Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your most valuable object?

Rayalicious

I have few but I would say my laptop and all my years of art work. I remember how devastated I was when two of my artwork got thrown into a trash can. It was painful..

My plushies without question. They're  my family and I couldn't live without them. Some of my creative projects are important too; not because they're all that good, but because they took a lot of effort and I wouldn't want to lose them.

• Brohoof 2

Sentimentally, there are three blankets that I've had for all nineteen years of my existence. The edges are so soft, and I like to run them through my fingers, especially when I'm feeling stressed or down. I've been through some tough times with them and they mean so much to me :D

If we're talking what item has the most monetary value, that's my old Conn 12M saxophone, one of the last few made in the United States. Over $1,000 and countless hours have been put into it, and it also has enough sentimentality that I wouldn't really want to get rid of it, either. It's been through a marching band season, a year of high school symphonic and concert bands, and a semester of symphonic band in college.

I have a few valuable objects. Since most of the things I collect lose their value if they are not a set, I must have at least a certain amount of objects to keep one more worth.

It is kinda like having a Ferrari, but only one, and no other cars, and there won't be other cars around to compare it with. Why would that Ferrari have a meaning then?

• Brohoof 1

I don't really have much in the way of sentimental value. I'd say the final issue of Nintendo Power. Been following those guys for a while so to see them end their run was kind of a downer

In terms of actual value, I dropped around $300 a SoC Megazord. Which is an action figure. I don't regret it, but I don't plan on doing anything like that ever again

Both of these pictures. The one on the top was given to me for my birthday in middle school, hand-painted by one of my best friends. She even used the melting crayon tactic, as you can see.

The other drawing was given to me by my cousin, who painted a picture of my late dog Dash as my high school graduation present.  I actually teared up when she gave it to me.

20191125_192401.thumb.jpg.797050ba9b3e1cc48713dbfe9136f3f9.jpg

Edited by Emerald Heart
  • Brohoof 1

In emotional value, first and foremost my beloved pets; but ignoring the living things, my stuffed animals, cats, to be exact, I had since I was a baby. I got seven of them in my first years:

IMG_20191126_182505.thumb.jpg.8ce5ae58e4cbc0cc181f2c6075d4c34c.jpg

But in terms of monetary value, I would guess that that'd be the collection of 19th/20th century law books I recently received from my town's archives (they would have destroyed them because they had them twice, so I asked if I could get them). The oldest one is from 1816, and the "newest" one is from 1930:

IMG_20191126_182125.thumb.jpg.79e62fd6a2de03efd3171b9a4f783e9a.jpg

• 3 years later...
On 2019-11-23 at 3:14 AM, Dreambiscuit said:

My plushies without question. They're  my family and I couldn't live without them. Some of my creative projects are important too; not because they're all that good, but because they took a lot of effort and I wouldn't want to lose them.

Just my gaming PC.  @Dreambiscuit should check it out:coco:  

• Party! 1

Sentimental - I thought long and hard about this but I think it's unironically my bed. I've had good and bad times there, it's where I've been my happiest and my saddest. Plus it's ridiculously comfortable

Monetary - my car, easily (at least if we're talking about things that are fully paid off). 

By value: The zirconium cap I have on one of my molars or my car. Probably my car since any running vehicle goes for like $4000 nowadays.

By sentimental value: probably the many tools I inherited from my grandfather. Or the old 1910s map of France from my great grandfather who served in WW1.

• smile 1

On 2023-10-01 at 8:54 PM, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Just my gaming PC.  @Dreambiscuit should check it out:coco:  

Valuable in a monetary way, sure. Those rigs don’t come cheap so I’ll bet you have a pretty cool set-up. But you can’t hug a gaming PC. Of course, on the other hand, my plushies, who I value so richly, don’t have joysticks and haptic feedback. It’s all about priorities I guess! :please:

• Hugs 2

6 minutes ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Valuable in a monetary way, sure. Those rigs don’t come cheap so I’ll bet you have a pretty cool set-up. But you can’t hug a gaming PC. Of course, on the other hand, my plushies, who I value so richly, don’t have joysticks and haptic feedback. It’s all about priorities I guess! :please:

Dream plushies. :D

• Delighted Giggle 1
  • Party! 1

I got a copy of Power Rangers Soul of the Dragon signed by JDF, no way am I ever going to part with it, especially after his passing

• Sad 1