NavelColt

54 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Did anybody else feel like having a bunch of vegetables and fruits after watching this, or am I the only one that went to get a 'veggie salad!' after watching this? :lol: This episode was great though, nonetheless. Cutie Mark Crusaders, ho! Does anypony wish they would have an episode for the Manehattan branch of the Cutie Mark Crusaders? It would be pretty cool, don't you think? :wub:

P.S. That song was an instant favorite. More CMC songs please?

• Brohoof 2

I wondered if that was the case but I couldn't find anything concrete after a quick search.

By the way, that means you now have the daughter of Vegeta bullying the daughter of Goku (Claire Corlett).

... Wow, that just blew my mind.

People must go out and spread this interesting news to all of Bronydom! And whoever is a fan of that Dragonball Z show that ended like ten years ago.

God I can't tell you how much I loved this episode because I went through a phase like this in my life.

It was a new year in middle school and I was new, but some friends tried to make me as their friend. I went along with it, and it was nice, till a bully I met kept constantly making fun of those guys. I asked them about the bully and they said he's been bulling them for about a year but they just ignore it and go on with there lives

(I still admire them for their words of wisdom to this day).

But I had been bullied all through elementary school (mainly just due to the fact that my parents were going through a rough time and I couldn't get the nicest things in my life[yea even now I think its pretty rediculus])So In the end I ended up being a bully to my old friends due to the fear of re-livng the horror of being bullied again. (And still to this day I can not tell them how sorry I am to those guys for what I did)

Then a middle school dance came and I was voted for most awsome hair (my "Afro", I know XD). When I was going to get up to get the award a bucket of water was set to drop on me where the podium was, and where I was going to be. In the last second they told me before it happened and they didn't want to be bullies. I finally got the courage to tell them why I was so mean to them, They forgave me but it took some time before it was back to normal.

This episode has changed my favorite pony to Babs seed.

I mean she reflects my life as a child and showed one of my favorite life lessons as a child:

BULLING IS WRONG KIDS > :(

Also........

I can't be the only one that stopped the show to just listen to the song,

like about 7 or 9 times.

• Brohoof 6

It just seems to me that destroying the Cutie Mark Crusaders' float (and maybe other things like claiming their clubhouse which is on the Apples' property) would be reason enough to "tattle" without being picked on.

Hmm, yeah you're right about that. Maybe it was just for shocks? Or to show how extreme the CMC can take their fear of Babs Seed? I'm not sure, but I agree that it was a little silly.
  • Brohoof 1

Do you mean that she thought of Twilight as an appropriate adult to "tattle" to? I did think that was a little unusual, considering that Twilight is unrelated to the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

More that she was listing each of their "guardian figures", but apparently Scootaloo doesn't have one. But yeah, Twilight does seem a bit random on top of that, since they haven't really spent much time around her. Fluttershy would have been a bit more logical, since she's rescued them once before.

Also, brohoof to hawkflame. I hadn't noticed that Sweetie Belle was voiced by Goku's daughter. That is just too epic for words.

I really like how they're developing the characters, rather than having them locked at their original age. More Scootaloo fluttering, and Sweetie's making sparks! Interesting that Rarity and Sweetie's magic colors match their eyes, whereas Twilight and Shining Armor both have the same magic color, which doesn't match either of their eyes.

And I love how much they're listening to the fans this season. A whole episode dedicated to Scootaloo coming up! And with Rainbow Dash! :wub:

But before that is the Trixie episode, which was yet another Brony request. And that clip in the commercial with Celestia and those two horses may be in it. I love Twilight and Celestia's interactions, so that would be awesome... and maybe there will be story development related to Luna's book at the end of Crystal Empire, too.

I know we've already been getting an episode every week, and that should be enough, but... but...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUlUWfEHhbA

• Brohoof 2

I noticed :lol: According to Brian's wikipedia page, she is indeed his daughter.

I thought it was a decent episode. Stare Master is still by far my favorite CMC episode (unless Cutie Mark Chronicles counts), but definitely better than average for them.

