Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Your most anticipated movies of the summer?

hawkflame

(Apologies if this already exists as a thread; I wasn't able to find one)

So the summer movie season has officially started.  Which of the big summer flicks are you guys most excited for? 

Me personally, though I do want to see Iron Man and Star Trek: Into Darkness, I am *really* stoked for Man of Steel.  The newest trailers have been really impressive, I like having Christopher Nolan as a producer, and frankly speaking, as someone who does enjoy DC's stable of characters, I kind of want to see someone other than Batman really blow people away at the theaters for the first time in years. 

That said, I can't deny that Iron Man 3 and Star Trek are looking pretty great too.  What about you guys?

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I really want to see iron man 3. It's already out now, I think, right?

I was kind of looking forward to catching fire, though. I've seen the trailer but not sure when it's coming out.

I also never heard of Star Trek and I want to know what it is. :P

Yeah, I really want to see iron man 3. It's already out now, I think, right?

I was kind of looking forward to catching fire, though. I've seen the trailer but not sure when it's coming out.

I also never heard of Star Trek and I want to know what it is. tongue.png

Star Trek is one of the biggest Sci-fi franchises of the last 40 years, with 11 movies (12 including Star Trek: Into Darkness), six TV series, a gazillion books, and a fandom that, frankly, dwarfs even the Bronies.  I'm kind of surprised you haven't heard of it, especially since the last movie (a reboot of the franchise) only came out a few years ago and was a huge, huge hit. 

(By the way, the voice actor for Discord is most famous for playing the Star Trek character called Q, and to put it bluntly, Discord *is* Q, in a Draconequus body).

Anyway, here's the trailer for Star Trek: Into Darkness, if you're interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAEkuVgt6Aw

I'm a sucker for movies starring Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, so I'm looking forward to " The World's End", a sci-fi comedy. I don't really care for any Iron Man 3 or anything, to be honest.

Iron Man 3 (which I'm going to be seeing soon anyway)

Catching Fire (which I will be seeing as soon as it hits theaters)

Pacific Rim (because giant robots and Glados)

I'll probably see Man of Steel. I've never liked Superman, but I do like Christopher Nolan, and his Batman trilogy was pretty great.

(Apologies if this already exists as a thread; I wasn't able to find one)

So the summer movie season has officially started.  Which of the big summer flicks are you guys most excited for? 

Me personally, though I do want to see Iron Man and Star Trek: Into Darkness, I am *really* stoked for Man of Steel.  The newest trailers have been really impressive, I like having Christopher Nolan as a producer, and frankly speaking, as someone who does enjoy DC's stable of characters, I kind of want to see someone other than Batman really blow people away at the theaters for the first time in years. 

That said, I can't deny that Iron Man 3 and Star Trek are looking pretty great too.  What about you guys?

I'm not huge into movies.... But I have to say that I'm totally feeling out over " pacific rim" that movie looks so goddamn badass!!

Thanks, Method.