Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What state do you live in?

Vampira Heart

1 hour ago, GodlyWolf82 said:

Same can be said for California lol. I had to leave that place. The prices were outrageous.

And that was out in the country side, don't get me started on the city prices.

California is super pricey and I don't think I would be able to stand the climate, at least not Southern California. I need four seasons. But compared to where I currently live and Texas, I'd rather live in California solely because of the politics. But I can't see a scenario where California would be affordable for me but the Northeast wouldn't, so I'll stick with moving to the Northeast!

38 minutes ago, DubWolf said:

Am not! I shoulda known you’d chime in c:<

Are too! I mean, you're making no sense here. Join Savygriffs and I and move out, or at least say you wish you could. lol

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Envy said:

California is super pricey and I don't think I would be able to stand the climate, at least not Southern California. I need four seasons. But compared to where I currently live and Texas, I'd rather live in California solely because of the politics. But I can't see a scenario where California would be affordable for me but the Northeast wouldn't, so I'll stick with moving to the Northeast!

Are too! I mean, you're making no sense here. Join Savygriffs and I and move out, or at least say you wish you could. lol

I'll tell you exactly what I tell everyone. 

It's a great place to visit, but not so great to live. 

Though I do miss seeing and hanging out with friends and family.

If you ever decide to visit, let me know and I'll recommend some places 😁

50 minutes ago, Envy said:

As a person who is a California native, the weather is decent, sure we don't have snow or a lot of rain, but we aren't worrying about too many natural disasters(well depends on the area in California, but still).

The housing crisis is real and the prices are utterly ridiculous. As a person who has a real estate license in this state, it was sad to see people vote against rent control when its actually needed for many areas. Unless you are making $80K or more to live comfortably here, you will not be living on your own in this lifetime in California unless you are incredibly lucky. I know several 4+ member households living in garages(that's legal here in many cities) or 1 bed/bath apartments paying around $2,000 dollars in rent alone. That's also before bills, utilities, food, gas, insurance, etc.

In the past year, I have traveled a lot throughout California due to my job and what I have noticed is that the politics are slowly changing(did you know that in regards for the 2020 popular vote, more Californians voted for Trump in the last general election than Texans? I noticed over the years that it has slowly been changing to republican in some areas. I'm not saying either is good or bad, but something to keep in mind. See screenshots below.)

Also the homeless issue has been exacerbated exponentially. If anyone wants proof of that, there are several hundred videos on youtube alone from the past year regarding how bad the homeless situation is. I have been attacked by a homeless twice in my life even after I have given them some money/been nice to them. I know several people who have been mugged or attacked by homeless people in the past month alone.  If I wasn't already in the middle of many family things here, I would have moved away from here as the living situation for California is going to get a lot worse from the way I am following the politics and regulation changes.

did-you-know-more-californians-voted-for-trump-than-texans-v0-ie3uy18ahqc81.thumb.webp.c8ced41a1fe1886f5668e693de44a6e5.webp

Edited by StarlightNyars

7 hours ago, DubWolf said:

Happily still Texas :coolandhip:. But yes, too hot! And politics >:c 

5 hours ago, Envy said:

You're such a weirdo. How can you "happily" be in Texas? It's simply inconceivable!

I dunno, Texas is the second most populous state after all for whatever reason. :P

As for the topic, I live in the US... but I won't disclose where I am currently. Although my preferences are the Pacific Northwest or the Rocky Mountain states.

2 hours ago, StarlightNyars said:

As a person who is a California native, the weather is decent, sure we don't have snow or a lot of rain, but we aren't worrying about too many natural disasters(well depends on the area in California, but still).

The housing crisis is real and the prices are utterly ridiculous. As a person who has a real estate license in this state, it was sad to see people vote against rent control when its actually needed for many areas. Unless you are making $80K or more to live comfortably here, you will not be living on your own in this lifetime in California unless you are incredibly lucky. I know several 4+ member households living in garages(that's legal here in many cities) or 1 bed/bath apartments paying around $2,000 dollars in rent alone. That's also before bills, utilities, food, gas, insurance, etc.

In the past year, I have traveled a lot throughout California due to my job and what I have noticed is that the politics are slowly changing(did you know that in regards for the 2020 popular vote, more Californians voted for Trump in the last general election than Texans? I noticed over the years that it has slowly been changing to republican in some areas. I'm not saying either is good or bad, but something to keep in mind. See screenshots below.)

Also the homeless issue has been exacerbated exponentially. If anyone wants proof of that, there are several hundred videos on youtube alone from the past year regarding how bad the homeless situation is. I have been attacked by a homeless twice in my life even after I have given them some money/been nice to them. I know several people who have been mugged or attacked by homeless people in the past month alone.  If I wasn't already in the middle of many family things here, I would have moved away from here as the living situation for California is going to get a lot worse from the way I am following the politics and regulation changes.

did-you-know-more-californians-voted-for-trump-than-texans-v0-ie3uy18ahqc81.thumb.webp.c8ced41a1fe1886f5668e693de44a6e5.webp

Yeah I some of my best friends in California "were" part of the blue no matter who crowd. Not my words honestly. But now they say they are libertarian. I do miss them lol.

As for the homeless crisis, yeah, I live there from birth and it has gotten significantly worse over the years.

A rundown 2 bedroom 1 bathroom house cost 600,000 to 800,000 dollars to buy. Where as here in Mississippi, it cost 150,000 to 200,000. Huge difference. I do pay heavy attention to politics but I like to believe that I don't solely belong to one side simply because there was a time before I was brought into this world that both sides didn't hate each others guts and actually banded together when threatened.

That and me and my friends are living proof that both sides can still get along.

