Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 4 Villian wish list.

Pinkie4eeeever

@ Blue Moon -

You say, "If Discord and Queen Chrysalis got married and had a baby, that character would be the child. What would that even look like?"

I say, "Mr. Potato Head."

Perhaps something like this would be a good picture to describe what the child of Discord and Queen Chrysalis would look like.

post-13690-0-87745300-1374068767_thumb.png

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

What if, and I'm just suggesting, Sombra's horn fell somewhere and proceeded to turn the environment into the darkish evil version (like it did in the crystal empire) and hmm i don't know.... CELESTIA! came in contact with it then she turned evil. Someone with proper writing skills could make it happen. 

^_^

Edited by Bucky_McGillycuddy
  • Brohoof 3

What if, and I'm just suggesting, Sombra's horn fell somewhere and proceeded to turn the environment into the darkish evil version (like it did in the crystal empire) and hmm i don't know.... CELESTIA! came in contact with it then she turned evil. Someone with proper writing skills could make it happen. 

^_^

Actually I would love to have Sombra's horn corrupt somepony. if it was Celestia then it would be perfect. I would love to see how would Twilight react

How about a Legion of Doom sort of thing between Trixie, Blueblood, Flim and Flam, Gilda, Garble and two newer characters. Think about it. Trixie assembles almost every one-off who'd have a grudge against the gang.She blackmails a reluctant Flim and Flam into joining while Blueblood joins because he hates Rarity (for that reason you suck speech) AND is smitten with Trixie and Gilda works well enough with her anyway. They could be portrayed as truly villainous, pulling off multiple felonies to wear down the mane seven, perhaps bombings in Cloudsdale, a bank robbery in Canterlot (for which Rarity is framed), among other things.

• Brohoof 2

I want a character named Cimmerean. The name is Cimmerean because it is a synonim to darkness, hence the name. He might be a pony or a god depending on what you want from darkness. Who wants in :3?

I still have this idea floating in my head (I probably should write my own fanfic for it, though I'm sure I'm not the first to think of it):

• Celestia employs Discord to engage in peace talks with Chrysalis.  Princess Twilight goes along to oversee things.
  • Chrysalis and Discord start the talks, but Discord unexpectedly sides with Chrysalis and vows allegiance as she forms a plan to attack Canterlot again.
  • Twilight, alarmed by this development, sends a message to Celestia, but it's not clear if the message makes it in time.  Meanwhile, she's really angry at having been betrayed, perhaps feeling betrayed by Celestia as well as by Discord.
  • The attack on Canterlot begins and it looks like all is lost.  Celestia and Luna appear to have fleed.
  • Then Discord reveals that the Canterlot Chrysalis has been attacking is just an illusion.  He magically switches off the illusion to reveal that Chrysalis and her minions have fallen into a trap of his making.  Everyone is astonished.
  • Discord explains to Twilight and Celestia that he had some "unfinished business" with Chrysalis, but doesn't necessarily go into detail.

My thought is that this would be a great way to bring Chrysalis back, follow up on Discord's redemption, and test Twilight's ability to trust Discord after his reformation. :)

• Brohoof 1

How about a Legion of Doom sort of thing between Trixie, Blueblood, Flim and Flam, Gilda, Garble and two newer characters. Think about it. Trixie assembles almost every one-off who'd have a grudge against the gang.She blackmails a reluctant Flim and Flam into joining while Blueblood joins because he hates Rarity (for that reason you suck speech) AND is smitten with Trixie and Gilda works well enough with her anyway. They could be portrayed as truly villainous, pulling off multiple felonies to wear down the mane seven, perhaps bombings in Cloudsdale, a bank robbery in Canterlot (for which Rarity is framed), among other things.

I love that idea!

Show some more evil in the characters who appeared for only one episode!!

196640__safe_pinkie-pie_animated_spike-a-They'll wear these mustaches!

Haha!

If it is one we've seen, I think It will likely be the return of Discord. But I think new villain is likely. I would prefer it if Discord reappered myself.

(TI think he is most likely, because he is the only villain that hasn't reoccured, in some fashion, other than Chrysalis)

If it is one we've seen, I think It will likely be the return of Discord. But I think new villain is likely. I would prefer it if Discord reappered myself.

(TI think he is most likely, because he is the only villain that hasn't reoccured, in some fashion, other than Chrysalis)

You must have missed "Keep Calm and Flutter On". Fluttershy outsmarted him at his own game in that episode. WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE ELEMENTS. 

You must have missed "Keep Calm and Flutter On". Fluttershy outsmarted him at his own game in that episode. WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE ELEMENTS. 

