Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Are we talking about games? Ooh, ooh, get this game called Snapshot. That's a puzzle game too, and it's super fun, like completely super fun.

I'm more for Minecraft and Simcity 4 and Runescape; Each have their perks and coolness, but SC4's the big one here. Minecraft just needs a big computer...

I should add that flash games are a completely different thing, and In that case, either RP-type games of TDs.

Edited by Ganaram_Bloodrune
  • Brohoof 1

I'm more for Minecraft and Simcity 4 and Runescape; Each have their perks and coolness, but SC4's the big one here. Minecraft just needs a big computer...

It doesn't need to be substantially big, unless you're using a lot of graphics mods. I run it on far settings and stuff and get 172 FPS - this is all with quite a high-end card. Anything above 50 FPS is great to be working with, so you can whittle some components down if you don't want to splash out. It just depends if you want to play other demanding games on the PC too.

Are we talking about games? Ooh, ooh, get this game called Snapshot. That's a puzzle game too, and it's super fun, like completely super fun.

Puzzle games aren't my thing. At all.

Im more for shooters. But only good ones, like Gears of War.

Actually, I'm pretty spread out in mah games.

The only puzzle game I had and liked was that Pokemon based tetris game.

Minecraft just needs a big computer...

Minecraft really shouldn't need that much power.

It's Minecraft.

Maybe now after all the crap updates, but still.

If you wanna see something that needs a big computer, try Battlefield 3 on max settings.

Puzzle games aren't my thing. At all.

Im more for shooters. But only good ones, like Gears of War.

Actually, I'm pretty spread out in mah games.

The only puzzle game I had and liked was that Pokemon based tetris game.

I'll play any game, so long as it's entertaining ^.^ Though the only shooters I've really liked are Borderlands and Counter-Strike. Other ones like Crysis don't really amuse me enough :c

Snapshot is remarkably charming and unique, though. Fans of shooters would like it, I reckon - you need the reflexes and the wit to beat some of the speed runs. Still, your choice :D

Minecraft really shouldn't need that much power.
It doesn't need to be substantially big, unless you're using a lot of graphics mods.

Direwolf20 Modpack, courtesy of Feed the Beast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEZBK5DgaPg

A lot of the crap there just eats up tickrate, and none of the comupters I have ever owned ever had a video card or any more than 4GB RAM and 2GHz worth of processing clock speed. Never will I ever use a laptop, but I'm still stuck with them...

When I downloaded Dire's singleplayer world, I was lucky to even get one frame per decasecond.

Last I played Minecraft Direwolf-style, I was lucky to have just 20FPS, and that's even with Optifine. For the record, I do have footage of me playing Minecraft, and that's the last time I played it.

-----

Puzzle games are also good, as with music-oriented games. NOw if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna play Liquid Measure on a full bladder.

Edited by Ganaram_Bloodrune

A lot of the crap there just eats up tickrate, and none of the comupters I have ever owned ever had a video card or any more than 4GB RAM and 2GHz worth of processing clock speed. Never will I ever use a laptop, but I'm still stuck with them...

When I downloaded Dire's singleplayer world, I was lucky to even get one frame per decasecond.

-----

Puzzle games are also good, as with music-oriented games. NOw if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna play Liquid Measure on a full bladder.

Wow, that's a LOT of redstone. :P I see where you're coming from, using a load of simultaneous redstone is bound to make your frame-rate dodgy. It also applies for particle effects, too many EXP potions is bound to make even the best graphics card a challenge.

Though, processors in Minecraft doesn't add anything to the frame-rate. It just affects the speed of which the world renders around you. Graphics cards are what you'll be wanting a good one of. In my experience, anyway.

Though, processors in Minecraft doesn't add anything to the frame-rate. It just affects the speed of which the world renders around you. Graphics cards are what you'll be wanting a good one of. In my experience, anyway.

Hence part of the reason I'm building a new computer. That, and my old laptop broke a few weeks ago, and SC4 modded also eats a fair amount of system resources. Inkscape also eats my resources...

Last I played Minecraft Direwolf-style, I was lucky to have just 20FPS, and that's even with Optifine.

Well, there's yer problem.

Dem mods.

