacy! ... Wait... WUT.

I'm visible!? Oh snap... Now my creepy stalker routine has left trails. I'd better go clean up some.

>_>

Who got the 1m post, ?

I know you have the power to tell!

Too lazy! xD

• Brohoof 4

Even with that black background, it might as well stood clear in the sunlight :3
I know, but I wanted people to work a little.
I say we can do it together. Haven will be in a good hand
Certainly.
Tarot was may or may not actually used for telling fortunes in the past. Everything in the card is damn random. From 1000 tries, even if only one guess turns out to be true, everyone will believes that Tarot is magical
Yes, but I like them. Fun to use with friends.
Sweet Mother of Celestia! I knew I was forgetting something important!! XD
Will you be updating mine so that it is both my OCs, or should it remain the way it was? 

Anyone have the "human seeing pattern that isn't there" version?
Didn't you post that a few minutes ago? 
  • Brohoof 1

Flutters_and_Dash.png

The hell, we have 'Issue' tab in our profile now 3lnNF.png

Didn't you post that a few minutes ago?

It was the ugly one, i want to have the good one that looks like the brony version :o

Certainly.

I suggest we try our hands first on a mini RP(maybe via PM), smooth him first, then we can try with the bigger fish. How does that sound?

k3v45pe.jpg?1

Will you be updating mine so that it is both my OCs, or should it remain the way it was? 

Unfortunately, the current system is limited to a single OC, so it must remain as-is. However, I am currently thinking my way through a complete RP world rewrite - something that would turn the place into a massive custom application. One of the things that I want to do is to add turn based responses. In other words, when you go to post, you can post for multiple characters and have their location, avatar, and other relevant info displayed (hit points, die rolls, inventory, etc). Then, when you are finished, you just end your turn. It should be possible to assign multiple turns at once and all kinds of interesting things.

Programming-wise, this is all as hard as heck actually, but I'm slowly thinking my way through and the idea is becoming more refined.

The hell, we have 'Issue' tab in our profile now

Behind the scenes, we are working on something that may or may not see a wider release. :3

• Brohoof 3

Behind the scenes, we are working on something that may or may not see a wider release. :3

Say, isn't whatever that thing is can be put inside the current support ticket system? Kinda weird to have two different system to put any suggested feedbacks :z

One of the things that I want to do is to add turn based responses. In other words, when you go to post, you can post for multiple characters and have their location, avatar, and other relevant info displayed (hit points, die rolls, inventory, etc).

Is that even possible ExokU.png

For more than one OCs actions in one post, you can easily manually put the OC's close-up image and the necessary infos before his/her actions, though.

Thank you for showing me my new favourite gif. I'm going to have so much fun with this.

You're welcome :3

• Brohoof 1

k3v45pe.jpg?1

It's like this song was meant to be played on piano:

Also shows that Skrillex has some musical merit for coming up with this melody. He isn't ALL bad.

It got better after one of the people left. I don't make that much small talk, I sort of just nod, smile, respond, rinse, and repeat.

I can imagine how draining on your mood that is.

• Brohoof 1

1080657448_1218611__safe_solo_fluttershy_underhoof_spreadwings_cloud_sky_signature_falling_artist-colon-miokomata2.jpg.b66a3f8b89a05cc464d47a4c38bf96e1.jpg

Scoots, just a suggestion, but... Perhaps you could allow Berry's current avvie in and just rename him "Lapis & Asteria"? With the rooms being Lapis' first, then Asteria's? Again, just a suggestion

Edit: ... Just remembered, only one character info page at a time... DERP >.<

Edited by Electrobolt
  • Brohoof 1

I suggest we try our hands first on a mini RP(maybe via PM), smooth him first, then we can try with the bigger fish. How does that sound?

I like that idea. You, me, Arcanel, and Haven. And it doesn't have to be adventure I guess. You make up the plot for the Mini RP.

Unfortunately, the current system is limited to a single OC, so it must remain as-is. However, I am currently thinking my way through a complete RP world rewrite - something that would turn the place into a massive custom application. One of the things that I want to do is to add turn based responses. In other words, when you go to post, you can post for multiple characters and have their location, avatar, and other relevant info displayed (hit points, die rolls, inventory, etc). Then, when you are finished, you just end your turn. It should be possible to assign multiple turns at once and all kinds of interesting things.

