Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 4 Villian wish list.

Pinkie4eeeever

Usually when a new season starts there is a double episode with a villain, a tradition which I hope the writers will keep to in season 4. 

I am a big fan of villains in mlp and these are a few hopes I have for the new villain. 

• A non pony. The big time villains have all been ponies or had some pony qualities to them even Discord who had a pony-ish head. There have been so many minor non pony villains like griffons, dragons and minotaurs (not really a villain, I know) but I think it's time a different species stepped up to the plate. I like the idea of a snake but that's just me.
  • Multiple villains. So far the villains have been solo acts or had minions with no personalities. It would be a nice change if there was duo or some sort of team.
  • A villain comeback would be good like Chrysalis and Sombra.
  • A story about the alicorn amulet. Where did it come from? Who made it? Will that alicorn comeback now that there is a new alicorn in town?
  • Most of all there should be a longer battle between the good guys and the bad guys. Come on! The previous bad guys went down too quick for my taste.

Obviously I am not expecting all of these to come true but I hope one will happen. What do you all think?

What are you looking for in the season 4 villain?      

• Brohoof 8

How's this for an opener?

The Mane 6 are tasked by Celestia to retrieve a rogue member of the Royal Guard. In order to retrieve the Guard, they must make a dangerous trip down a jungle river, a trip during which the worst aspects of pony-nature come to light. Eventually they find the dude, but one of them loses it and goes rogue like him. The title could be "Apocalypse How" or "Crystal Heart of Darkness".

I think it'd be great. Maybe Martin Sheen could make a guest appearance, too.

• Brohoof 2

as far as long battles, they only have 40 minutes to work with for the entire story so i doubt that will happen. i feel like it will be a new villain, although i too would appreciate a comeback.

(edited)

Hm I would love to see "the smooze" return from gen 1

img-1482819-1-My%20little%20pony%20smooz

Seriously though, I would also like to see something non-pony. I think if there comes another creature it'll be much cooler since neither we or the ponies will know what to do.

That's why I like the episode with the parasprites

edit

I don't want more villains

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 6

Meeh.

The writers will make something pop-up from nothing. And ofcourse they will go with the good old story

"He's/She's been gone for over 1000 years!" "Now he/She back and im to dumb to do it myself, so Twilight, you do it. kbai"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

1. A villain from Celestia's past that comes back to truly haunt her; somepony who represents one of her greatest failures

When you really look at all the major villains, all the major villains have been a result of Celestia not being able to come up with a long term solution for their imprisonment or whatever. Except for Chrysalis, but my head canon actually says that she is still indirectly involved with her.

But there needs to be a bad guy, whether it be a former student gone mental or a past love seeking vengeance or anything at all, who's creation is Celestia's fault or makes her question her ability as a ruler and all the hard decisions she has made.

Basically, make it personal.

2. We've had our Jafars and our Ursulas, but I now I want a Frollo. Okay, not as dark as Frollo, but a character who makes up for a lack of earth shattering magical powers with a silver tongue, intellect, and treachery.

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 7

How about this one:

- opener: old villian/generic new villian appears

- new good guy is introduced

- helps mane 6 to defeat the villian

- reappears in several episodes during the season, becomes new major character

- finale: turns out to be backstabbing evil guy, worse than the villiian in opener

- cliffhanger for season 5 

• Brohoof 4

How about this one:

- opener: old villian/generic new villian appears

- new good guy is introduced

- helps mane 6 to defeat the villian

- reappears in several episodes during the season, becomes new major character

- finale: turns out to be backstabbing evil guy, worse than the villiian in opener

- cliffhanger for season 5 

sunset_shimmer_by_karzahnii-d653kxf.png

Just sayin...

Also, I would like a dragon king. The one that all the other dragons fear because he's a badass. Hates ponies. Makes Smaug look like Pete's Dragon.

Make him Spike's long lost father for shits and giggles.

• Brohoof 2

sunset_shimmer_by_karzahnii-d653kxf.png

Just sayin...

Also, I would like a dragon king. The one that all the other dragons fear because he's a badass. Hates ponies. Makes Smaug look like Pete's Dragon.

Make him Spike's long lost father for shits and giggles.

Something tells me, that she is presented as, and will be the only villian in the movie. And it's just the movie.

I like your Spike's-dad-idea. Sure has potential.

(edited)

If we're talking about hopes that will never happen, how about an episode or two about Equestria 1000 years ago where we see what happened when Discord, Nightmare Moon, and Sombra were around?