18 hours ago, StarlightNyars said:

I have noticed is that the politics are slowly changing(did you know that in regards for the 2020 popular vote, more Californians voted for Trump in the last general election than Texans? I noticed over the years that it has slowly been changing to republican in some areas. I'm not saying either is good or bad, but something to keep in mind. See screenshots below.)

California is a huge state with a huge population. I'm not a math person, so this isn't anywhere near exact but it looks like 6-7 million more voted in California than Texas. While there is a large population of Trump supporters, the percentages between candidates are large, MUCH larger than Texas. Now, Texas is perhaps on the verge of becoming a swing state, but it isn't one currently.

Anyway, I don't mean to get us too lost in the woods of politics here. I only brought it up because it determines for me whether or not a state is livable. My state is/has taken away rights from me and also is now trying to make my tax payer dollars go toward a discriminatory Catholic "public" school. It's an outrage. Where does it end? How many rights will be taken away? How far will this theocratic takeover go? With the extremists in my state's government, I don't even know and I don't want to stick around and find out. So I'm moving.

There's no need to get lost in politics here anymore. I want the next time I post in this topic to be when I have moved. =)

53 minutes ago, Envy said:

California is a huge state with a huge population. I'm not a math person, so this isn't anywhere near exact but it looks like 6-7 million more voted in California than Texas. While there is a large population of Trump supporters, the percentages between candidates are large, MUCH larger than Texas. Now, Texas is perhaps on the verge of becoming a swing state, but it isn't one currently.

Anyway, I don't mean to get us too lost in the woods of politics here. I only brought it up because it determines for me whether or not a state is livable. My state is/has taken away rights from me and also is now trying to make my tax payer dollars go toward a discriminatory Catholic "public" school. It's an outrage. Where does it end? How many rights will be taken away? How far will this theocratic takeover go? With the extremists in my state's government, I don't even know and I don't want to stick around and find out. So I'm moving.

There's no need to get lost in politics here anymore. I want the next time I post in this topic to be when I have moved. =)

Your fine lol. I moved and it's definitely not without some regrets. I remember back when I use to get fired up over politics. 😂 I simply try to not let it effect me anymore. I definitely recommend you choose the state you believe best suites you. It will make all the difference. 

*chirpy North Carolinian noises*

It's alright here in NC.

The Piedmont-Triad area where I'm at is a mixed bag. High Point and Winston Salem could be better as it's leaning more into ghetto lately, Greensboro is trying to not look rundown, Jamestown and the Sedgefield/Grandover area existing in between is a good example of the drastic wealth difference here. Also, golfing tourneys there too. That golf course is so close to homes, I don't know how people can live there whenever the Wyndham Championships, whatever it's called, take place considering they close roads and make it difficult to get home (I lived there before my mom and ex-stepfather broke up).

Raleigh is pretty alright, about as bog-standard of a city as one could expect. Over in the mountains, I know Asheville is a place that people consider as quite gorgeous with a lot of nice people, though I haven't been there myself yet, don't really have the time to right now. Same can be said over in the coast where the beaches are all at, and at least I've been there before. Quite nice there with lots of interesting history! They love Blackbeard and lighthouses over there :P

Well in general we also have lots of historical sites, if anyone likes history.

Hmm, we also have Carowinds I guess. Just about what you'd expect from a typical amusement park, I believe Six Flags owns it right?

Charlotte I've heard is doing lots of touchups and expanding because of people moving in from other states like California and New York. I've seen some photos of it and it's really cool, I wish them all the best to keep up with the new population boom.

A lot of the colleges here are decently well-known, if not well-regarded. AT&T, GTCC, Duke, UNCG, HPU, WFU, Elon, etc.

I'm only aware of GTCC being an affordable and relatively flexible option for music programs, as it was something I had to look into before I graduated high school. The professors had deep connections and experience in the music and entertainment industry as a whole. Unfortunately, when I graduated not long after the pandemic hit so it basically killed the only reason to go to college for me. I feel like a human connection is super important with music, so losing that during those times would've made it somewhat pointless. Now, I'm doing fine self teaching myself at my own pace. Super thankful that I can get the same information from other industry professionals and get their perspectives and workflow (Produce Like A Pro and Dan Worrall especially for technical stuff has been super helpful).

I can't comment on anything else really :sealed: That's about what I know.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I live in the big V known as Victoria, Australia, no finer place I'd rather be in Australia than Victoria, I have been to states like New South Wales and Queensland, I've even done my high school years up in Queensland, but when you compare them, Victoria wins for me hands down!

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Winter Storm said:

Connecticut, I feel like I'm the only one obsessed with pony up here sometimes. I wish we could get some sort of New England meetup group going.

I just visited up there last week and I loved it! I am looking to move up there soon! I'm excited!

On 2023-11-21 at 11:41 AM, Envy said:

I just visited up there last week and I loved it! I am looking to move up there soon! I'm excited!

Oh cool. Are you coming for a job or something along those lines? In many ways I like the state I just feel very disconnected from people here if that makes any sense.

On 2023-11-30 at 2:43 AM, Winter Storm said:

Oh cool. Are you coming for a job or something along those lines? In many ways I like the state I just feel very disconnected from people here if that makes any sense.

I'm not moving for a job, no. I'm moving for a number of reasons, including politics, freedoms. I'm a climate refugee, too. Plus, I've wanted to live in New England for the longest time. I like the vibe up there, as is confirmed by my recent trip up there. 

I'm sorry that you have trouble connecting with people. I hope it's not that way for me, but then again, I suppose I have trouble connecting with people in general. I hate leaving all of my friends and a lot of my family behind. I really do. I spent decades making my friend group. It's going to be super difficult finding a new one. Alas, it's not feasible for me to stay in this state any longer. I already go such long periods of time without seeing my friends as it is, so perhaps keeping up my old friend group long distance might somehow work out for me.