While that sounds extreme interesting and awesome, that's not what I meant. Though it might not work too well, I do have this picture of them both. And the title of my post .... Scratch that. It's too complicated and confusing. For the time being, Asteria will remain as an extension. And tomorrow, she will get to have a brief outing with Ambrosia. :3

But I feel this is just another way to further stall Lapis.

Programming-wise, this is all as hard as heck actually, but I'm slowly thinking my way through and the idea is becoming more refined.

Don't kill yourself over it though.

Oh you and your secrets. I shall patiently await the next release of stuffs.

Scoots, just a suggestion, but... Perhaps you could allow Berry's current avvie in and just rename him "Lapis & Asteria"? With the rooms being Lapis' first, then Asteria's? Again, just a suggestion

That's what I had in mind. That was my exact idea actually. But I realized it might be a bit silly.

• Brohoof 2

Flutters_and_Dash.png

Say, isn't whatever that thing is can be put inside the current support ticket system? Kinda weird to have two different system to put any suggested feedbacks :z

Issue trackers work alongside support tickets to provide a notification to the entire community of what is being fixed/worked on. So, a support ticket is for one on one interaction, but issue trackers are there for the entire community to view and comment on.

Frankly, I think we need to open the door on this once I get things fully setup. It would save me the trouble of having to close out a half-dozen tickets on the same thing *and* respond to status updates and such.

Is that even possible

Heck yeah, it is possible. Let's step through the whole process and see how it flows.

First, you create a character in the RP. To do this, you just choose a pre-existing character from the character database and you may or may not need to roll for stats right then and there.

Second, you wait for DM approval of your character. The DM will be able to look at your character's story and stats. If approved, then the DM may add inventory to your character to start with.

Third, you are in the RP. Let us assume that you are the first player. So, you go to make your rp post. Now, you will see a screen that looks much like the create a post screen that we have now, but with one major difference. If the options are set, then you will be able to add in die rolls, view HP, view/use inventory, and more.

Fourth, so now you post. For this post, you just need to post so only text and maybe using one item. If you post and inventory is used, then it should vanish from the listing.

Fifth, the DM and others can now see your post.

So, that's the basic flow of things. It isn't really too bad. It mostly involves moving items and other things like that into the database.

For more than one OCs actions in one post, you can easily manually put the OC's close-up image and the necessary infos before his/her actions, though.

Think about it like this. We abandon the idea of posts per user and instead we have postgroups. So, a user can put multiple OC posts in a single post group. Trippy, yes, but it works, in theory. :P

• Brohoof 2

@, All this RP stuff looks fancy. Are we going to be on the cutting edge, or are you getting these ideas from somewhere else? Like, will we be the first forum, or at least the first MLP forum, to implement stuff like this?

• Brohoof 1

Flutters_and_Dash.png

So... That's why I can't find my phone >_<

@, All this RP stuff looks fancy. Are we going to be on the cutting edge, or are you getting these ideas from somewhere else? Like, will we be the first forum, or at least the first MLP forum, to implement stuff like this?

We would be the first site anywhere to have this level of RP features, unless I am mistaken. The fun part is that I intend to make everything ridiculously fast and convenient (and to add in a grammar check). We are probably a month away from me being able to start coding though, but it will be worth the wait.

• Brohoof 3

We would be the first site anywhere to have this level of RP features, unless I am mistaken. The fun part is that I intend to make everything ridiculously fast and convenient (and to add in a grammar check). We are probably a month away from me being able to start coding though, but it will be worth the wait.
Yes, good, good. Then we are one step closer to controlling the world. Soon they all shall line up to join our legions, and we shall conquer... Wait, what am I talking about?

That is all very interesting. If you can actually do this, you will be celebrated as a revolutionary genius. Just imagine it.

• Brohoof 2

Flutters_and_Dash.png

3k8v6.png

I like that idea. You, me, Arcanel, and Haven. And it doesn't have to be adventure I guess. You make up the plot for the Mini RP.

Awrite! H66x8.png

I'll get to make the PM thingy

Oh you and your secrets. I shall patiently await the next release of stuffs.

Scootie loves his work it seems G16t5.png

Issue trackers work alongside support tickets to provide a notification to the entire community of what is being fixed/worked on. So, a support ticket is for one on one interaction, but issue trackers are there for the entire community to view and comment on.

Oooh... Like a pseudo-patch note o_o

as far as I can see there is no visible public link yet for this tracker. Still on progress I pressume?

Now, you will see a screen that looks much like the create a post screen that we have now, but with one major difference. If the options are set, then you will be able to add in die rolls, view HP, view/use inventory, and more.