Edited by Sky Chaser

I agree that a villian from deep within celestias past would be cool and provide a good plot element. Maybe having the villian and celestia use to be friends (but stay away from the nightmare moon scenario).

...Also, I would like a dragon king. The one that all the other dragons fear because he's a badass. Hates ponies. Makes Smaug look like Pete's Dragon...

Love this idea!

1. A corrupted Celestia, complete with fiery mane and a Sun-based name like Solar Flare or something. Yeah, I'm not good with names.

2. A villain that has some sort of backstory that doesn't involve them being 1000 years old.

3. The return of any villain, major or minor.

Dragon King is a good idea, by the way.

• Brohoof 1

One of my favorite things about Season 3 was the writers' brilliant usage of foils. The Pinkie clones' flatness was used to highlight Pinkie's depth and Lightning Dust's self-centeredness was used to reveal Rainbow Dash's loyalty. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing more of this. The best candidate would probably be Twilight. Have someone who is interested in knowledge, is completely brilliant, and could watch the world burn for all they care. I would like to see villains who are connected to traits of our heroes, and are more of the mental, scheming variety than the OP magic, the world is mine variety. We need someone like Littlefinger from ASoIaF. 

• Brohoof 2

I would like to see Gilda make a return, personally. I know she's not really a villain, but I'd love to see how they could develop her character more. Queen Chrysalis has a lot of potential in her character, too, and I'd love to see some backstory on that alicorn amulet...

I would like to see Chrysalis and Sombra both return. Sombra had potential, but needed more character development. Some new villians would be nice too! Maybe a new evil alicorn?

A recurring villain. Not monster-of-the-week fodder (with flexible definitions of "monster") 0.jpg

But some kind of pony that isn't fully antagonistic, just, hamper-some on a more frequent basis than one-off.

Think Diamond Tiara scaled up to being able to frustrate (but not bully--usually) all of the Mane characters.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I am thinking that the season 4 villain will most likely be a female villain, since we get female then male then female then male, so female is seemingly next.

Edited by JTP
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Maybe there would be some villan that is an evil version of Celestia but a non-pony one after something happened and the Elements of Disharmony or whatever is created, with ponies representing an element of disharmony. There would be this war with corrupted innocent ponies fighting against Equestria and the unaffected ponies fighting for Equestria.

After they all are worn out, the Disharmony fellows betray each other doing what their Disharmony element says, for example, the one using the Element of Greed will steal from their fellows for their own benefit. The ones wielding these elements divide and make their own empire after a dispute, as well as the evil version of Celestia too, and they soon destroy each other over division.

After all this, Equestria is restored when Celestia then goes and reclaims the lands they had, with a giant boom after the mane 6 used by using the Elements of Harmony, restoring the corrupted ponies into their normal state.

All of this happening in a maximum of 4 episodes.

Edited by ÷Zero

I want to see at least Chrysalis return again but, this time to trick the Mane 6 into believing that she has turned good. In an effort, to get revenge on the Mane 6 for defeating her servants. Sounds like a plan.

(edited)

Something a little different than the usual sort: perhaps a Knight Templar of some kind who legitimately wants to protect Equestria, but goes too far in the process.

Edited by Anti-Villain
  • Brohoof 3

Usually when a new season starts there is a double episode with a villain, a tradition which I hope the writers will keep to in season 4. 

I am a big fan of villains in mlp and these are a few hopes I have for the new villain. 

• A non pony. The big time villains have all been ponies or had some pony qualities to them even Discord who had a pony-ish head. There have been so many minor non pony villains like griffons, dragons and minotaurs (not really a villain, I know) but I think it's time a different species stepped up to the plate. I like the idea of a snake but that's just me.
  • Multiple villains. So far the villains have been solo acts or had minions with no personalities. It would be a nice change if there was duo or some sort of team.
  • A villain comeback would be good like Chrysalis and Sombra.
  • A story about the alicorn amulet. Where did it come from? Who made it? Will that alicorn comeback now that there is a new alicorn in town?
  • Most of all there should be a longer battle between the good guys and the bad guys. Come on! The previous bad guys went down too quick for my taste.

Obviously I am not expecting all of these to come true but I hope one will happen. What do you all think?

What are you looking for in the season 4 villain?      

I agree with all this. Chrysalis was the ultimate enemy in every way. Strong enough to beat Princess Celestia, Fed off of Love. She was evil incarnate. She's definitely one of the villains who needs to make a comeback. My favorite is still Nightmare Moon though. She was just so stylish...I loved her design. I also really liked her personality as a villain.