The message was good, that bullying can be contagious, and that some bullies can still be redeemed. I disagree with those who said Babs needed some form of punishment. She picked on the CMC, and they still took the fall for her in the end. That shows some real character on their part, and is probably not something Babs will forget for a long time, if ever. Revenge may have stopped her from bullying again, but the way it turned out will most likely lead to her helping others, not just refraining from hurting them.

Did anyone else find it disturbing when Sweetie Belle said "We need to talk to Applejack! (others: no!) ...Rarity? (others: no!) ...Twilight?"

I thought maybe we'd finally get a mention of Scootaloo's parents or sibling or somepony. Is she really all alone in the world aside from her two friends?

Yeah I agree, it showed that the CMC is becoming more mature, along with all of the other signs like Sweetie belles sparking magic, and Scootaloo fluttered more,(Of course I don't think shes meant to fly ever but still shes better at fluttering :P) And then that act showed character. So yeah I liked the episode, but I'm sure that not everypony did, fine by me.

I'm hoping to see a mention of Scootaloo's parents in the Scootaloo episode thats airing this season. Or atleast maybe where she lives, but It may be unresolved even after that episode.

Still I'm just a curious as you :). But it might be kinda annoying if they just dropped bait for us by mentioning her parents, and never telling us anything about them.

I've been curious about scootaloo for a while, hopefully her episode will answer atleast some questions.

I have a question and a comment. What's the name of the accordian song that plays during the festival? It's the same one Pinkie Pie plays as a one pony band to lead the parasprites out of Ponyville. I thought it was a one shot song we'd never hear again, so I was pleasantly surprised. :)

My comment is that we still don't know what was used to power the floats. It could be an internal combustion engine, or they may be battery powered. Back around 1900 when the auto industry was in its infancy, there was a lot of experimentation with battery powered cars before gasoline engines emerged as the way to go. But for a relatively short, low speed trip, batteries could've been used to run the floats as well.

I have a question and a comment. What's the name of the accordian song that plays during the festival? It's the same one Pinkie Pie plays as a one pony band to lead the parasprites out of Ponyville. I thought it was a one shot song we'd never hear again, so I was pleasantly surprised. :)

My comment is that we still don't know what was used to power the floats. It could be an internal combustion engine, or they may be battery powered. Back around 1900 when the auto industry was in its infancy, there was a lot of experimentation with battery powered cars before gasoline engines emerged as the way to go. But for a relatively short, low speed trip, batteries could've been used to run the floats as well.

The song is Pinkies Parasprite Polka. Anyways, I never new there was experimentation with battery powered cars, I wonder how battery cars would have done

Any-pony else notice Dr. Whooves and Derpy together at the movies?

I snagged a pic for y'all

Sorry about the low quality...

Posted Image

There you have it!!!

I think it's official that they are going out...

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's actually Cloud Kicker next to Dr. Whooves. Here's a picture of her, and it is identical to the pony in the theater.

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/File:Cloud_Kicker_id.png

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's actually Cloud Kicker next to Dr. Whooves. Here's a picture of her, and it is identical to the pony in the theater. http://mlp.wikia.com...d_Kicker_id.png

:( But....but.....they look so similar...

Way to shoot me down;

Posted Image

lol

Oh well

They do look similar though...

Either way, Dr. Whooves is in there...

Maybe he's looking for Weeping pegasie or Cyber-ponies.

lol

I find CMC episodes kind of meh... and I don't this one was really any exception.

I think the lesson in this episode was wrong too. "She was bullied, then bullied us, and now we're the bullies" isn't right... they should have gone to an adult, but they weren't bullying, as much as standing up for themselves.

And even though I'm not much of a CMC fan, I did kind of fangasim when I saw Scootaloo fluttering off the ground! :D

I'll concede that Babs embraced her role a little too thoroughly for comfort and that more nuance in her portrayal such that there are hints she doesn't like what she doing without making it obvious on the first viewing would improve the episode. Still, she does appear to learn and grow as a pony by the episode's end and the CMC forgave her. In all likelyhood punishment would be counterproductive.

Edited by ByTheTides

Are Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon actually popular? They're snotty little bitches to be sure, but they don't seem to have any other friends.

I loved the song. It's so catchy. Plus Scootafloo!