I'm so happy iIMur.png

*in tears irl

This will be glorious... I can see in a few months after that successfully implemented, we will have a much larger roleplaying subcommunity thanks for those features.

Trippy, yes, but it works, in theory.

Will we see an RP where a group of measly four people reenacts the entire LotR with this feature? only time will tell... G16t5.png

We would be the first site anywhere to have this level of RP features, unless I am mistaken.

There is this another forum that already have something like this, but everything is done manually. Thanks for that the less-than-honest players can cheat their way out on the dice rolls.

• Brohoof 2

k3v45pe.jpg?1

I'll get to make the PM thingy
But what will the plot be? Or shall it remain a secret?
Scootie loves his work it seems
And I love to hear about it.
This will be glorious... I can see in a few months after that successfully implemented, we will have a much larger roleplaying subcommunity thanks for those features.
Yes, glorious. I can't wait.
Will we see an RP where a group of measly four people reenacts the entire LotR with this feature? only time will tell...
That shall be cool.
There is this another forum that already have something like this, but everything is done manually. Thanks for that the less-than-honest players can cheat their way out on the dice rolls.
The cutting edge! 
  • Brohoof 3

Flutters_and_Dash.png

Yes, good, good. Then we are one step closer to controlling the world. Soon they all shall line up to join our legions, and we shall conquer... Wait, what am I talking about?

Oooh... Like a pseudo-patch note o_o

Your patch note suggestion added fuel to this fire. :P

as far as I can see there is no visible public link yet for this tracker. Still on progress I pressume?

Very much in progress. Has been delayed due to all of my sleepiness though. XD

Testing and polishing this thing will be like trying to fight an eldritch horror with nothing but a slice of cheddar cheese.

Will we see an RP where a group of measly four people reenacts the entire LotR with this feature? only time will tell...

My hope and dream is that this becomes a reality... We shall see though. First version will probably suck. x)

Aye... Dishonesty is why I can't just tack this onto the existing posts... Need heavier ammunition! :3

That is all very interesting. If you can actually do this, you will be celebrated as a revolutionary genius. Just imagine it.

It is possible for me to do. I used to do crazy projects... I mean CRAZY ones. Just not with IP.Board.

Only reason I stopped my previous giant projects is that my hands got torn up. This RP world mod would actually be easier than the stuff that I used to do.

And tomorrow, she will get to have a brief outing with Ambrosia. :3

I'm rather looking forward to it. :3

But I feel this is just another way to further stall Lapis.

Nah, it is just Ambrosia being a bit scheming. I do not coordinate events between characters. I don't think that I could anyway. If I tried to write Ambrosia as stalling Lapis for Dusky in any way, then I would probably throw up because the character would be sick. Ambrosia is not a major fan of Dusky's. Not at all. They really are like fire and water, oil and vinegar, hell and heaven. To make things slightly more amusing, they both dislike each other but neither is fully aware of the negative effect that they have on the other.

Ambrosia wants to have Asteria on board the train. Ambrosia is totally sold on Asteria, right now. She is a motherly pony, so that is part of it. She likes Lapis and this is his assistant, so that is another part of it. The final part is that Asteria is so gosh-darn cute and seems to have a familiar accent. How can a Ambrosia resist?

Unfortunately, Ambrosia needs a strategy because Vim is a bit scary sometimes (a lot scary). Vim strongly dislikes stowaways and has no sympathy for them. On top of that, he is not particularly fond of unicorns or the intellectual, particularly those that he does not know. On top of all of this, Vim is suspicious of adorable things. He's always wondering what their game is.

Ambrosia knows all of this, so her first priority was to get Asteria off the train for the moment. The last thing that Ambrosia wants is to be standing around clueless when Vim or Springer shows up (Springer is like Vim on this subject, only worse). Adding to her concerns, she knows that she is sleepy right now and would not be able to defend Asteria against the possibility of getting thrown off and banned from the train.

So, Ambrosia wants information. With information, she can come up with a nice story to spin for Vim for why Asteria should be allowed on the train (completely truthful of course). And, depending on what kind of information Asteria gives her, Ambrosia might even be able to cite some railroading rules that back her story up (she is a badflank when it comes to the regulations - even better than Springer). No worries, Ambrosia is a friendly, completely friendly.

:)

• Brohoof 2

I can imagine how draining on your mood that is.

I'm just happy I made it through it.

Too much rp talk, stop that. Or I just might have to get back into it.

VHerT66.png