54 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

(edited)

I actually really like this episode, sure babs got scotch free and should've got some punishment, but otherwise it was really enjoyable. The reason she started bullying was actually a common reason for bullying(I know a few from my childhood that bullied others because of a very similar reason) and made sense. Some parts didn't make sense(like the bullies taking over the club house) but what they got right was really good. 9\10.

The song was amazing, the best one in season 3 and one of the best in the show. Cinemas in equestria confirmed here to.   

Edited by Rushing cash

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • The topic was pinned
  • 3 months later...

Uh... what was this one?  What episode was this?  What happened?  Oh... yeah... right.  Babs Seed.  This episode was so forgettable I didn't even remember that I forgot it.  It's so meh that the neutral planet from Futurama would be put to sleep.

So, if I recall correctly, Babs was an a**hole, but then turned nice at the end, right?  The ol' switcheroo?  I know I'm a bad person, but I just hate bullies so much that I don't forgive characters like this very easily.  I think if I was one of the CMC at the end, I'da just told Babs to f*ck off.

• 5 months later...

I watched this one when it first came out. Utter classic, the song is extremely catchy and is an easy earworm for me. I love the interactions in this and the lessons learned. Babs seed is pretty cute.

Honestly, the only good thing I like from this episode besides Sweetie Belle's one liners, was the song. I thought it was decently catchy. Everything else was a complete trainwreck.

• 5 months later...

Screw it, I'll be a bit of a contrarian here - I actually like this one. Plot isn't great sure, but Babs Seed (the song), the gags and a couple of key moments were honestly more than enough for me to enjoy this one. 

• 3 months later...

Sorry guys, but I really like this episode. :p

Firstly, "Babs Seed" is great. One of my favourite songs from the show actually. Love the animation that goes with it as well.

Babs Seed herself is an interesting character in the aspect that yes, a fair amount of bullies have been bullied or experience some sort of discontent with their life. I think that was a pretty good foundation. I don't think the execution worked 100%. The fact that she sides with Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon in fear of being picked on was great, but the one thing that did not jive with me was the moral was kinda backwards. Of course the CMCs did cross a line, but it isn't wrong for them to defend themselves from a bully, even if Babs did turn good in the end.

I did enjoy a lot of moments here. The CMCs plotting to get back at Babs was actually quite enjoyable to watch unfold. My favourite part was when they were doing the evil hand rub. That made me laugh. :p

This episode does have a couple of issues, but I can't help but love it. :)

Edited by Cash In

• 1 year later...

Love this episode, it never died for me over the years and the Babs Seed song is the most addictive song for me in the entire MLP fandom. Her backstory gives good motivation for why she did what she did. The CMC plotting against Babs was enjoyable, I can't help but wonder what would have happened if Babs was in the float while it crashed.

• 1 month later...

Babs seed, Babs seed / What we gonna do? / Got a bully on our tail / Gotta hide, we gotta bail / Babs seed, Babs seed / If she's after you, you gotta run / We gotta flee, gotta hurry don't you see / Babs seed, Babs seed / She's just a bad, bad seed.

Another bully episode, but this time coming from inside the Extended Apple Family, what a twist. Babs was a really effective bully type, with the classical motivation of being bullied herself back home. It shows that, sometimes, bad people are bad only because they want to shield themselves from the very thing they submit other to. Those people can be swayed to the right path by being shown kindness, much like the CMCs will do with Diamond Tiara later on (their personal Nemesis)

This is a really good CMC episode, cute, with a good message, some new Apple Family members, DT still being a brat and a catchy song.

8.5+05/10, Babs seed, Babs seed / She's not that bad a seed !

• 5 months later...

🎶 Babs seed, Babs seed, what we gonna do? 🎶

This episode rocked harder than Boulder! I loved the song, but I do agree the ending was a little... unrealistic? Then again this is cartoon pastel ponies, everything is unrealistic.

🎶 Got a bully on our tail, gotta hide, we gotta bail! 🎶

Edited by Sunny_Skyes
  • Brohoof 1