Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

it's the white one. and it does have a 250 or so harddrive going with it, but i think my brother actually bought that one himself.

letting it off to my brother would by far be the simplest way to get rid of it, but he isn't too keen about paying for the thing.

Well, crap. That 250 could be around 100$  (60-100) by itself. Going by Gamestop prices ofc.

Which also says that the console could be about the same price or a little more since its the old model (90+ I'd say since its used.)

Anything going with it like controllers or games?

I'd say used controllers be about 25 or so dollar each since brand new ones are usually 60.

You could just give it to him, but since you're looking for money you'd come out better selling it.

Well, crap. That 250 could be around 100$  (60-100) by itself. Going by Gamestop prices ofc.

Which also says that the console could be about the same price or a little more since its the old model (90+ I'd say since its used.)

Anything going with it like controllers or games?

I'd say used controllers be about 25 or so dollar each since brand new ones are usually 60.

You could just give it to him, but since you're looking for money you'd come out better selling it.

since an Arcade model is apparently pretty cheap, i'd think that him giving me around 150 bucks and then it's all his would be the best thing to do. the games i'd probably end up selling, if i want to do that. like i said, i know it sounds greedy, but i'd really need some money out of it.

• Brohoof 1

since an Arcade model is apparently pretty cheap, i'd think that him giving me around 150 bucks and then it's all his would be the best thing to do. the games i'd probably end up selling, if i want to do that. like i said, i know it sounds greedy, but i'd really need some money out of it.

Eeyup, it somewhat is. That sounds decently fair. So long as he doesn't try and use a store's price against ya.

I wouldn't really think of it as being greedy when you need money. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Yeah! People say/think money is not necessary to live... fuck 'em i say! I can't even drink water without paying either a fine for throwing myself into the river or for buying the bottle at the store.

Edited by Regigas

don't worry, i used to be a control freak when it comes to genres, as well. then i kinda realized that knowing how to name a lot of genres is equivalent to showning off of one's e-peen size. in other words, don't worry about it, and if you still want to learn more about EDM, search for genres on Wikipedia, or have a looksie here: http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/

also, progressive housew, by definition, is a less repetitive version of house. house music in general is very repetitive (see some early Daft Punk stuff, and i think deadmau5' older stuff actually fits in the definition as well.), whereas progressive house is, as it sounds, progressive. it keeps building itself up until it finally reaches a climax. then it goes down again, and again, deadmau5 is also a perfect example of it, Strobe in particular is very progressive.

I guess you're right about the "showing off" part. And I read that link you posted, it's pretty funny actually.

Now that you describe it like that, it makes so much more sense now because that's exactly how they differ. Dunno why I didn't think of that in the first place. I mean, I guess I was sorta close when I originally thought of prog house as being made for listening instead of dancing like most house is, but the way you describe it is more accurate.

What would you say the difference between Electro and House is, in your opinion? It seems like they're the same in a lot of ways but I know there's a difference, because there's such thing as Electro House.

Though, processors in Minecraft doesn't add anything to the frame-rate. It just affects the speed of which the world renders around you. Graphics cards are what you'll be wanting a good one of. In my experience, anyway.

I always thought a better processor would help Minecraft out more, since the game is always placing priority on calculating block positions and updating the world around you instead of rendering things (since the graphics in the game aren't incredible). I mean, a better video card always helps for games, but I dunno.

Well, there's yer problem.

Dem mods.

It ain't Minecraft needing the big computer, its da mods.

Well, Minecraft could run on "smaller" computers if it wasn't so horribly coded.

I mean, I love the game and all, but from an objective standpoint it's a coding train wreck and it's considerably lacking in content in certain areas. That's why I mod it so much...

Edited by bluetrace

wow. i can't believe an entire video game discussion came from me saying i was playing video game music on my guitar. and cause ganny still hasn't played zelda.

play twilight princess, best zelda imho

• Brohoof 1

wow. i can't believe an entire video game discussion came from me saying i was playing video game music on my guitar. and cause ganny still hasn't played zelda.

I'm really late to gaming, you know... I've run this through with everyone else; Guess the games I like.

I just came back from the mall an hour ago, and I bought a Case Closed poster and a Vinyl Scratch pin.

Case Closed... That's the one show where this kid, during certain moments of time, turns into an adult who solves mysteries or something? I dunno if that's right, but... Damn... Talk about a blast from the past...

Case Closed... That's the one show where this kid, during certain moments of time, turns into an adult who solves mysteries or something? I dunno if that's right, but... Damn... Talk about a blast from the past...

He was a young adult detective who was forced to ingest an experimental drug that turned him into a 12 year old. He continues to solve mysteries, but no one can know the truth about him. You should watch it.

He was a young adult detective who was forced to ingest an experimental drug that turned him into a 12 year old. He continues to solve mysteries, but no one can know the truth about him. You should watch it.

Ah, I see... And I did see it before, but... Then I never saw it on air again... I'll watch it again on Youtube when I get the opportunity to, though :3

Edited by Electrobolt

I just beat Majora's Mask :3

The last boss was piss easy but the game itself... They give you no guides as to where you are supposed to GO O_o

Ooo very nice ;)! Majora's Mask was def. a very awesome game. The majority of all the legend of zelda's games were great. I think my favorite though was a link to the past.

Crying.gif?1312088109

Dawww :( poor filly Octavia needs to be cheered up with some music :(

• Brohoof 1

Boring!!!

Ah, I see... And I did see it before, but... Then I never saw it on air again... I'll watch it again on Youtube when I get the opportunity to, though

Last I saw of that show was a left-sided book...

Man it has been a good while since I was last here... 

Anyways hey

Hey, it's hay.

does USS Lyra have a good ring for a star trek ship, galaxy class?

iDunno... Does "iHave to Pee" make a good memeber title?

<Crying Octavia GIF>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIZdjT1472Y