General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

I would fucking scream at the top of my lungs like a viking or something where I saw the clue and then be happy as hell when he did find it.

>implying you can't just plug a controller up to your pc

>implying PC controls are hard in the first place

implying everyone has two good arms that work perfectly fine.

YOU WHAT?!! Guys, you're missing out on an entire world of fun!!

Unless you can't get a really beast computer for yourselves, in which case, I can understand your positions.

Jeez, the games I mod or the games I play modded require so much system resources, but then, even general use requires a lot of resources. (I've been known to run out of memory by leaving open 4000×4000 pixel images.)

I don't have the money for an awesome as fuck computer.

My point exactly. There are TONS of controllers made to work on PC and they aren't exactly hard to come by.

I use Xbox 360 controllers myself. I had a good couple of Gamestop brand ones as well, but I got tired of getting a new one everytime it broke, so I just got me a wireless receiver instead and use my actual controllers since i have more of them atm anyhow.

XBOX 360 controllers work well with computers because they are Microsoft like the operating system the vast majority of people who use computers. xD

Also, what's wrong with keyboard controls, anyway? Just remap E to F, S to R, D to S-- waitaminute, that's Qwerty to Colemak, never mind.

Unless you're like Etho and have a deteriorating or non-ergonomic keyboard, or maybe keyboarding is uncomfortable to you in general.

Dude, I loved Blue's Clues. If there's two things I remember, it's the planets and the colours of paint.

Heh heh. xD You have that weird keyboard right? xD I forget why you remap your keys, why was that again? And have them in a different position.

Like this?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Pretty much.

Only difference is when I was a kid I wouldn't get angry at him not seeing it right in his face, I'd just keep trying to get him to listen.

implying everyone has two good arms that work perfectly fine.

>Implying everyone is aware of every other single person's problem ever.

• Brohoof 2

Also, what's wrong with keyboard controls, anyway? Just remap E to F, S to R, D to S-- waitaminute, that's Qwerty to Colemak, never mind.

Unless you're like Etho and have a deteriorating or non-ergonomic keyboard, or maybe keyboarding is uncomfortable to you in general.

Dude, I loved Blue's Clues. If there's two things I remember, it's the planets and the colours of paint.

again, does nobody remember back in the dizzay when I posted pics of my surgery scars on my bad arm and how damn skinny it was? I'm lucky to have enough movement in my fingers on my fight arm to use a controler properly.

Pretty much.

Only difference is when I was a kid I wouldn't get angry at him not seeing it right in his face, I'd just keep trying to get him to listen.

>Implying everyone is aware of every other single person's problem ever.

but I showed pics of it a while back... T-T

This thread is kind of going fast, I am seeming to not be able to keep up. xD I am busy watching science right now so yeah. xD

I am starting to get tired though, I hope to get good sleep tonight, I hate lack of sleep regardless. xD

again, does nobody remember back in the dizzay when I posted pics of my surgery scars on my bad arm and how damn skinny it was? I'm lucky to have enough movement in my fingers on my fight arm to use a controler properly.

but I showed pics of it a while back... T-T

Keywords: A while back

I don't remember much past a week IF I'm lucky, mate.

Whenever you posted this would have been at the most up to a goddamn year ago. That stuff is long gone until brought up again.

And even then, I still only partially remember that.

• Brohoof 1

I don't have the money for an awesome as fuck computer.

Didn't you have a half-busted arm, though?

Heh heh. xD You have that weird keyboard right? xD I forget why you remap your keys, why was that again? And have them in a different position.

Yeah, it's a qwfpgjluyarstdhneiozxcvbkm keyboard. This is why I hate public computers so much; they either have 1GB ram or no way to get the qwfpgjluyarstdhnieozxcvbkm layout; more often, it's the 1GB ram problem; I shudder at the thought of it...

Yeah, you did half a half-busted arm...

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk

Yeah, it's a qwfpgjluyarstdhneiozxcvbkm keyboard. This is why I hate public computers so much; they either have 1GB ram or no way to get the qwfpgjluyarstdhnieozxcvbkm layout.

That sounds like a crazy keyboard layout! Why did you choose that in the first place? I mean I use the regular type, QWERTYUIOP kind. I am not quite sure why you did that anyway.

Keywords: A while back

I don't remember much past a week IF I'm lucky, mate.

Whenever you posted this would have been at the most up to a goddamn year ago. That stuff is long gone until brought up again.

