General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

That's a grave mistake. They will team up and take us down.

I doubt it. Most of them are either destroyed or have peacefully integrated into society. 

yup.

I'm glad we never got married. You're a lawful good hero, and I'm a chaotic neutral bacon villain. We would never have gotten along...

• Brohoof 1

My OCs:  Dividend YieldStormgiggle | Ask Me questions! | My Counting Game

Jeric, on 25 Sept 2014 - 6:09 PM, said:img-29563-1-img-29563-1-snapback.png

Any problem that you may experience on this site can be solved immediately if you simply throw Fluttershy into a wood chipper.   You can trust me on this, because I'm an administrator. Would I lie?

I doubt it. Most of them are either destroyed or have peacefully integrated into society. 

I'm glad we never got married. You're a lawful good hero, and I'm a chaotic neutral bacon villain. We would never have gotten along...

you know what they say, opposites attract!

post-3479-0-68552300-1361330583.png

The Troubled Fighter: Paradox The Creative Romantic: Skyline The Blind Psychic: Psych

Signature: CrystalRose & MatrixChicken

It may seem like they've been fully integrated, but what's hardly observable (but nevertheless omnipresent) is their effect on society. People are uncomfortable around them. They're a bit odd, don't you think?

You'd be surprised. Ponies can be very accepting... 

So you would have helped me in my evil schemes?

I'm back! So, who are we going to fight with magical constructs, Stormgiggle?

Complexity.

Any problem that you may experience on this site can be solved immediately if you simply throw Fluttershy into a wood chipper.   You can trust me on this, because I'm an administrator. Would I lie?

*bonks him in the head with "sleep stick"*

There ya go

you're now asleep

Woona, you can't just hit people with your sleep stick!

At least buy them dinner first!

Seriously, guys? That's not how you get somepony to sleep.

You gotta use a frying pan.

Anyway, I'm about to start making some infrastructure in Minecraft. I spent the past day and a half building a bridge that extends from a swampish area to a mountain, and now I got bored of it and I want to start making some machines. Any recommendations, among the options of Industrialcraft, Thermal Expansion, Factorization, Ender IO, and Thaumcraft?

I'm not sure if that's entirely true. After all, what if magnets have a north, south, and west pole?

• Brohoof 1

a0AgWVX.png

<>

Any recommendations, among the options of Industrialcraft, Thermal Expansion, Factorization, Ender IO, and Thaumcraft?

I love Thaumcraft!  ^_^

That's true. However, the arcane superweapons aren't ponylike! They can't fit in to ponykind. They'll do something weird, I'm sure, while all we're doing is arguing!

(I've been reading Isaac Asimov's Foundation series lately, and these logical/linguistic/dialogue battles are prominent in that series.)

(I also can't help pointing out that this whole debacle is about nothing.)

Edited by Complexity

among the options of Industrialcraft, Thermal Expansion, Factorization, Ender IO, and Thaumcraft?

I just use vanilla Minecraft, so I can't really help there... Unless you're happy with something made from redstone from the few parts available in vanilla Minecraft, but you can probably make something much better than that in your mods.

sig-4139834.sig-4138774.xzoetageppqfross

Thanks to Pink for the lovely avatar and W.G.A. for the amazing signature!

My OCs: Aero Wind, Shadowhide, Ebony (WIP)

We're fighting complexity? But, I love complexity! I don't want to hurt it...

You've never even met complexity! I swear, it's like you have some sort of aversion towards random acts of violence!

That's true. However, the arcane superweapons aren't ponylike! They can't fit in to ponykind. They'll do something weird, I'm sure, while all we're doing is arguing!

I think you're being paranoid! What's the worst that could happen?

I love Thaumcraft!

(I've been reading Isaac Asimov's Foundation series lately, and these logical/linguistic/dialogue battles are prominent in that series.)

(I also can't help pointing out that this whole debacle is about nothing.)

I just use vanilla Minecraft, so I can't really help there... Unless you're happy with something made from redstone from the few parts available in vanilla Minecraft, but you can probably make something much better than that in your mods.

Several things:

1. But doesn't Thaumcraft's ore doubling mechanic require metallum, a crucible, and a rudimentary knowledge of classical Latin?

2. How do you decrease the entropy of the universe? No, I don't have a giant computer to bug.

3. Hoppers are expensive for me, though; I only have, what, three stacks of iron ore? Much of my builds are semi-vanilla, though.

a0AgWVX.png

<>

They kill millions of innocent (and guilty) people, malfunction or backfire, create a secret cult and overthrow Celestia... I could think of at least fifteen more things that could go wrong just at this very moment!

But doesn't Thaumcraft's ore doubling mechanic require metallum, a crucible, and a rudimentary knowledge of classical Latin?

Yes. 

They kill millions of innocent (and guilty) people, malfunction or backfire, create a secret cult and overthrow Celestia... I could think of at least fifteen more things that could go wrong just at this very moment!

No, those are things that could go right. There's very little that could go wrong.

Edited by Stormgiggle

1. Boiler explosion
  2. Solar flare
  3. Gamma ray burst
  4. The earth's magnetic field flipping upside down (or right side up, depending on how you wanna view it)
  5. Someone crashes their car into the high voltage power lines and cuts off power into the city

That's five. We need ten more.

Yes. 

I'm a bit too far off from reaching that point, sadly...

a0AgWVX.png

<>

You've never even met complexity! I swear, it's like you have some sort of aversion towards random acts of violence!

Well, I have a very strong complexity addiction, so...

I would say I probably have an aversion to random violence, but directed violence is fine with me. I've marked Jeric for death in about probably 35 hours or so if he doesn't annul the wedding.

Speaking of which... At this point, do you two still want the wedding to be annulled?

sig-4139834.sig-4138774.xzoetageppqfross

Thanks to Pink for the lovely avatar and W.G.A. for the amazing signature!

My OCs: Aero Wind, Shadowhide, Ebony (WIP)

Several things:

1. But doesn't Thaumcraft's ore doubling mechanic require metallum, a crucible, and a rudimentary knowledge of classical Latin?

2. How do you decrease the entropy of the universe? No, I don't have a giant computer to bug.

3. Hoppers are expensive for me, though; I only have, what, three stacks of iron ore? Much of my builds are semi-vanilla, though.

About entropy: see Wikipedia on "Heat Death of the Universe" and Wikipedia on "Entropy".

Well then you're either a murderer or a sadist.

A little bit of both. Also completely insane, let's not forget that!

• Brohoof 1

About entropy: see Wikipedia on "Heat Death of the Universe" and Wikipedia on "Entropy".

I was hoping that you'd catch the Isaac Asimov reference.

Do we need to increase the entropy of the universe even faster?

a0AgWVX.png

<>

Fair enough, I guess...

I was hoping that you'd catch the Isaac Asimov reference.

I purposefully saw through the reference for comedic effect. Edited by Complexity

I would say I probably have an aversion to random violence, but directed violence is fine with me. I've marked Jeric for death in about probably 35 hours or so if he doesn't annul the wedding.

That's fine. I'm actually not all that violent, but once in a blue moon I preform immensely destructive acts of cosmic violence.

I'm a bit too far off from reaching that point, sadly...

Aww... -_- 

Speaking of which... At this point, do you two still want the wedding to be annulled?

No. I wish to stay married.