Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 10

Happy Heart

4 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

I’ve posted this before, but Ducktales reboot had an episode of kelpies who are obvious parodies of pastel horses........ and voiced by actual pastel horses on top of that :ticking: :yay:

I love that show. X3 I wonder how MLP will handle the Kelpies in terms of lore, and their history with Zecora. I WONDER! Does Silverstream know any Kelpies?

• Brohoof 1

33 minutes ago, Darkness Void said:

I love that show. X3 I wonder how MLP will handle the Kelpies in terms of lore, and their history with Zecora. I WONDER! Does Silverstream know any Kelpies?

Doubt she knows any. Kelpies are river creatures by mythology as far as I know. And about lore, I think one of the writers mentioned they can control the water and it’s temperature. That why one of them seems frozen, it’s her special talent. They also have butt tats

Edited by Steve Piranha

• 2 weeks later...

Eh, I'm not really crazy about it. I kinda wanted the comics to explore the lore inside of Equestria. From what I've seen, the comics will primarily just be the exploration of random locations outside of Equestria. But I can't do anything about it so, oh well. Guess my desire for pony lore and Equestrian cities will have to wait.

On the specific comic itself, it was...okay I guess. Nothing really impressed me all that much and it definitely had a different feel from the show. I'm not the most interested in our main group of characters, so that doesn't help. And the Zebralands are confusing. I was expecting zebras, not kelpies and whatever those other creatures were. Kinda weird (Let's hope the kelpies don't try to drown our mane cast).

Even though I'm not the most excited, I'm still going to read the s10 comics. As I said in another comment, maybe they will surprise me.

On 8/13/2020 at 1:17 PM, Darkness Void said:

So far it's a good start. I am also hoping that they pick up so many loose ends to make the final far more easier to swallow, but for the now I'm really curious as to why Zecora is so unsettled about her old friends. What happened when they were kids? Further more, Kelpies.....

KELPIE. K.E.L.P.I.E  Isn't that the mythical creature that drags people to a watery grave? Celestia and Luna they are getting quite brave. Good thing they had a few good laughs with Rockhoof and Temptest.

Hide contents

"Why cower in the storm, when you can fight it!?"

I love those kelpies, but the situation with those water horses is weird. First: there’s no kelpie or any similar African water horse myth as far as I know. Second, we already had a kelpie in the comics long before :mlp_icwudt:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/5/2021 at 11:39 PM, Steve Piranha said:

This ice sculpting horse is adorable :wub:

image.thumb.jpeg.7174258c516970b062a81a905b1864cf.jpeg

I'm just wondering what is in the mouth of the cute orange pegasus in the background ^_^. Regardless, she is also adorable ^^.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Happy Heart said:

Wow, they made it in G4 style. :kirin:

So did Nightmare Rarity, umbrum, Power Ponies (as in, the actual PP, not the Mane6 in costume :fluttershy:), anyone you can think of :mlp_icwudt:

edit: cute umbrum :wub:

image.png.6c35549e0fd559d4d2871ebccf208faa.png

granted, they are all recolors, but I take it :proud:

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 1

Gimme

Spoiler

Star Catcher from the Manga if they haven't already

Spoiler

And Transformers from the crossover comics

• Excited 1

• 2 years later...
(edited)
On 2020-08-13 at 2:22 PM, Happy Heart said:

(I'm curious about the abada; the two horned ponies found in Farasi. Can they use those for magical purposes, or are they just there for decoration?)

Abada horns don't seem particularly magical but Abada do seem to possess their own cutie-mark magic. I made homebrews for them for both Tails of Equestria and the My Little Pony Roleplaying Game. Here's the former version:

Typical Abada
Body: D6 Mind: D6 Charm: D6 Stamina: D12
Talents: Nimble (D6), Pick one appropriate Cutie Mark talent
Quirks: Choose one

Abada are intelligent creatures native to Farasi, the zebra lands far east of Equestria, across the Celestial Sea. They resemble tall, lean Unicorns with a curved horn on their foreheads and with a second horn on their muzzles. Colorful stripes mark their chests and upper legs while their tails resemble the tail of a donkey or boar. Abada have their own cutie-mark magic that gives them talents like great speed or the ability to communicate with plants.

Oh, and here are the Kelpies of Farasi: 

Typical Farasian Kelpie
Body: D6 Mind: D6 Charm: D6 Stamina: 12
Talents: Water Control (D6), Pick one appropriate Cutie Mark talent.
Quirk: Weakness: Electricity (D6) , Choose one

The Kelpies of Farasi look very much like Earth ponies made of water. As Zecora's old schoolteacher explained: "Kelpies have magic that allows them to manipulate water. They can control it with their minds, and can change their bodies from water to ice to steam". Electricity is harmful to Farasian Kelpies, but they also become weak if they are away from water for too long.

Edited by Otaku-sempai

(edited)
On 2020-08-14 at 1:01 PM, Steve Piranha said:

Which kelpies you prefer?

image.png.cb6c64cf35d486b7222ff5e62104d2a9.png

image.png.a4cf83a41a4dace84564512f0b910b64.png

I pic the latest literal water horses :mlp_icwudt:

Don't forget the Kelpies of Coltantis (FIM issue #24)!

external image

Edited by Otaku-sempai

11 hours ago, Otaku-sempai said:

Don't forget the Kelpies of Coltantis (FIM issue #24)!

external image

Woah, the comic writers were definitely dying for water horses to be canon :dash:. Between you and me, water horses finalized in S10 are my favor:proud:ite 

• Brohoof 1