Whoops. I shouldn't have posted that. I haven't gotten that far yet. My mistake. I thought that he wouldn't reoccur, from what I had seen.

I love that idea!

Show some more evil in the characters who appeared for only one episode!!

img-1661914-1-196640__safe_pinkie-pie_an-They'll wear these mustaches!

Haha!

Yeah I figure that Trixie as the leader (with shades of Prof. Moriarty) would be the element of sorcery. Blueblood would be the element of selfishness.  Flim and Flam would be the element of duplicity. Gilda would be the element of treachery, the new additions would be the elements of spite and malice and Garble represents peer pressure vs Spike's free will. Blueblood would develop a relationship with Trixie that darkly mirrors Spike and Rarity's hinted at relationship. Whereas Spike and Rarity are equal partners, Blueblood is ultimately Trixie's flunkey. Trixie would also taunt Twilight and the gang with riddles containing clues to identities of her co-conspirators: "I'd be a lyin' if I said this wasn't my way of giving you the bird." To add more power to the story the CMC could be kidnapped. With Scootaloo being kept in a building in Cloudsdale containing a bomb. In fact the bombs should be placed throughout Cloudsdale, Canterlot and Ponyville so that Twilight, Rainbow and Fluttershy will have a harder time deactivating them. It could be a two part episode and in the climax of part one, Trixie could be confronted by Twilight at the falls behind Celestia's castle where she is revealed to have enhanced her abilities with a pair of cybernetic wings that she built from specs stolen from a lab in Whinnypeg. Part two could begin with Twilight and Trixie both falling to their deaths in the struggle. Later while the gang is trying to adjust to life without her, a mysterious eldery book peddler appears at either the library or the boutique depending on whether Spike stayed in the library or moved in with Rarity so they could comfort each other. Spike invites in the mysterious old mare who as soon as he turns his back is revealed to be Twilight, alive and well. Perhaps Blueblood escaped from police custody after hearing about Trixie's fall and was hunting Twilight for revenge. So in order to protect her friends Twilight had to let them think she was dead, confiding only in Celestia and Shining Armor.

Comical highlights could include:

Trixie reprimanding Gilda for doing something stupid ala Siegfried from Get Smart:

"Gilda, this is the elements of disharmony! We don't (X) here! 

• Brohoof 1

@@8ballgremlin,

Er, just out of curiosity, why would anyone think Rarity robbed a bank? Why would anyone even suspect her? I mean, she can find gems at-will, and theoretically have near-infinite riches.

For something in a safety deposit box of course. Let's say that Trixie planted evidence that Rarity was a hack and that her designs were copied from someone else. It doesn't matter that our seven teenage heroes know that that evidence is fake. It only matters that the police don't. Clearing up the matter will take hours maybe days leaving Trixie and her lackeys free to move on to the next phase of her plan.

• Brohoof 1

@@8ballgremlin,

Okay, not meaning to especially pick on you, but some of the characters you listed, in fact, almost all of them, aren't evil, they simply aren't friendly.

I mean, Chrysalis is evil. Nightmare Moon is evil. Trixie? Gilda? The Flim/Flam brothers? Prince Blueblood? Despite not being the best role models for foals and fillies around the world, they aren't trying to conquer Equestria or anything.

@@8ballgremlin,

Okay, not meaning to especially pick on you, but some of the characters you listed, in fact, almost all of them, aren't evil, they simply aren't friendly.

I mean, Chrysalis is evil. Nightmare Moon is evil. Trixie? Gilda? The Flim/Flam brothers? Prince Blueblood? Despite not being the best role models for foals and fillies around the world, they aren't trying to conquer Equestria or anything.

