Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

The best thing about the Summer season is the warm weather, and the worst thing about the Summer season is the warm weather. When the ground's not moist and muddy you can actually do things outside, rather than sit inside and melt.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Just finished the three mares, which is half of the characters in my picture. Still have yet to start on the background neither. Either. Either.

post-642-0-66012100-1368055288_thumb.png

This is the "Pose" master. It has various reference pictures for parts of facial expressions or body positions which I like, and then mix together. Once I like it, I vector overtop of it, cleaning up bad edges and so on. I call this "Mashing".

post-642-0-89699800-1368055303_thumb.png

Once completed, the effect is noticable in making nice vectors of characters in poses which technically may not have actually occurred on the show at all. Original poses!

This is supposed to be younger versions of Cupcake, Bon Bon and Candy Mane. The idea behind the finished picture would be before the Cakes were married.

On an unrelated note, frozen strawberries in water and using them as tasty ice cubes is better than lemonade.

Edited by Blue
  • Brohoof 3

Well now we know. Good thing there's no existential conundrums about that.

Totes.

Hello there tough guys :3

w4lN3VA.gif

Naw they're totally lovey-dovey over each other. Notice how Mr. Cake refers to his wife as "honey bun".

This is my dabbling in the past couple weeks, making the Blackbird SR-71 reconnaissance jet.

attachicon.gifbuckethead.png

Thinking about maybe coming up for a Rainbow Dash paint scheme for it, considering it still holds the world record for fastest manned air-breathing aircraft since it set the record at Mach 3.4 in 1990. It also looks pretty badass in its classic version of iron-infused black with a red guide stripe for refuelling. (NASA's paint-schemes are never intentionally awesome-looking. More often than not they're designed to be brutishly practical and end up looking like some sweet minimalist stylization.)

img-1445066-3-lockheed-sr-71-blackbird-2

"Honey bun"

My mind is suddenly overrun by innuendos Vbrgu.png

Oh NASA, you and your army of nerds

That's some damn sweet looking modelling there. I'm not sure if Dashie's fur can make a good color base for a plane though.

The best thing about the Summer season is the warm weather, and the worst thing about the Summer season is the warm weather. When the ground's not moist and muddy you can actually do things outside, rather than sit inside and melt.

Gotta agree with that U44KB.png

Just finished the three mares, which is half of the characters in my picture. Still have yet to start on the background neither. Either. Either.

attachicon.gifcomingalongA.png

This is the "Pose" master. It has various reference pictures for parts of facial expressions or body positions which I like, and then mix together. Once I like it, I vector overtop of it, cleaning up bad edges and so on. I call this "Mashing".

attachicon.gifcomingalongB.png

Once completed, the effect is noticable in making nice vectors of characters in poses which technically may not have actually occurred on the show at all. Original poses!

This is supposed to be younger versions of Cupcake, Bon Bon and Candy Mane. The idea behind the finished picture would be before the Cakes were married.

On an unrelated note, frozen strawberries in water and using them as tasty ice cubes is better than lemonade.

*whistles*

That's genius... both your "Mashing" and the tasty ice cubes DrVv5.png

Gotta get me some strawberries tonight

Why does everyone still have donator status?

I thought that was only a one day thing. Not that I'm complaining or anything, I like my shiny gold "Member" title.

Why does everyone still have donator status?

I thought that was only a one day thing. Not that I'm complaining or anything, I like my shiny gold "Member" title.

Bari got it wrong. It's going to last for 9 days.

Make your member title count! :D

Guys, is it me? Or do the notifs and messages only show up when we refresh?

Bari got it wrong. It's going to last for 9 days.

Make your member title count! biggrin.png

Ah. I just kinda threw something down for my user title.

And that happens to me, as well.

I'm getting delayed notifs as well.

I'm guessing that someone's derping up and playing too much cowbell...

bPWa2zx.png

Or something did go wrong with the servers and it's not been relayed to the Turkey...

I'm getting delayed notifs as well.

I'm guessing that someone's derping up and playing too much cowbell...

Wait a second... you seem familiar. How late am I to catch on?

No...

Awww... okay then.

I actually never watched it till this year, and it has to be one of the more exciting sports out there. Its constant energy, motion, and action!

Awww... okay then.

I've never been that big a fan of sports, despite wanting to watch part of the Olympics at one point... (Even still, not too fascinated...)

Yeah, lame and boring (or rather, unexciting) is me...

I've never been that big a fan of sports, despite wanting to watch part of the Olympics at one point... (Even still, not too fascinated...)

Yeah, lame and boring (or rather, unexciting) is me...

Nah don't say that. You just have different interests :)