Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Space Nazis

Akemi Homura

• 3 months later...

Maybe they were so afraid of the prospect that they tried to decline it by laughing it off?

But I do agree, this shouldn't be a comedy.

I'm glad someone agrees, even if i did go off on a bit of a rant over it.

I think this is a small overreaction on this part. Nobody's trying to decline it... But the idea's just trying to be so absurd that it would be a flop and a joke if it'd be a "serious movie" so to say. It's completely different when you see the movie. But, as always, not everypony likes every movie. I respect your opinion, but I think that's an overreaction. But everypony has different humor. :)

I, personally, liked the movie. I even know a guy who was acting in it - tho only as a soldier on the moon, haha. I found it very amusing - and you can find references to different things while watching it (for example, a reference to the Hitler movie - you might know the movie clip in youtube that has always different subtitles and Hitler rages?). I liked the characters and the story... And some of the random humor. :)

I'd recommend this if you're familiar with history and like absurd - and maybe not so obvious - humor.

I think this is a small overreaction on this part. Nobody's trying to decline it... But the idea's just trying to be so absurd that it would be a flop and a joke if it'd be a "serious movie" so to say. It's completely different when you see the movie. But, as always, not everypony likes every movie. I respect your opinion, but I think that's an overreaction. But everypony has different humor. :)

I, personally, liked the movie. I even know a guy who was acting in it - tho only as a soldier on the moon, haha. I found it very amusing - and you can find references to different things while watching it (for example, a reference to the Hitler movie - you might know the movie clip in youtube that has always different subtitles and Hitler rages?). I liked the characters and the story... And some of the random humor. :)

I'd recommend this if you're familiar with history and like absurd - and maybe not so obvious - humor.

I have never been a fan of this type of "Over the top" humor. Like I said, I would have really been interested in "Iron Sky" if they had gone for intense drama, instead of sophomoric humor. As it stands, I still have zero interest in seeing it as a comedy. You should read Robert Heinlein's "Rocket-ship Galileo" to see how the subject could be handled without resorting to low comedy.

Here's a link. The book was published in 1947, and i think it still stands up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_Ship_Galileo

I have never been a fan of this type of "Over the top" humor. Like I said, I would have really been interested in "Iron Sky" if they had gone for intense drama, instead of sophomoric humor. As it stands, I still have zero interest in seeing it as a comedy. You should read Robert Heinlein's "Rocket-ship Galileo" to see how the subject could be handled without resorting to low comedy.

Here's a link. The book was published in 1947, and i think it still stands up.

http://en.wikipedia....et_Ship_Galileo

If you're into that kind of sci-fi, it's fine to me - but please, PLEASE don't shove it in my face! I'll read it if I want to, you already mentioned that one in your previous post, I know how to find it.

And you say "low humor" - you haven't seen it, so how do you know if it's "low humor"? And humor is, after all, a way to cope with things and reality... I wouldn't judge a movie that fast.

If you're into that kind of sci-fi, it's fine to me - but please, PLEASE don't shove it in my face! I'll read it if I want to, you already mentioned that one in your previous post, I know how to find it.

And you say "low humor" - you haven't seen it, so how do you know if it's "low humor"? And humor is, after all, a way to cope with things and reality... I wouldn't judge a movie that fast.

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot myself for a moment. YOU are allowed to have a strong opinion of how great a movie is, but I'M not allowed to have an opposite negative outlook. You posted I'd recommend this if you're familiar with history and like absurd - and maybe not so obvious - humor. and that was fine. I said You should read Robert Heinlein's "Rocket-ship Galileo" and you have the nerve to get angry over me "Shoving" my opinion in your face? You sir, are an ass.

PS. To be perfectly honest. I didn't remember mentioning Heinlein's book or providing a link. I made that post almost FOUR months ago!

(edited)

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot myself for a moment. YOU are allowed to have a strong opinion of how great a movie is, but I'M not allowed to have an opposite negative outlook. You posted I'd recommend this if you're familiar with history and like absurd - and maybe not so obvious - humor. and that was fine. I said You should read Robert Heinlein's "Rocket-ship Galileo" and you have the nerve to get angry over me "Shoving" my opinion in your face? You sir, are an ass.

PS. To be perfectly honest. I didn't remember mentioning Heinlein's book or providing a link. I made that post almost FOUR months ago!

Well, sorry about that book thing - I really thought I saw you mention it in that post. But anyways, I didn't say in any way that you couldn't have an oppinion. I just thought that you were directing this link to me, not to everypony. Just a plain misunderstanding there, when you quoted my whole post. I didn't realize you were talking in general.

And please, if you have to call me an ass, at least call me miss. But if you forgive my misunderstanding, then no prosteriors, please.

Edited by Tenshinohana

Well, sorry about that book thing - I really thought I saw you mention it in that post. But anyways, I didn't say in any way that you couldn't have an oppinion. I just thought that you were directing this link to me, not to everypony. Just a plain misunderstanding there, when you quoted my whole post. I didn't realize you were talking in general.

And please, if you have to call me an ass, at least call me miss. But if you forgive my misunderstanding, then no prosteriors, please.

Sorry about calling you a sir, and an ass, by the way. I had forgotten about already posting that link, and I was just throwing it out there for people in general to check out.

I didn't look at your profile, and your name made me think of this guy:

Posted Image

I was actually bitterly disappointed to discover "Iron Sky" was a comedy. The first clip I saw months ago gave no hint to this. I thought it was going to be a hard science fiction alternate history story, and was really looking forward to it. Once I saw some "Funny" clips from the movie, you now couldn't pay me to see it. They decided to throw in a Sarah Palen looking American president, who declares "Any president that starts a war gets a second term!" Then, for reasons that escape me, when the people in some kind of war situation room find out that the THOUSANDS of ships headed for Earth are piloted by Nazis, they all laugh their asses off. Why would anyone find the prospect of WWII era Nazis, with their insane xenophobic mindset, piloting advanced space-faring armed ships to be funny? If this somehow happened in real life, grown men would be sobbing in absolute terror. Every missile and warhead would be armed and aimed at the heavens. People world wide would unite in praying that every ship would be vaporized before it reached Earth. Laughing most certainly wouldn't be the proper reaction! Try this. Go find an elderly Jewish person. As him if this would be funny.

I will watch the film, because I've heard that it'd be awesome and I think it will be funny for me(and I am from Austria, a former nazi country), but after the teaser I had hoped for an awesome sci-fi/dieselpunk movie instead of a comedy. Especially those Nazi-spaceships looked great.