That's what would make it interesting. They would be targeting the gang specifically. It's already clear that Trixie doesn't care who gets hurt as long as she can make Twilight suffer and that Gilda has no loyalty other than to herself. I already said that I'd see Blueblood as a member simply to be around Trixie. Equestria will burn in their wake only until Twilight and Friends are found dead in the rubble. Also I don't see Flim and Flam being members of Elements of disharmony willingly. They'd have been blackmailed into being members. They'd turn Court's evidence on the others for a much lighter sentence.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah I figure that Trixie as the leader (with shades of Prof. Moriarty) would be the element of sorcery. Blueblood would be the element of selfishness.  Flim and Flam would be the element of duplicity. Gilda would be the element of treachery, the new additions would be the elements of spite and malice and Garble represents peer pressure vs Spike's free will. Blueblood would develop a relationship with Trixie that darkly mirrors Spike and Rarity's hinted at relationship. Whereas Spike and Rarity are equal partners, Blueblood is ultimately Trixie's flunkey. Trixie would also taunt Twilight and the gang with riddles containing clues to identities of her co-conspirators: "I'd be a lyin' if I said this wasn't my way of giving you the bird." To add more power to the story the CMC could be kidnapped. With Scootaloo being kept in a building in Cloudsdale containing a bomb. In fact the bombs should be placed throughout Cloudsdale, Canterlot and Ponyville so that Twilight, Rainbow and Fluttershy will have a harder time deactivating them. It could be a two part episode and in the climax of part one, Trixie could be confronted by Twilight at the falls behind Celestia's castle where she is revealed to have enhanced her abilities with a pair of cybernetic wings that she built from specs stolen from a lab in Whinnypeg. Part two could begin with Twilight and Trixie both falling to their deaths in the struggle. Later while the gang is trying to adjust to life without her, a mysterious eldery book peddler appears at either the library or the boutique depending on whether Spike stayed in the library or moved in with Rarity so they could comfort each other. Spike invites in the mysterious old mare who as soon as he turns his back is revealed to be Twilight, alive and well. Perhaps Blueblood escaped from police custody after hearing about Trixie's fall and was hunting Twilight for revenge. So in order to protect her friends Twilight had to let them think she was dead, confiding only in Celestia and Shining Armor.

Comical highlights could include:

Trixie reprimanding Gilda for doing something stupid ala Siegfried from Get Smart:

"Gilda, this is the elements of disharmony! We don't (X) here! 

That's quite a story ya got there! 

A little dark though,but definitely something i would love to see!

@@8ballgremlin,

No offense,but do we really need another evil villain that wants to conquer Equestria?

Why not just villains that want nothing more than vengeance on the mane 6?

(edited)

I'm not too sure if this would be a good villain idea, but here it is:

I'm hoping for a villain who knows the Mane 6's every move and they will be forced to outsmart them.

Edited by Minty Wintergreen
  • Brohoof 3

@,

I wasn't suggesting that there be more villains attempting to conquer Equestria. What I was saying was that his particular scenario didn't really seem to work for me because the villains he stated should form a conspiracy weren't evil.

@,

I wasn't suggesting that there be more villains attempting to conquer Equestria. What I was saying was that his particular scenario didn't really seem to work for me because the villains he stated should form a conspiracy weren't evil.

They weren't evil,but they do have a reason to hate the mane 6!

Vengeance,that is what they seek,just like i seek the holy grail!

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion, all of the major villains that have appeared so far in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic are antitheses of certain characters. I didn't come up with this idea myself - I'm pretty sure I got it from @~Chaotic Discord~, unless I'm thinking of someone else. I go into detail about which characters I think the villains are antitheses of here: http://mlpforums.com/topic/67338-what-if-twilight-sparkle-was-bad-evil/#entry1691128

I hope that the writers continue to expand upon this theme, by designing new villains that are antitheses to each of the remaining mane 6 in turn. It would also be interesting to see a villain that was an antithesis of Prince Shining Armor, as well as a villain that was an antithesis of Zecora. 

Of course, all of those villains could not be fit into a single season. So, if the writers choose to keep in pattern with previous seasons, they would be introduced one or two at a time each season.

• Brohoof 2

Get this STARSWIRL THE BEARDED!! Somebody mentioned this in a Youtube video and I thought it was brilliant. Highly unlikely but could happen. Maybe Twilight will have to get in a battle with the guy who was like her role model besides Celestia.

Either that or something non pony would be interesting. Something worse than the changelings and dragons. A TERRIBLE DANGER!!

• Brohoof 2

A good villian must have subtlety, an aura of menace, and a good evil laugh. Get these down and you could have something wicked. For a season 4 villian, I would like to see, something like hate encarnate, or maybe doing something on the lines of that nightmarity thing. That looked interesting.

• Brohoof 1

Keep in mind that the show's staff does need to put some limits on the complexity and darkness of their villains.  They want to have challenges for the Mane 6 to overcome.  They don't want to scare their target audience to death.

Also, I think one of the comments made in the Elements of Harmony book makes a lot of sense: Nightmare Moon was originally going to be called Discord, but they decided against that for the first season because they were afraid kids wouldn't understand what that word meant.  It's just one of the (I'm sure) many things they have to take into consideration when designing a villain that kids can understand well enough without being too intimidated.

• 3 weeks later...

How about a "Weekend at Discord's" episode? Think about it, it could tie into Fluttershy's eventual coronation. Here's how it could work: Twilight is working on a formula that could turn Discord's good and evil halves into separate entities, unfortunately she leaves the CMC in charge of guarding the formula since Spike is on vacation. Sweetie tries to practice magic but fails miserably and somehow accidentally kills Discord causing the gang to have to pretend he's still alive in order to pass a test from Celestia.