General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Is generation 4 Sinnoh or after that? Because that's the last thing about Pokémon I remember...

Gen 1 - Kanto

Gen 2 - Johto

Gen 3 - Hoenn

Gen 4 - Sinnoh

Gen 5 - Unova

Gen 6 - Kalos

e903e0168e.png

I only name the pokemon that I get super attached to or really like. So getting a name from me is like a badge of honor for my team.

I actually made a little walker mech by using Bionicle joints and pins which I then used this part to stick it to a regular LEGO frame.

img-2535126-1-lego_technic_brick_1_x_2_w

Post a picture of the walker; I'm interested in seeing the legs.

Original Fiction: http://mlpforums.com/topic/69008-hawkmoths-fiction/

לְעֵת תָּכִין מַטְבֵּחַ מִצָּר הַמְנַבֵּחַ.
אָז אֶגְמוֹר בְּשִׁיר מִזְמוֹר חֲנֻכַּת הַמִּזְבֵּחַ.

Speaking of Pokémon, 1, I know how to put the accent mark on the É, but my brother and I failed at naming the first 150 Pokémon.

img-2535198-1-Ykm6Eyi.png

I used to be able to name the first 150.

I never actually learned them all by heart to just name them, however, I could easily figure out one that someone was trying to talk about from stuff about it. I remember my friend naming off just their types and I'd go from memory and name who has that typing and whatnot.

7Crdz3K.png

Post a picture of the walker; I'm interested in seeing the legs.

Looking back on this thing, I probably could have made it better. I could expand the cockpit and possibly add another joint onto the arms... note I made this like 5 years ago in like 20 minutes.

Powered Down

tumblr_n47i0x5FQZ1syddaqo1_500.jpg

Hatch Open

tumblr_n47i0x5FQZ1syddaqo2_500.jpg

Standing

tumblr_n47i0x5FQZ1syddaqo3_500.jpg

Standing

tumblr_n47i0x5FQZ1syddaqo4_500.jpg

How it is connected at the legs

tumblr_n47i0x5FQZ1syddaqo5_500.jpg

• Brohoof 1

e903e0168e.png

Looking back on this thing, I probably could have made it better. I could expand the cockpit and possibly add another joint onto the arms... note I made this like 5 years ago in like 20 minutes.

Powered Down

img-2535974-1-tumblr_n47i0x5FQZ1syddaqo1

Hatch Open

img-2535974-2-tumblr_n47i0x5FQZ1syddaqo2

Standing

img-2535974-3-tumblr_n47i0x5FQZ1syddaqo3

Standing

img-2535974-4-tumblr_n47i0x5FQZ1syddaqo4

How it is connected at the legs

img-2535974-5-tumblr_n47i0x5FQZ1syddaqo5

Interesting. I see what you mean with the torso connection. That's a really good idea. Unfortunately, I've never owned any Bionicle sets. Here is my walker. Tell me what you think.

Front view.

walker1.jpg

Birds eye.

walker5.jpg

Side view.

walker3.jpg

Rear view.

walker4.jpg

High angle.

walker2.jpg

This thing took so long to make. I got my inspiration from a steampunk walker I saw on an internet gallery, copying the lower legs and making due with the pieces I had to recreate the feet. Truth be told, I don't think I'd have ever had the idea for the leg shafts which - as the Lego aficionado you are - you can see are made with lances. I see pieces as they are meant to be, so when I see a lance, I usually only see a lance, though at times, I've used them for gun barrels. Even then, I named the weapons Gravelances.

The pipes were also a bit of a copy job, though again, I worked with what I had along with the size limitations of the walker. Originally, I based the leg design off of this model by a guy called 2 Much Caffeine https://www.flickr.com/photos/24681250@N07/3318652417/in/photostream/

Unfortunately, I'm not nearly as smart and resourceful as he is, and his models along with so many others I see on the internet, put mine to shame :(

• Brohoof 2

Interesting. I see what you mean with the torso connection. That's a really good idea. Unfortunately, I've never owned any Bionicle sets. Here is my walker. Tell me what you think.

Front view.

walker1.jpg

Birds eye.

walker5.jpg

Side view.

walker3.jpg

Rear view.

walker4.jpg

High angle.

walker2.jpg

This thing took so long to make. I got my inspiration from a steampunk walker I saw on an internet gallery, copying the lower legs and making due with the pieces I had to recreate the feet. Truth be told, I don't think I'd have ever had the idea for the leg shafts which - as the Lego aficionado you are - you can see are made with lances. I see pieces as they are meant to be, so when I see a lance, I usually only see a lance, though at times, I've used them for gun barrels. Even then, I named the weapons Gravelances.