And even then, I still only partially remember that.

well damn. :/

This thread is kind of going fast, I am seeming to not be able to keep up. xD I am busy watching science right now so yeah. xD

I am starting to get tired though, I hope to get good sleep tonight, I hate lack of sleep regardless. xD

then stop watching science! get on here! XD

Didn't you have a half-busted arm, though?  Yeah, it's a qwfpgjluyarstdhneiozxcvbkm keyboard. This is why I hate public computers so much; they either have 1GB ram or no way to get the qwfpgjluyarstdhnieozxcvbkm layout; more often, it's the 1GB ram problem; I shudder at the thought of it... Yeah, you did half a half-busted arm...

yes, yes I do...

then stop watching science! get on here! XD

I will not stop watching science! Science is awesome! I am staying in here though, and I am doing the best I can to keep up, and I have been keeping up, at least it's not one PPS, or posts per second. xD It's tame enough, which is good. xD Plus I am still hanging out with my friend, watching it with him.

That sounds like a crazy keyboard layout! Why did you choose that in the first place? I mean I use the regular type, QWERTYUIOP kind. I am not quite sure why you did that anyway.

Because all of the heavily-used letters are where they should be: literally at your fingertips. I would've gone with pyfgcrlaoeuidhtnsqjkxbmwvz (pronounce piv-gik-rull-ah-wew-wee-dhents-kij-kix-bim-wivz), but it would've put too much strain on my right hand. I even made a presentation about the qwfpgjluyarstdhneiozxcvbkm (pronounced kif-pij-loo-wee-ars-tid-nee-yoh-ziks-kiv-bek-um) keyboard, stating it was the best of both worlds: you have all of the heavily-used letters at your fingertips, your fingers don't have to fing all that much, and you have zxcv in the exact same place as qwertyuiopasdfghlklzxcvbnm (kwr-tee-you-eye-opp-az-daf-gah-jek-ll-ziks-kiv-bin-num) keyboard.

yes, yes I do...

I knew there was something off that I could just barely remember...

I will not stop watching science! Science is awesome!

YOu know what's more awesome than science? Curiosity for knowledge.

That and Latin, the baneboon of the English language. Apparently, the term "language" came from the Latin word for "tongue", and if you stripped all of the Latin and Greek out of English, Anglish (as it'd be called) would have to start calling the word "language" "tongue" instead.

That's how related English is to Latin, despite how far Germanic and Romance languages are.

Because all of the heavily-used letters are where they should be: literally at your fingertips. I would've gone with pyfgcrlaoeuidhtnsqjkxbmwvz (pronounce piv-gik-rull-ah-wew-wee-dhents-kij-kix-bim-wivz), but it would've put too much strain on my right hand. I even made a presentation about the qwfpgjluyarstdhneiozxcvbkm (pronounced kif-pij-loo-wee-ars-tid-nee-yoh-ziks-kiv-bek-um) keyboard, stating it was the best of both worlds: you have all of the heavily-used letters at your fingertips, your fingers don't have to fing all that much, and you have zxcv in the exact same place as qwertyuiopasdfghlklzxcvbnm (kwr-tee-you-eye-opp-az-daf-gah-jek-ll-ziks-kiv-bin-num) keyboard.

Hmm I see, no problem with that. xD I guess it makes it faster for you to type or something? I mean on a regular keyboard I know that I can type, but I could not change keyboard types and be able to type as fast as I do now, because I know where all the keys are and I don't even have to look at the keys to know where they are, I am sure you are like that with your weird keyboard layout and the QWERTY keyboard that we all use would be weird for you and slow down your typing by a huge amount. xD

But anyway, I think I need a Pokemon game, I have not played one for a long time, but I don't have any money. D: I wonder what ones I should get, the new ones? X or Y? Cinny dunnoes. But yeah, I kind of want it though. xD

Because all of the heavily-used letters are where they should be: literally at your fingertips. I would've gone with pyfgcrlaoeuidhtnsqjkxbmwvz (pronounce piv-gik-rull-ah-wew-wee-dhents-kij-kix-bim-wivz), but it would've put too much strain on my right hand. I even made a presentation about the qwfpgjluyarstdhneiozxcvbkm (pronounced kif-pij-loo-wee-ars-tid-nee-yoh-ziks-kiv-bek-um) keyboard, stating it was the best of both worlds: you have all of the heavily-used letters at your fingertips, your fingers don't have to fing all that much, and you have zxcv in the exact same place as qwertyuiopasdfghlklzxcvbnm (kwr-tee-you-eye-opp-az-daf-gah-jek-ll-ziks-kiv-bin-num) keyboard. I knew there was something off that I could just barely remember...

:P no one remembers

You know what's more awesome than science? Curiosity for knowledge.

