54 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

• 2 weeks later...

This is my favorite episode dat song sooo catchy.

I belive babs needs more time in A-F-R.

The moment in that episode that made me dissapoint was that we didn't learn the names of the blank flanks in manehattan.

• 2 weeks later...

I never had a problem with bullying episodes, though they irked me. Having been bullied in the past, the way the story progressed seemed a little...odd? Maybe its because no one really cared when I told them or it actually escalated when I told an adult, but the whole "tell the adult" cliche really got to me. I don't think kids would normally not tell. I'm sure they told and were ignored. That's just me probably. I would have liked it if they told the adult, but the adult can't really do much and they had to resolve it themselves through other means.

I thought this was one of my favorite episodes since I really did love the song, the cmc, and the choreography, but looking back, it sort of made me mad to a point.

1. Why were Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon bullied on their own land, in their own barn, and in the vicinity of any Apple Family? 
  2. They never showed she WAS a bullied filly until Apple Jack stated it.
  3. No punishment for Babs Seed. They weren't the bullies. Snapping at the fact they were bullied and doing something stupid to the point where they could have hurt Babs was completely uncalled for, but that is not the same as being the bully. NOT the same. Stupid, perhaps, but that's not being a bully.
  4. No other actual bully event was shown, no real Babs back story, still more than Scootaloo's, but they never handled that. 

Maybe its because I like nit picking bullying episodes since most are really not that great, but I thought honestly they were trying their hardest to make it feel....cliche? On their level? I thought Show Stoppers  had placed them in a kid situation, But:The anime tip off, fairy tale rip off, star wars comments, etc. were funny.

• Brohoof 1

I got the same feelings as you, to an extent.

The CMC were bullied. When the episode ended, and Babs apologize, that just didn't cut it for me. They don't care one bit that Babs:

Took over their treehouse...

Ruined the float they've worked on for a long time...

Called them crybabies...

Making a brand new spectacular float overnight FOR Babs which ultimately got destroyed...

And just being a complete douche the whole time.

They made up because they felt the guilt trip when Applejack said that she constantly got bullied in Manehatten. For Babs, that's no excuse to just bully others because you were bullied. I know the CMC are smart enough to see that, and you wold think they would say something like that, but instead, it's just: "Nah, it's fine."

• Brohoof 1

I never had a problem with bullying episodes, though they irked me. Having been bullied in the past, the way the story progressed seemed a little...odd? Maybe its because no one really cared when I told them or it actually escalated when I told an adult, but the whole "tell the adult" cliche really got to me. I don't think kids would normally not tell. I'm sure they told and were ignored. That's just me probably. I would have liked it if they told the adult, but the adult can't really do much and they had to resolve it themselves through other means.

I thought this was one of my favorite episodes since I really did love the song, the cmc, and the choreography, but looking back, it sort of made me mad to a point.

1. Why were Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon bullied on their own land, in their own barn, and in the vicinity of any Apple Family? 
  2. They never showed she WAS a bullied filly until Apple Jack stated it.
  3. No punishment for Babs Seed. They weren't the bullies. Snapping at the fact they were bullied and doing something stupid to the point where they could have hurt Babs was completely uncalled for, but that is not the same as being the bully. NOT the same. Stupid, perhaps, but that's not being a bully.
  4. No other actual bully event was shown, no real Babs back story, still more than Scootaloo's, but they never handled that. 

Maybe its because I like nit picking bullying episodes since most are really not that great, but I thought honestly they were trying their hardest to make it feel....cliche? On their level? I thought Show Stoppers  had placed them in a kid situation, But:The anime tip off, fairy tale rip off, star wars comments, etc. were funny.

Hello :3 Great points you've brought up. I just want to let you know that, topics that are more or less talking about an episode overall, suffice as replies to the official episode topics found in the 'Season 1, Season 2, Season 3' subforums, instead of as separate topics in Show Discussion's main forum. I've merged your topic, 'One Bad Apple?' with One Bad Apple's official episode topic.

The CMC were bullied. When the episode ended, and Babs apologize, that just didn't cut it for me. They don't care one bit that Babs:

Called them crybabies...

Making a brand new spectacular float overnight FOR Babs which ultimately got destroyed...

They made up because they felt the guilt trip when Applejack said that she constantly got bullied in Manehatten. For Babs, that's no excuse to just bully others because you were bullied. I know the CMC are smart enough to see that, and you wold think they would say something like that, but instead, it's just: "Nah, it's fine."

I honestly thought they would take it a step further and show more of an aggressive approach, but not very aggressive. Enough to imply that she was picking on them physically and hurting them physically. Oddly, no one actually stated that tossing apples is considered worse then cutting the brakes since they would have probably ended up in the mud ANYWAYS. (They would have needed to slow down to make the turn, but they had no breaks, so the worst that would be done would have probably been the mud)

Something less extreme to this:

http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Bully-On-Our-Tail-346984939

Called them crybabies...

