Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I'm kinda fine with the fact that Twilight is an alicorn now. I well have more of an opinion when season 4 comes out and see what they do with it. But what I'm not fine with is Twilight becoming a princess. That part I felt was the only rushed moment of MMC. They should have done the alicorn transformation first and then have Twilight becoming a princess in season 4 after she has trained a little more and found out what her alicorn power is. It kinda feels like if she became a Pokemon master by only defatting the eight gym leaders and not fight the elite 4 and the Pokemon master. (Odd way to explain it)

Another thing I don't like is Twilight has been given a position that she may have not wanted. The one thing we did not know is what she was training to do with her magic. Maybe Twilight had plains after her teaching were done with Celestia and now she may be stuck doing something she may hate. I am hoping because of this Twilight becomes more defiant towards Celestia and hating her for putting this burden on her.

So does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? 

It would seem that, at least so far, Alicorn=Princess so far as the show is concerned. I'm not a particularly big fan of her becoming either of these, but if she's one of them it makes sense for me to have her be both of them.

I personally don't really feel that this position was what Twilight was meant to be/working towards (although the show's canon likely disagrees with me at this point), but I'm not sure if Twilight shares my qualms. It wouldn't seem so. I can't really see this coming up though. Even if Twilight loathed the position, I don't think she would blame Celestia for it. She's still much too worshipful of her to jump straight to that. I wouldn't mind seeing Twilight put in a position where she has to defy Celestia, but I don't think this'll be it.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 2

I dont view twilight as a full fledged princess yet, sort of like a princess in training. In twilights flashbacks cadence did not appear much older than twilight is now and cadence didn't appear to have many royal duties. I think the title of princess is given to all alicorns but they can only hold power after training for their roll.

Princess, like any other title of nobility, is not a job and does not come with any particular rights or responsibilities. Naming her a Princess merely means that Celestia thinks she's wonderful and wants everyone else to think she's wonderful too. She hasn't established any authority or legitimacy in her own right just yet.

• Brohoof 2

I think Twilight Sparkle considers herself Celestia's faithful student, and if being an alicorn princess is what Celestia had planned for her, she's probably more than happy to roll with it. We never really get to hear about Twilight's own aspirations for the future, because I'm honestly not sure she had any other than amassing as much knowledge as possible and perfecting her magic. She kind of strikes me as a life-long student type. Being a princess will probably still allow her to follow those pursuits, so I doubt she'll ever seriously resent the transformation.

Twilight has also proven herself to be an extremely capable leader through her friendship studies. "Games Ponies Play" even showed her finally getting her big flaw of not handling stress well under control. I think she still has a lot to learn, but Celestia correctly realizes that she has proven herself ready to begin really accepting the burden of leadership.

• Brohoof 1

I'm kinda fine with the fact that Twilight is an alicorn now. I well have more of an opinion when season 4 comes out and see what they do with it. But what I'm not fine with is Twilight becoming a princess. That part I felt was the only rushed moment of MMC. They should have done the alicorn transformation first and then have Twilight becoming a princess in season 4 after she has trained a little more and found out what her alicorn power is. It kinda feels like if she became a Pokemon master by only defatting the eight gym leaders and not fight the elite 4 and the Pokemon master. (Odd way to explain it)

Another thing I don't like is Twilight has been given a position that she may have not wanted. The one thing we did not know is what she was training to do with her magic. Maybe Twilight had plains after her teaching were done with Celestia and now she may be stuck doing something she may hate. I am hoping because of this Twilight becomes more defiant towards Celestia and hating her for putting this burden on her.

So does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? 

It is SO not just you.

I do not like Twilight being an alicorn, but I'll agree with you that it would ALMOST become tolerable if she didn't become a princess!

I still wouldn't like the alicorn thing though.

But more to the point, she really shouldn't become a princess all of a sudden. Her friends may not be comfortable with it either!

Their student and teacher relationship proved that they didn't hate each other one bit, and even if Celestia put a burden on Twilight she can still surpass the burden and start to advance in her studies. So, even with pressure on Twilight she can still defeat it.

Their student and teacher relationship proved that they didn't hate each other one bit, and even if Celestia put a burden on Twilight she can still surpass the burden and start to advance in her studies. So, even with pressure on Twilight she can still defeat it.

Yes, I agree with you.

I'm sure that if Twilight stays a princess, it will be for a good cause.

But she will not hate Celestia for anything she gave her.

• Brohoof 1

I've been in this forum whining about Twilight becoming a princess because I felt that she is not ready to have this sort of responsibility,  but I think that I'm assuming too much. Being princess means that she gets power to rule over something? The only thing that she should rule is the Ponyville Library.

Another problem I have with all this is that she lost her horizontal relation to her friends. Of course, another thing I've been saying all over is that ponies are different than humans and it's possible that she will still behave as if they are equals. It's up to DHX to make this happen and this may decide if a lot of people will still like the show.

I don't think that Twilight EVER considered becoming a Princess. This came COMPLETELY OUT OF THE BLUE. But I don't think that she will have bad feelings for Celestia because of this. She'd take it as a responsibility that's hers now and do the best she can.

Honestly, my problems are more that the producers wanted me to swallow that Twilight is now equal to Luna and Celestia (hay... Even Cadance is a stretch) just because she had to be a princess. This whole episode (as much as I loved the songs and the message) I feel that this should have been filed to be used in the last episode of the show.

I've been in this forum whining about Twilight becoming a princess because I felt that she is not ready to have this sort of responsibility,  but I think that I'm assuming too much. Being princess means that she gets power to rule over something? The only thing that she should rule is the Ponyville Library.

Another problem I have with all this is that she lost her horizontal relation to her friends. Of course, another thing I've been saying all over is that ponies are different than humans and it's possible that she will still behave as if they are equals. It's up to DHX to make this happen and this may decide if a lot of people will still like the show.

I don't think that Twilight EVER considered becoming a Princess. This came COMPLETELY OUT OF THE BLUE. But I don't think that she will have bad feelings for Celestia because of this. She'd take it as a responsibility that's hers now and do the best she can.

Honestly, my problems are more that the producers wanted me to swallow that Twilight is now equal to Luna and Celestia (hay... Even Cadance is a stretch) just because she had to be a princess. This whole episode (as much as I loved the songs and the message) I feel that this should have been filed to be used in the last episode of the show.

That's exactly how I feel.

This thing came to abrupt.

And Twilight didn't even express any remorse at it.

She's just flying around like she was always a princess.

And yes, I also think the transformation should have been in the show finale, not the Season 3 finale.

Season 4 guys! Honestly, I can't wait to see it.

Yes Season 3 had a shocking ending and had a bit of controversy, but now that she is technically a sister of Cadence, who if you remember, is a princess of love, Twilight is now the Princess of friendship. Two different kinds of feels. I think it's pretty touching.