That and Latin, the baneboon of the English language. Apparently, the term "language" came from the Latin word for "tongue", and if you stripped all of the Latin and Greek out of English, Anglish (as it'd be called) would have to start calling the word "language" "tongue" instead.

That's how related English is to Latin, despite how far Germanic and Romance languages are.

I have curiosity for knowledge, I always ask questions for everything! I mean I like to know things, how things work and stuff like that. It's an awesome thing to know. Though I don't care for Latin, though it would make it easier to find out the etymology for English words. xD

Hmm I see, no problem with that. xD I guess it makes it faster for you to type or something? I mean on a regular keyboard I know that I can type, but I could not change keyboard types and be able to type as fast as I do now, because I know where all the keys are and I don't even have to look at the keys to know where they are, I am sure you are like that with your weird keyboard layout and the QWERTY keyboard that we all use would be weird for you and slow down your typing by a huge amount. xD

It took me about six months to get accustomed to Colemak, and now it's so engrained that I can barely type in Qwerty again. Also, throughout my time typing on a Qwerty, I've had my hands tire out a few times before, like, on the verge of carpal tunnel. On a Colemak, I've never had that problem again.

Also, you know how you can type "typewriter" using the first row of letters (QWERTYUIOP) on the Qwerty? That's nothing; you can type whole, coherent sentences using just ARSTDHNEIO alone, the home row on a Colemak.

I have curiosity for knowledge, I always ask questions for everything! I mean I like to know things, how things work and stuff like that. It's an awesome thing to know. Though I don't care for Latin, though it would make it easier to find out the etymology for English words. xD

If you're like me and can see the connection between Latin and English or are studying but not necessarily learning a second language, or just like to look at different languages in general, you get to pick up on a lot of similarities.

For example, English, Dutch, German, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, and Icelandic are all brother languages, but Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, and Romanian are all sister languages, with Latin being the mother of all of them, plus 30 other languages. English is only a stepchild language of Latin, but you know what's also a stepchild language? Spanish, a stepchild language of Arabic.

Also, a lot of the big and fancy words in English tend to be French or Latin, like language or community, whereas the small boring words in English tend to be Germanic, like I, eat, or hand. There are exceptions to that, though; knowledge and therefore are big words, but they're Germanic in origin, and colour/color and stop, even the word use, came from Latin.

Then you have words that were constructed out of necessity that are combinations of two languages. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_word

Oversimplification time:

As of figuring out the etymology? I just type in "word origin <word>" into Google.

:P no one remembers

I can.

Empty_tin_can2009-01-19.jpg

<insert long post here with lots of things, first half, about keyboard layouts>

I could try that, but yeah I get what you mean. I am going to stick with I know, but maybe they should of did that keyboard layout in the first place if it is that awesome. xD

<insert long post here with lots of things, second half, about languages>

All languages are based off another, mainly. I mean that is how us people communicate, with a written and spoken language, instead of like body language and ques like animals use to communicate, I mean the languages are pretty interesting things I guess. xD But meh. I do like to know things reguardless. xD I am a curious pony, and I can annoy others with all my cinny questions. xD

It took me about six months to get accustomed to Colemak, and now it's so engrained that I can barely type in Qwerty again. Also, throughout my time typing on a Qwerty, I've had my hands tire out a few times before, like, on the verge of carpal tunnel. On a Colemak, I've never had that problem again.

Also, you know how you can type "typewriter" using the first row of letters (QWERTYUIOP) on the Qwerty? That's nothing; you can type whole, coherent sentences using just ARSTDHNEIO alone, the home row on a Colemak.

If you're like me and can see the connection between Latin and English or are studying but not necessarily learning a second language, or just like to look at different languages in general, you get to pick up on a lot of similarities.

For example, English, Dutch, German, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, and Icelandic are all brother languages, but Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, and Romanian are all sister languages, with Latin being the mother of all of them, plus 30 other languages. English is only a stepchild language of Latin, but you know what's also a stepchild language? Spanish, a stepchild language of Arabic.

Also, a lot of the big and fancy words in English tend to be French or Latin, like language or community, whereas the small boring words in English tend to be Germanic, like I, eat, or hand. There are exceptions to that, though; knowledge and therefore are big words, but they're Germanic in origin, and colour/color and stop, even the word use, came from Latin.

Then you have words that were constructed out of necessity that are combinations of two languages. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_word

Oversimplification time:

As of figuring out the etymology? I just type in "word origin <word>" into Google.

I can.

img-3310045-1-Empty_tin_can2009-01-19.jp

least you do. And at least I can still play smash. And skullgirls. And now I must leave you all, for I must sleep. Night!

