NavelColt

107 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Now this is an excellent episode. Infact, i would even go so far to call it my favorite AJ Episode and maybe one of the most underrated episodes of the entire show.

During the entire episode, you can feel the struggling that AJ is going through, but is still to stubborn to accept help from Twilight. I can really see myself in this, because their was a time when i was too stubborn to accept help. I still kinda am, but it's not as bad as when i was like 16.

We also got our first glimpse of Roseluck, who after the "Lion King" Bunnys trembled over them screamed "the horror, the horror." Certainly a line that still gets repeated.

Applejack helping Rainbow Dash with her trick was also the funniest scene in the episode for me.

The end makes you feel good inside and that was the moment where i finally decided that i like the show.

It gets a big thumbs up from me.

• Brohoof 4

I really enjoyed this episode. I found the stampede with the rabbits funny and how AppleJack's personality shone through. I found that I was laughing all throughout this episode! Certainly one of my favourite episodes!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

AJ's so sleepy

Do the animated count sheep?

Ponies rule my dreams

Obligatory unnecessary reminiscing rambling for roleplay access, part 3/5

So. Big Mac. Few words. Huge impact.

It might be unhealthy or weird, but ever since that episode I find it difficult to say "yes" or "no". These two little buggers simply refuse to render as anything else than "ay-up" or "e-nope". Makes me smile every time too.

On an unrelated note, where's the "Audition included product placement" disclaimer in every episode of MLP? So many brands of juicy apples being advertised subliminally...

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

AJ's so sleepy

Do the animated count sheep?

Ponies rule my dreams

Obligatory unnecessary reminiscing rambling for roleplay access, part 3/5

So. Big Mac. Few words. Huge impact.

It might be unhealthy or weird, but ever since that episode I find it difficult to say "yes" or "no". These two little buggers simply refuse to render as anything else than "ay-up" or "e-nope". Makes me smile every time too.

On an unrelated note, where's the "Audition included product placement" disclaimer in every episode of MLP? So many brands of juicy apples being advertised subliminally...

I know. Love the episode and I get a craving for apples. In fact, I'm eating some right now. :smug:

All right, I watched Apple pony's episode and it was pretty darn good! This is easily the best episode so far and has some nice characterisation. I particularly liked quite a few things in this episode such as, but not limited to Applejack neighing in her sleep, that scene in which she drags the trophy through a silent crowd, and Derpy saying "muffins" in the background. The comedy was pretty fantastic!

I think I liked pretty much everything in this one and I'd certainly say it's the first great episode in the series!

Also, Spike ate garbage. Ew.

Favourite pony of the episode: Applejack

Total Derpy sightings: 15

Don't forget Pinkie in this! Slo-Mo and Barfy Pinkie are a hoot!

....and Applejack's *blecch* face.

Hmm, ok so we get an Aj focused episode huh? :yay: the episode where Applejack can't work so hard as it will kill her but Big Mac can't help, well all I say is well done Big Mac ... Way to let Applejack do all the dirty work ... Even if it almost killed her ... Meh

8/10

And yes this episode was written better then the former and gave us a lesson never to work as hard as Aj

Edited by C WubZ

Glad I saw people making this episode relevant again. Its awesome looking back at the past and seeing how far we've come, remember my first night of binge watching MLP. Apple Jack took my heart from the start. Every time I think of that day I get sense of anxious positive energy. Any ways, that aside, this epsiode I feel like was one of the most dynamic character sets of the entire animated series. This the character they introduce as Apple Jack, sticks to the role set for her since the beginning, giving her less dynamic development, but not only a device anchor, but plot shaper, based on how we know she is going to value her own integrity. God I love her, Apple Jack is my hero in every way possible. lol

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I found this one kind of annoying to watch, the way AJ refused to listen to anything was frustrating D: Not one of my favorite accounts.

• 1 month later...

That was a'lot of trees! And Applejack said she could handle it all on her own but it turns out you always need friends to help out! I would have just asked for help in the first place if I was Applejack.

Yeah. I would also do the same if I was Applejack.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay, so I disliked   :wat:  it but it wasn't because of the writing or that it "was a dud" or anything like that, but because it had a bunch of things I dislike personally in it.

Three of my main dislikes are injuries, the idea of being tired/not getting enough sleep, and getting sick from eating bad food, so yeah, it was a given that I'd hate that one. But for all you people who don't mind those three big pet peeves of mine, go ahead and like it.

:icwudt:

For me, this is the first real episode of the series. It is more character driven than plot driven. When introducing non-bronies to the show, this is my go-to episode. Humor, good lessons, and is early enough in the series to get a good feel for the show.

I just watched it and I loved it xD I didn't remember this one. I laughed with Tired apple jack scenes xD

Impresses me that big Mac talks A LOT in his first episode (I don't count the first one since it was just his family presentation). He has lots of sentences and not short ones. I love his voice so so much. For seasons we have him as not talkative pony as a recurring joke. But I think the writers should move on and made him talk again. We recently had some episodes where he talks a lot at least and that gave him more deep as his character. Let's see season 7 if he talks more too.

I didn't remember that the cows could talk too lmao. Glad they don't appear that much in the show, since I prefer they waste the slot for other species episodes with mitologic species instead cows and so. Also cows stampeeding like they were real world cows smh xD I wonder why in equestria some animals talk and some others don't.

The scene with the bunny stampede is super funny lmao I laughed. Them ponies acting super dramatic like it was the end of the world and being like dead at the floor just for some bunnies xD so good 

Also I like the detail of consistency making twilight asking why their family that appears in the first episode doesn't help AJ. most cartoons would just ignore that fact.

Then I love the friendship lesson so much: gotta forget your proud and let your friends help you when you need it. I have to listen to this friend lesson xD

Edited by Tropico

• 1 month later...

This was a IMPORTANT episode.

Because it lets us see AJ's personality flaw.

But.. it was also the first Meh. Episode for me. Like I don't hate when it comes on. But I don't go out of my way to watch it.

3 out of 5. (On a pony scale) Which is still like 8 out of 10 on normal cartoon scale.

• 2 months later...

Well, this is a fun episode.

One of the parts in the episode that I think it's funny was when Applejack tried to help Pinkie Pie with muffins and they ended up with 'baked bads'. It kind of reminds me of a scene in a Drake and Josh episode with a similar mishap.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

When I first got into the show and binge watched the first ten episodes, this was instantly one of my favorite episodes. It also helped me choose my favorite pony from the mane six, Applejack, and even got me to love the entire family at Sweet Apple Acres! :smug: