Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if you lived the bachelor life?

ReGen

What would you want your life to be like if you had your own place, if you don't already?

(Also applies to females)

I would probably throw awesome house parties and constantly get in trouble with my neighbors. :wub:

• Brohoof 2

I would...cry. I get scared when I'm alone. Nasty spiders be everywhere. Who will save me now?

Other than that, I'd just do maths/science. watch movies, play games and sleep. Pretty much that. Oh, and I'd go to work. That's a thing too.

• Brohoof 1

I just spend most of my free time alone reading my huge collection of books and doing stuff with the computer, but I guess the major perk is being able to travel freely for any length of time without family problems.Maybe I should attend bronycon and cannabis cup to spice up my life.

• Brohoof 1

I sort of lived the bachelor life for about a month, I had transfered college and was living in an apartment complex owned by the university with 3 other roommates. I read a lot,.ate a lot of Mac and cheese, drank beer, and surfed the internet. It was quite relaxing and everyrhing i had wanted it to be, freedom :)

Then I met my boyfriend, and then do to crazy circumstances we moved intogethet and got our own place, which i must say is much more cozy and I get to have a doggie

I'd keep my favorite alcoholic beverages stocked in the fridge at all times, I'd purchase my own hookah and partake in that on occasion, and probably do what I do now and dick around on the internet all day. 

• Brohoof 3

In the near future I shall be living the bachelor life! The first thing I will do is get a whole bunch of people together and then we'll party so hard we burn the whole house down!

• Brohoof 1

I lived that kind of life for a couple of years after moving out of the house I grew up in to live in an apartment with a room mate in the next town over, I got a job nearby which I still have though I did transfer to another store a year and a half ago. This came to an end 2 years ago after my grandmother on my Dad's side of the family passed away and they sold that house which my father lived in at the time right from under him and my mother could no longer afford to live at her place and this was a year or so after losing the house I moved out of.

So we all found a place and moved in together for financial reasons, it was a strange situation as my parents were divorced but though they were no longer husband and wife they still cared about each other in their own way and cared about me and my brother who was in the military at the time. My Dad passed away back in March and my brother got an honorable discharge from the military and is now living in a condo and going to school on the GI bill so for the most part it is just me and my mother. I didn't do much when I lived as a bachelor as when I wasn't at school or work I was either watching tv, playing video games, reading or eating or sleeping.

I'll hopefully have a rock band by then, so my house would almost always be a mess, and it'd be loud most of the time.  I think the cleanest thing at my house would be my car.  Of course, I'd have a big TV and a nice sound system.

I live in a 3 bedroom house I bought for me and my long term girlfriend to live in..... cut a long story short shes now my ex and I live by my self in a 3 bedroom house that I can barely afford. I used to think I would have house partys but I never bother since all of my friends suck. The upside is I very rarely bother to put pants on on a weekend so that's a bonus I guess 

That's be where I'll be in a few months. I'll probably do the same thing I do now:

Bumming around in my chair/bed. Playing videya games. Watching ponies and anime. Posting on the forums. Not doing my homework. All of that good stuff.

There will likely be empty soda cans scattered throughout the house, McDonald's bags will become temporary trash cans, empty fast food cups become regular cups, and pizza boxes become plates.

• Brohoof 1

During times I'm at my apt I'm more than likely doing homework, or playing games on Systems or PC. Sometimes I'll get curious and start playing around in the kitchen trying out new recipes.

If weather permitting I'll go and work on my car, washing it, checking the oil, etc.

Sometimes when my friends are off work they'll try and visit me. When that happens we'll go buy pizza and hang out at my place playing games.

• Brohoof 1

I DO have my own place. B)  Just me, my dog and the ponies. It's a small two-room apartment, but it's all mine. Nobody bothers me. I have a 27-inch TV that's so old it has no AV hookups and is not hooked up to anything, but I play games and movies on it constantly. I have my primitive Windows XP computer, some books and a nice heavy metal collection. I have all my favorite shows on DVD now. So I'm pretty darn happy with my home life these days. ^^

• Brohoof 3

I already have my own (filth-ridden) place, but I never really experience all this partying 3lnNF.png

If I had more than enough money to throw around, I would love to spend all of my nights eating something ludicrous or playing DotA2 like there is no tomorrow.

• 1 year later...

Well I do live all alone, and have for a long time. but most of the time I just sit around and do nothing but some days I inv over my boss/step brother and his old lady/ few friends from work. We sit around get drunk and BBQ

• 5 years later...

What do you mean "what if?" I'm living the life right now.

Eh, it's alright. It's pretty simple, just go to the store and get food every once in a while so you don't starve, show up to work on time, and game when you aren't doing those two things. It does get kinda boring and lonely sometimes, but that's what friends are for. x3

I don't think I'd be able to have a live-in girlfriend. From what one of my friends tells me, it's not all that it's cracked up to be. I can barely sleep to start with, I toss and turn all night, nevermind sharing a twin-size bed with another body. I stress out if any of my food goes missing, and I'm away from my room for most of the day during the week. So. Meh. :p

Haha, I like the tag :P

I suppose I’d wander around the world, traveling cheaply (as only one person) and going wherever my feet go! 

That kind of lifestyle appeals to me sometimes, having no commitments or anyone to tie me down. But then I realize how much nicer it is to share experiences with someone, to build a life with them and let your life be taken in a direction you may not have expected before. Having someone introduce you to joys of which you may not have known.

Edited by SparklingSwirls

• 3 years later...