I am going to stick with I know, but maybe they should of did that keyboard layout in the first place if it is that awesome. xD[/font][/color]

They almost did, which is why we have the Dvorak keyboard.

Fun fact: I asked the question "Qwerty or Dvorak?" once and someone replied "Qwerty for keyboard, Dvorak for musician."

Fun fact #2: Dr. Dvorak, the keyboard guy, and Dvorak, the musician, are distant relatives.

All languages are based off another, mainly. I mean that is how us people communicate, with a written and spoken language, instead of like body language and ques like animals use to communicate, I mean the languages are pretty interesting things I guess. xD But meh. I do like to know things reguardless. xD I am a curious pony, and I can annoy others with all my cinny questions. xD

Thing is, there's more to languages just taking bits of one another to morph themselves.

One, they ultimately would've came from a common ancestor; for example, English, Latin, Greek, and Hindi, plus hundreds of other languages, came from one single language: Proto-Indo-European, and combined, speaker of Indo-European languages make up nearly half of the population of the entire planet, and by land area, they cover more land than probably the Roman, British, Spanish, and French Empires combined. (Can someone do the math for that?)

Also, imagine how nuts it'd be if we could somehow re-merge all of those languages back to PIE, so that nearly half the world would really be speaking the same language.

Second, did you know there are languages authorities for Italian, Spanish, and French, but not English? Those authorities are in charge of maintaining their respective languages, but English has no such authority. French doesn't even want English words in the French language, which is how I can understand this Futurama joke:

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk

<insert a whole heap of text here>

You sure seem to know a whole lot of stuff. xD It's nice to learn things. I could explain a whole bunch of stuff I know, but meh, no one usually cares about that stuff.

Skullgirls is so good. <3

It's a'ight. I need to play it a bit more as I have some friends who like it. xD By the way I have a question for you, If I remember correct you like Pokemon I wanted to ask who was your favorite if I haven't asked it already.

• Brohoof 1

It's a'ight. I need to play it a bit more as I have some friends who like it. xD By the way I have a question for you, If I remember correct you like Pokemon I wanted to ask who was your favorite if I haven't asked it already.

Skullgirls is more than just good, brah.

and I have a giant ass list of my favorites since I could never choose just one. Id have to actually find the post just to say again.

Basically, my favorite types are water and steel/ghost in that order. So, you could consider most pokemon in those types higher up over most others.

Basically, my favorite types are water and steel/ghost in that order. So, you could consider most pokemon in those types higher up over most others.

What type of Pokemon is Riolu again? (Or Lucario, as Riolu ((LucarioLucarioLucario)) is his baby form) I forget, I mean Riolu is my favorite one and has been for a long time, before ponies, but yeah. xD

But I see, no specifics?

What type of Pokemon is Riolu again? (Or Lucario, as Riolu ((LucarioLucarioLucario)) is his baby form) I forget, I mean Riolu is my favorite one and has been for a long time, before ponies, but yeah. xD

But I see, no specifics?

Lucario is Fighting/Steel and Riolu is pure Fighting iirc.

I like both of those, but Lucario moreso.

I mean, there are, but like I said, its a huge ass list ranging from all the gens.

I could easily say that the Squirtle line is a favorite, Totodile line (with Totodile actually being a considered pokesona and Feraligatr favorites out of the three) up there, Steelix, Aggron, Magneton, Electrode, Haunter, Gengar, Muk, Weezing, Slowbro, Slowking, Lugia, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai are a few of them. I could sit here and keep going for a damn long while. xD

Lucario is Fighting/Steel and Riolu is pure Fighting iirc.

I like both of those, but Lucario moreso.

I mean, there are, but like I said, its a huge ass list ranging from all the gens.

I could easily say that the Squirtle line is a favorite, Totodile line (with Totodile actually being a considered pokesona and Feraligatr favorites out of the three) up there, Steelix, Aggron, Magneton, Electrode, Haunter, Gengar, Muk, Weezing, Slowbro, Slowking, Lugia, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai are a few of them. I could sit here and keep going for a damn long while. xD

I think Riolu is a bit cuter in my opinion, I prefer that one more then Lucario, if I were in that world I'd be in the body that's in my siggy and avatar (when this was posted) the same tall as I am now, and be able to talk, maybe do some of the cool Aura stuff, and be cute like that. xD I guess. xD

But if I had a second favorite it might be Pikachu I guess, I mean I liked him before Riolu, and in the way past before Lucario or Riolu even existed. xD But yeah.

I need to get more Pokemon stuff. I am curious to why you like Lucario better, I know you do, but I am just curious. xD