The pipes were also a bit of a copy job, though again, I worked with what I had along with the size limitations of the walker. Originally, I based the leg design off of this model by a guy called 2 Much Caffeine https://www.flickr.com/photos/24681250@N07/3318652417/in/photostream/

Unfortunately, I'm not nearly as smart and resourceful as he is, and his models along with so many others I see on the internet, put mine to shame :(

For having being able to make that with "limited resources" is actually pretty cool. It actually gave me a very classic LEGO feeling because of its simplicity and ability to convey what it was designed as. That guy's design is actually used with a ton of newer LEGO bricks, mostly seen in the fact that the body's support is composed of robot arms originally found in the Exo Force LEGO sets. 

On the topic of seeing parts as they are, it really depends on the piece for me. When it comes to my true creativity, Bionicles are my main pieces. Regular LEGOs will always be what they were meant to be, but Bionicle joints could suddenly become fingers, necks, or even bodies when I get inspired enough. My biggest source of pride has to be in my 4 legged warrior I made a while ago.

e903e0168e.png

On the topic of seeing parts as they are, it really depends on the piece for me. When it comes to my true creativity, Bionicles are my main pieces.

Do you know how long it's been since I looked at Bionicle? A long time. It stopped at the underwater excursion for me. And the name "Ganaram" first originated at this time.

a0AgWVX.png

<>

Do you know how long it's been since I looked at Bionicle? A long time. It stopped at the underwater excursion for me. And the name "Ganaram" first originated at this time.

So what is an Inukshuk? I've seen the word before in this old Newgrounds.com cartoon called Eskimo Bob where the characters build a stone statue and call it an inukshuk. The animator said it's some kind of Canadian heritage thing.

For having being able to make that with "limited resources" is actually pretty cool. It actually gave me a very classic LEGO feeling because of its simplicity and ability to convey what it was designed as. That guy's design is actually used with a ton of newer LEGO bricks, mostly seen in the fact that the body's support is composed of robot arms originally found in the Exo Force LEGO sets. 

On the topic of seeing parts as they are, it really depends on the piece for me. When it comes to my true creativity, Bionicles are my main pieces. Regular LEGOs will always be what they were meant to be, but Bionicle joints could suddenly become fingers, necks, or even bodies when I get inspired enough. My biggest source of pride has to be in my 4 legged warrior I made a while ago.

I wish it didn't look so "blocky". There's this finesse that I see with so many custom models, and I have no clue how they're able to plan out the things they make. It's almost like a feat of engineering.

So what is an Inukshuk? I've seen the word before in this old Newgrounds.com cartoon called Eskimo Bob where the characters build a stone statue and call it an inukshuk. The animator said it's some kind of Canadian heritage thing.

The real term should be "inuksuk" without the H. It's an Inuit stone landmark that looks like a person. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inuksuk I first heard it from an unrelated source: a polar bear documentary whose caretakers named him "Inukshuk". I combined "Ganaram" and "Inukshuk" into my name and it's been that way since 2009.

Prior to that was an archaic and nearly-unused name of "Xbohrox Ganaram"; that was from 2008 and even earlier; odd fact is that "Xbohrokx" was my Runescape username; Ganaram came in later. My main interests shifted a lot from Bionicle to Happy Tree Friends; Ganaram Inukshuk was used as my HTF "representative character". And that's how Equestria was made.

Hi, everypony!

I just discovered the magic of Pewdiepie. And ARST movie (It's never ASDF for me). I've never stooped so sideways before.

a0AgWVX.png

<>

The real term should be "inuksuk" without the H. It's an Inuit stone landmark that looks like a person. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inuksuk I first heard it from an unrelated source: a polar bear documentary whose caretakers named him "Inukshuk". I combined "Ganaram" and "Inukshuk" into my name and it's been that way since 2009.

Prior to that was an archaic and nearly-unused name of "Xbohrox Ganaram"; that was from 2008 and even earlier; odd fact is that "Xbohrokx" was my Runescape username; Ganaram came in later. My main interests shifted a lot from Bionicle to Happy Tree Friends; Ganaram Inukshuk was used as my HTF "representative character". And that's how Equestria was made.

Oh... HTF. I like gallows humor as much as the next pony, but I draw the line with HTF. I have a soft spot in my heart for cute cartoon things, and HTF hits me in a weird place.

I wish it didn't look so "blocky". There's this finesse that I see with so many custom models, and I have no clue how they're able to plan out the things they make. It's almost like a feat of engineering.

Funny thing is my plans don't really go beyond digging through my lego bin, grabbing a part, and just slapping it onto the thing I'm making. Though I can visualize the rough body layout and design of the final product in my head. Funny thing is my career choice is actually going to be in the design part of the engineering field.

e903e0168e.png

Funny thing is my plans don't really go beyond digging through my lego bin, grabbing a part, and just slapping it onto the thing I'm making. Though I can visualize the rough body layout and design of the final product in my head.

That's usually what I do too. I decide on what kind of thing I want to build and then go trial and error, having ideas along the way until it's done. Then the next day I scrap large parts of it to improve on the design. That part usually happens four or five times.

• Brohoof 1