Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Update: So I drew a Coronation dress for Luna

Circadian

(edited)

post-9453-0-86972700-1367644202_thumb.png

post-9453-0-12832200-1367893365_thumb.png

Celestia's: I like how it turned out. Wish I could've figured out how to make parts of it look metallic. 

Luna's: It took me forever to get the colors right on this one. Apparently dark blue doesn't really like the other colors very much.

I'm happy with the final product though. :)

UPDATE:

Next up is a Coronation Dress for Cadence. I GO! img-1431204-1-biggrin.png

img-1431204-2-raritye1401200.gif

Edited by Circadian
  • Brohoof 17

I LOVE that outfit. It definitely has a Sun-feeling to it. I can't wait to see your Luna one. wub.png  Oh, and are you going to do one for Cadence? :3

• Brohoof 1

Nice! I really like your design :) it accentuates Celestia's status as the sun raiser. Can't wait to see your Luna design, and that Rarity gif in your post was an amusing touch biggrin.png

• Brohoof 1

attachicon.gifCelestia-Dress.png

I like how it turned out. Wish I could've figured out how to make parts of it look metallic. 

Next up is a Coronation Dress for Luna. I GO! img-1431204-1-biggrin.png

If you don't mind me asking, how did you create this art? I'm confident in my base drawing talent, but by the time it's been scanned and I have to color it and "ink" it, it looks like unmitigated butt.

(edited)
If you don't mind me asking, how did you create this art? I'm confident in my base drawing talent, but by the time it's been scanned and I have to color it and "ink" it, it looks like unmitigated butt.

I drew it by hand, then took a picture of it with my phone camera. After that I emailed it to myself, then downloaded it to my desktop. Then I loaded it in Adobe Illustrator, where I used the image scan function to vectorize it. After that I sent it to Photoshop, where I cleaned it up and colored it.

?_?

I LOVE that outfit. It definitely has a Sun-feeling to it. I can't wait to see your Luna one. img-1431215-1-wub.png  Oh, and are you going to do one for Cadence? :3

I probably will now! Oh, and one for Twilight too!

Edited by Circadian
  • Brohoof 1

I drew it by hand, then took a picture of it with my phone camera. After that I emailed it to myself, then downloaded it to my desktop. Then I loaded it in Adobe Illustrator, where I used the image scan function to vectorize it. After that I sent it to Photoshop, where I cleaned it up and colored it.

ಠ_ಠ

It's a good thing I have access to those at school...for one more month. After that, I'll just have to pirate it earn a decent living.

• Brohoof 1

Nice job bro. Really cool looking and has a cool Greek/Roman style to it (I think).

Certainly better than the dress we got in the actual episode. I hope that was an in-house royal fashion designer and not Rarity.

I found it quite "strange" as well. This looks way cooler.

• Brohoof 2

I like how it turned out as well!  Lovely style Circadian, and always love seeing Celestia getting some love and cute fan art.  Can't wait to see your Luna pic! biggrin.png

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, you'd better do a Luna one! tongue.png Haha, seriously though, this is really great. Keep it up! (Because if you don't..... *shakes fist threateningly*) laugh.png

I've got all summer to do these, so I'm pretty excited. It's the first summer I'm not living at home, so I can do pretty much whatever I want all the time now.

FREEDOM!

• Brohoof 2

I've got all summer to do these, so I'm pretty excited. It's the first summer I'm not living at home, so I can do pretty much whatever I want all the time now.   FREEDOM!

You are so lucky. Your living by yourself correct? I many just go out and visit you for a couple of days in June. We shall see.

Also you better not screw up the drawing of Luna because it appears you've drawn a crowd.

You are so lucky. Your living by yourself correct? I many just go out and visit you for a couple of days in June. We shall see.

DO IT. And yeah, it's just me for the summer. Me and my job. I sent out about six applications fishing for one a couple days ago, so we'll see.

• Brohoof 1

attachicon.gifLuna Coronation Dress.png

attachicon.gifCelestia-Dress.png

I like how it turned out. Wish I could've figured out how to make parts of it look metallic. 

Next up is a Coronation Dress for Luna. I GO! img-1431204-1-biggrin.png

This Luna dress is simply amazing! I love the sorta Star Wars feeling I get from it. Not to metion Celestia's dress which is just awesome as well.

Keep up the great work, and maybe you can make a dress for Cadence next! :)

/)

• Brohoof 1

those are amazing if they were real dresses i'd get them for my girlfriend (i'd get a girlfriend to get them for) but seriously those are amazing and I envy your achievement of solitude

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
Those are both INFINITLY better than the ones in the show. My initial reaction to the dresses the princesses were wearing was something like this: "Whothewhatnow? *gag reflex*"

I was pretty weirded out by the crown Celestia was wearing for that occasion. It was really confusing for some reason to see her wearing something other than her actual one. blink.png

Edited by Circadian
  • Brohoof 1