It ain't Minecraft needing the big computer, its da mods.

Oh, and laptops rule. :V

I'll play any game, so long as it's entertaining ^.^ Though the only shooters I've really liked are Borderlands and Counter-Strike. Other ones like Crysis don't really amuse me enough :c

Snapshot is remarkably charming and unique, though. Fans of shooters would like it, I reckon - you need the reflexes and the wit to beat some of the speed runs. Still, your choice :D

Quite honestly, me too.

Never played Counter-Strike, but Borderlands is legendary. I've never played Crysis so I can't say that. If its like COD then I can understand why.

If I happen to go on a Google rampage then I might happen to look that up along the way.

-----------------

So I'm doing an RS quest right now and the guy I have trapped in this room is the leader of a gang who's pulling a kidnapping right at that moment.

Well, I try all the options given to make him talk and none of them work on him. Except for one...

Torture? No.

Jail sentance? No.

Truth serum? No.

Take away his food? Yes.

Seriously?

Food?

That's his breaking point?

>mfw

mlfw421_130719237649.png

• Brohoof 2

eww games discussion.

It's part computer discussion, in which case, you have probably seen the toilet from a few pages ago... Not that it'd matter to you... If you know what I mean...

Well, there's yer problem.

Dem mods.

. . .

So I'm doing an RS quest right now and the guy I have trapped in this room is the leader of a gang who's pulling a kidnapping right at that moment.

Well, I try all the options given to make him talk and none of them work on him. Except for one...

You're doing the quest Stolen Hearts... It's a lot more epic than the old Al-Kharid quest, that's for sure.

Yeah, mods will get ya... But it's the modDING that also requires a boost in system resources.

• Brohoof 1

It's part computer discussion, in which case, you have probably seen the toilet from a few pages ago... Not that it'd matter to you... If you know what I mean...

i just saw a bunch of games being mentioned anywhere... at which point, i decide to turn it out from my head. mostly because i've all but pretty much completely lost all interest i had in video games before, therefor a games discussion in here makes me feel like the odd black sheep...

You're doing the quest Stolen Hearts... It's a lot more epic than the old Al-Kharid quest, that's for sure.

Yeah, mods will get ya... But it's the modDING that also requires a boost in system resources.

It is, but I not only do I kinda miss the old one (nostalgia goggles ftw!), but it made me have to redo this damn thing even though I've already done the first one. :|

Thats some crap, man.

That's a fair reason.

Also,

"I wouldn't arrest you if you were Ozan!"

"....But I am Ozan....."

"DO HOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO Good try."

Again...

Seriously?

GF Jagex.

Edited by TGAP Haven
  • Brohoof 1

i just saw a bunch of games being mentioned anywhere... at which point, i decide to turn it out from my head. mostly because i've all but pretty much completely lost all interest i had in video games before, therefor a games discussion in here makes me feel like the odd black sheep...

Don't worry; Many of these games befuddle me, too.

I have no idea what that is referencing.

Deckard Cain from the Diablo series. He was in a cage exactly like that in the second installment.

i made this thread:  http://mlpforums.com/topic/43801-thinking-about-selling-my-360-and-possibly-more-stuff-needs-input/

as the title implies, i might be selling my 360 and other stuff, and would like advice on it.

Arcades probably won't go for too much since they're the lowest tier in Xbox models unless you have a good harddrive to go with it. Even worse if its the old version. What does it look like? White and somewhat bulky or black and shiny? The first is the older version which would lessen the price and the latter is the slim model which should help it get a little more.

And as I go looking on Gamestop's website, I'm not even sure if they make the old arcades anymore.

Arcades probably won't go for too much since they're the lowest tier in Xbox models unless you have a good harddrive to go with it. Even worse if its the old version. What does it look like? White and somewhat bulky or black and shiny? The first is the older version which would lessen the price and the latter is the slim model which should help it get a little more.

And as I go looking on Gamestop's website, I'm not even sure if they make the old arcades anymore.

it's the white one. and it does have a 250 or so harddrive going with it, but i think my brother actually bought that one himself.

letting it off to my brother would by far be the simplest way to get rid of it, but he isn't too keen about paying for the thing.