That is exactly how I felt about the episode. Babs should have not only apologized, but been punished. If I were one of the CMC, I wouldn't be that desperate to sacrifice myself and stop Babs from humiliation. In fact, I'd probably pull up a lawn chair and grab some popcorn.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

the whole "tell the adult" cliche really got to me. I don't think kids would normally not tell. I'm sure they told and were ignored. That's just me probably. I would have liked it if they told the adult, but the adult can't really do much and they had to resolve it themselves through other means.

there's really no situation where telling a responsible adult isn't a key step to solving the problem

yes, you can solve it on your own, and some adults are useless, true, but at the very least if things escalate you have it on record that it's been an on-going problem

example: the CMC don't stop the float and Babs is injured, when it's discovered that the CMC were responsible, they get in a lot of trouble which could've been mitigated if it was known Babs had been bullying them, even if Applejack didn't do anything

"why did this happen?" "because Babs was a bully" "why didn't you tell anyone?" even if it's just to cover your own ass, telling someone is always a good move

• Brohoof 3

there's really no situation where telling a responsible adult isn't a key step to solving the problem

yes, you can solve it on your own, and some adults are useless, true, but at the very least if things escalate you have it on record that it's been an on-going problem

example: the CMC don't stop the float and Babs is injured, when it's discovered that the CMC were responsible, they get in a lot of trouble which could've been mitigated if it was known Babs had been bullying them, even if Applejack didn't do anything

"why did this happen?" "because Babs was a bully" "why didn't you tell anyone?" even if it's just to cover your own ass, telling someone is always a good move

Of course. Then again, no one seems to think "what if I just lied and said I told xxxxxx" Then again, the float still would have crashed into the mud...and you would still think that some pony bright enough would think:

"Why is there a bed outside?" Also, the idiot ball around the adult ponies. You would think that Rarity, Apple Jack, Big Mac, hell, even Mr. and Mrs. Cake or Pinkie would realize at some point they are being bullied. 

Of course. Then again, no one seems to think "what if I just lied and said I told xxxxxx" Then again, the float still would have crashed into the mud...and you would still think that some pony bright enough would think:

"Why is there a bed outside?" Also, the idiot ball around the adult ponies. You would think that Rarity, Apple Jack, Big Mac, hell, even Mr. and Mrs. Cake or Pinkie would realize at some point they are being bullied. 

Even in real life, many parents and teachers may not realize that a child is being bullied unless it either happens right in front of them (which most bullies know to avoid) or they tell someone about it. "Don't tell anyone or I will hurt you more or get a reputation of a crybaby and a snitch", is page one in the bully handbook. Countering that is a good message for the episode to have.

By the way, not only bullies use the "it's our secret" trick. It's also something abusers use to ensure their victims don't do the sensible thing and tell someone what is happening. Again, "if something bad is happening, tell a responsible adult about it" is a good moral.

• Brohoof 2

• 5 weeks later...

Three major comments besides "I really liked this episode, its moral and the way it was carried out."

BABS MADE SWEETIE BELLE CRY! T^T (I don't dislike her, though. She has complexities that explain the events. Well done, team.)

Good song.

Wait. Did I really just see an elementary-aged pegasus create a road-safe, functioning parade float and totally get trolled out of a cutie mark? I did. REMARKABLE STUFF GOING ON. NOBODY TALKS ABOUT IT.

Edited by Tails_155

There were some funny moments - like with place where they do their roll call and when Scootaloo find pic spanner on her croup.

But, generally this episode wasnt light. There was traced something close to biblical motives in that situation with "potential transformation into a big bullies" - their understanding and desire to save her even at the cost to himself to take her fate.
So, It was realy nice moral lesson.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Annoyed me that they didnt tell applejack but being bullied myself I could understand why they wouldn't want to tell her, the whole stop bullying thing made a great episode and it also told kids if they do get bullied they shouldn't become the bully. Another great touch was the song, like most songs in the show it was exciting and I couldn't get the tune out my head. 

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn't expecting to like this episode as much as I did. What a pleasant surprise! The Paramore-esque musical number is catchy but even then, the episode is one of the darker and more serious ones. Bullying is always a huge problem.

It was a very wise plotting move to conceal the fact that Babs is a bullying victim until after the revenge scheme is underway. Based on the episode's pacing and first third, I *knew* something was going to happen, but I didn't quite predict it. So when it came out, I was a little startled.

I do agree that the episode's main problem is that Babs goes from villain-to-protagonist far too quickly. There should have been more scenes of Babs making amends for all the problems she caused, gradually showing that she's changed for the better.

RANDOM THOUGHT I HAD WHILE WATCHING THIS EPISODE: How on Earth are Apple Bloom and Babs Seed even cousins? What aunt/uncle of the Apple Family lives in Manehattan? Talk about "the apple falling far from the tree" (pun intended)...

RANDOM THOUGHT I HAD WHILE WATCHING THIS EPISODE: How on Earth are Apple Bloom and Babs Seed even cousins? What aunt/uncle of the Apple Family lives in Manehattan? Talk about "the apple falling far from the tree" (pun intended)...

It's possible that she is related to the Oranges, who were introduced as Applejack's aunt and uncle in Manehatten during the episode Cutie Mark Chronicles. If her aunt was an apple and married into the Orange family, it could explain how Babs is her cousin.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I liked this episode. Seeing as how I was Bullied alot when I was a kid, I could realte to both sides of this story. However Appleblossim's cousin was still in the wrong for what she did and what Appleblossim and her friends did was justified. But hats off to them for saving her. I would've let her suffer though. I give this ep a 4/5 for teachingus bullying is wrong and creates another cycle of bullying.