/)(^3^)(\

• Brohoof 3

One Bad Apple: So Babs, It's Good!™

Setting aside the ridiculously catchy, impeccably-crafted song and delightful shout-out to cartoon musical interludes of the '60s and '70s, this episode pulled me in a lot of unexpected directions.

Even more unexpected is despite the similarities we might assume between One Bad Apple and Griffon the Brush Off, the two episodes covered much different ground and had very different endings.

Gilda, were you watching? :)

• Brohoof 3

One Bad Apple: So Babs, It's Good!™

Setting aside the ridiculously catchy, impeccably-crafted song and delightful shout-out to cartoon musical interludes of the '60s and '70s, this episode pulled me in a lot of unexpected directions.

Even more unexpected is despite the similarities we might assume between One Bad Apple and Griffon the Brush Off, the two episodes covered much different ground and had very different endings.

Gilda, were you watching? :)

Well, Babs and Gilda were actually complete opposites. Gilda was a natural bully who put up a good face around the only one she considered her friend, while Babs was actually a nice pony who put up a bully's facade to keep from being teased herself. Their motivations and actions are entirely different, so it's no real wonder that the episodes ended differently.
  • Brohoof 2

"Why does Life have to be so Ironic!"- Me when Bronystate was hacked, also, Sweetie BelleI loved the episode, it was lot better than most CMC episodes IMO, I like how it served as a life lesson for something many kids are suffering bout. It sorta reflects to my childhood.

^ I can't brohoof this comment enough. ^_^ My childhood, too, man. Makes me wish I had a couple of blank flank buddies back then. XD

I agree that this was one of the best Cutie Mark Crusader episodes, one notch above Show Stoppers me thinks. :) (Babs and that song might have had something to do that... :lol: ) And that lesson was awesome, a lot of kids need to realize bullying hurts their fellow grade-schoolers. :( 

Also... Veggie Salad.  :lol:

• Brohoof 3

A Birds-Eye View 

Well, Babs and Gilda were actually complete opposites. Gilda was a natural bully who put up a good face around the only one she considered her friend, while Babs was actually a nice pony who put up a bully's facade to keep from being teased herself. Their motivations and actions are entirely different, so it's no real wonder that the episodes ended differently.

Maybe they are, but we really don't know much about Gilda aside from the fact that she's a fine feathered jerk.We know she and Rainbow hung out because they were both "cool". But we also know Rainbow got teased about being a "flight school dropout" and that she's extremely insecure about failure, despite her trademark bravado. Gilda may be different in that regard, but her behavior suggests otherwise.Gilda's jealousy of Pinkie Pie (yes, that's what that actually was), for example, bespoke the kind of insecurity that's typical of bullies. They tend to be motivated by fear themselves, which is why they usually collapse when their bluff is called and someone actually stands up to them.Gilda can't take a joke because her pride is too brittle. She's not comfortable with herself or her social image, and compensates by being abusive to others in a vain attempt to put herself above them.Those who are truly self-confident don't need to isolate themselves from others the way Gilda does. Her erstwhile elitism, like her mean behavior, is probably more of a defense mechanism than anything else.Like Babs, she may be a bully because she used to be bullied herself. We don't know -- I'm just speculating -- but I still think Gilda could learn a lot from this episode.  :D

• Brohoof 2

Golden-Belle was pretty awesome. Sweetie Belle has some squeaks in this episode, which are pretty cute. 

And yay a CMC song! 

I was surprised how Babs immidiately turned on the CMCs and went with Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon

But in the end, it was soo funny when she got revenge on those two jerks when she realized what she did wrong. 

• Brohoof 2

Well now, I was sure I was going to hate this episode from all the descriptions of it, and I was sure I was going to be in for a piece of moralising clap-trap...

...but it was great! I'd forgotten that the CMC were now being portrayed in a fun way, and their interaction was done really well.

When Babs first appeared I thought she was sweet and could see why she thought all this clubhouse malarky was strange, but then she went all weird on us and I wanted to kick her ass 

Pinkie wasn't annoying, even tho her only role was to be annoying, which was funny in this case. 

And I LOVED the song!

• Brohoof 3