Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Space Nazis

Akemi Homura

I always imagined the Space Pirates in Super Metroid as Space Nazi's.

Not ACTUAL NAZI'S FROM SPACE who speak perfect English and somehow LIVED ON THE MOON.

How did they get there? Why are they there? I DO NOT UNDERSTAND.

Just... What?

It looks interesting, but dosen't make any sense.

• Brohoof 2

I always imagined the Space Pirates in Super Metroid as Space Nazi's.

Not ACTUAL NAZI'S FROM SPACE who speak perfect English and somehow LIVED ON THE MOON.

How did they get there? Why are they there? I DO NOT UNDERSTAND.

Just... What?

It looks interesting, but dosen't make any sense.

I'm quite baffled by it, too.

i dont want to be hating, the special effects and such are good but.... space nazi? the must be the cheapest idea ever made up. and on top of that, what the hell did i just watch?

post-1283-0-29766900-1328780154_thumb.png

Well it is an alien invasion parody/comedy film so one can't expect it to be historically accurate or for that matter to take it self a 100% seriously. Oh, and this reminds me of those C&C:RA cutscenes and Mars Attacks!

Edited by SrFrog

Space Nazis spontaneously generate on various planets. No one knows how or why.

BUT. We do know one thing...Space Nazis cannot tolerate My Little Pony. Bronies are enemy #1.

Imitate Applejack's voice, and they cover their ears and run away. Tie one down and make him watch an episode, he'll scream like a girl and burst into flames before the 10 minute mark.

Space Nazis are watching this very site right now. They know who you are!

Aha! I've been aware of Iron Sky for a while now, and I'm glad it's finally finished!

It's a dark comedy film made by some delightful Finnish fellows, and it definitely makes no attempts at historical accuracy. That said, it's more historically accurate than most alternate history that concerns the Nazis, anti-gravity technology notwithstanding.

Aha! I've been aware of Iron Sky for a while now, and I'm glad it's finally finished!

It's a dark comedy film made by some delightful Finnish fellows, and it definitely makes no attempts at historical accuracy. That said, it's more historically accurate than most alternate history that concerns the Nazis, anti-gravity technology notwithstanding.

I was actually bitterly disappointed to discover "Iron Sky" was a comedy. The first clip I saw months ago gave no hint to this. I thought it was going to be a hard science fiction alternate history story, and was really looking forward to it. Once I saw some "Funny" clips from the movie, you now couldn't pay me to see it. They decided to throw in a Sarah Palen looking American president, who declares "Any president that starts a war gets a second term!" Then, for reasons that escape me, when the people in some kind of war situation room find out that the THOUSANDS of ships headed for Earth are piloted by Nazis, they all laugh their asses off. Why would anyone find the prospect of WWII era Nazis, with their insane xenophobic mindset, piloting advanced space-faring armed ships to be funny? If this somehow happened in real life, grown men would be sobbing in absolute terror. Every missile and warhead would be armed and aimed at the heavens. People world wide would unite in praying that every ship would be vaporized before it reached Earth. Laughing most certainly wouldn't be the proper reaction! Try this. Go find an elderly Jewish person. As him if this would be funny.

• Brohoof 1

Why would anyone find the prospect of WWII era Nazis, with their insane xenophobic mindset, piloting advanced space-faring armed ships to be funny?

Maybe they were so afraid of the prospect that they tried to decline it by laughing it off?

But I do agree, this shouldn't be a comedy.