Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sollar Eclipse

It does have something similar to > which is - If you remove those and using another type of writing to write the story then it'll be okay.

(Sorry if I didn't understand what you meant.)

(edited)

It does have something similar to > which is - If you remove those and using another type of writing to write the story then it'll be okay.

(Sorry if I didn't understand what you meant.)

Oh... sad.png But ">" are total different from the "-"... sad.png  I will have to write everything again? I took so much time.

;-; I'm going to cry a lot now... Again... Rarity_crying_2-(n1304459866519).png

And: 

Edited by Sollar Eclipse

Greentext is a term that originated from 4chan when users would put '>' on everyline and the text would be, you guessed it, green.  Your story has something similar.  The hypens are the problem and is what the mod is referring to.  Replace the hyphens with quotes (because they're talking) and you'll be good to go.

Greentext is a term that originated from 4chan when users would put '>' on everyline and the text would be, you guessed it, green.  Your story has something similar.  The hypens are the problem and is what the mod is referring to.  Replace the hyphens with quotes (because they're talking) and you'll be good to go.

But... But... ;-; Doesn't have "-" in everyline... Why I'm so pathetic in everything... Gosh... I do everythin wrong... Why? Why? Whhhyy? Okay, I think that I'm acting like Rarity right now...

But... But... ;-; Doesn't have "-" in everyline... Why I'm so pathetic in everything... Gosh... I do everythin wrong... Why? Why? Whhhyy? Okay, I think that I'm acting like Rarity right now...

It's on about 80% of the lines, which is where the problem lies.  You might get away with a couple lines, but it would be best to just replace all the hyphens with quotation marks.

• Brohoof 1

I'm sure you already know this by now, but it's because you are using hyphens instead of quotation marks. A hyphen is used to join words or separate syllables, not to mark dialogue.  If you want it, I edited out all hyphens and replaced them with quotes, I can send it to you, or you can access this gdoc. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FK0_F03r8LWLypIbi_onqWmft0pwubuslfrJtldl3GE/edit If you have nay problems with me doing this let me know and I will immediately remove the gdoc

Edited by Brosparkles
  • Brohoof 1

I'm sure you already know this by now, but it's because you are using hyphens instead of quotation marks. A hyphen is used to join words or separate syllables, not to mark dialogue.  If you want it, I edited out all hyphens and replaced them with quotes, I can send it to you, or you can access this gdoc. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FK0_F03r8LWLypIbi_onqWmft0pwubuslfrJtldl3GE/edit If you have nay problems with me doing this let me know and I will immediately remove the gdoc

Oh my gosh... happy.png  You really did it? It's so amazing... laugh.png  I don't have words for that... So... I will put a video of some of me reaction to this. Okay, here is:

Oh my gosh... img-1416555-1-happy.png  You really did it? It's so amazing... img-1416555-2-laugh.png  I don't have words for that... So... I will put a video of some of me reaction to this. Okay, here is:

It was no problem. If you want any other help with it just ask. I've published multiple times to Fimfiction, so I know how their rules are. (Unlike EQD, which I haven't even considered posting to yet.) Also, tell me when you post it, I'll check it out. And I figured I should mention if you don't know, openoffice has this nice little feature called find and replace, which lets you just find any word/symbol, and replace it with another. Much easier than changing every single hyphen to a quote.

Edited by Brosparkles