Do your parents know you're a brony?

defaultremix

Do your parents know your a brony?  

830 users have voted

1. 1. Do your parents know your a brony?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

I thought my parents would be against me watching MLP. But when they saw me watching MLP, they were just like "meh". They were totally fine with it.. I never thought they would be that cool about me watching MLP. and I think my mom thinks Fluffle Puff was adorable, she saw me watching a Fluffle Puff vid.. she went "aww" :yay: . a silent one but I heard it. I think tha's when I became an "open" brony.. :derp:

• Brohoof 1

Do my parents know if I'm a brony? No sir, they haven't the slightest clue and I'm not in any rush to tell them. Do you have any idea how incredibly awkward that conversation would be where I have to explain it to them?

I could really do with telling them so that I can order some merchandise off of the internet, seeing as there isn't any where I live.

My whole family knows and it doesnt bother them. If your mum n dad are prepared to listen with an open mind then there wont be an issue just explain the series and why ya like it and how its nothing like the old generations. Also if ya do we all here wish you luck.

• Brohoof 1

Why it's actually so "dangerous" if your parents find out you're a brony / why you'd keep it in secret?   I understand you can keep in secret that you smoke or gay, but lol... "A brony? What's that?"

Then they find out it's that you like a "little girl show" and think you're messed up in the head. My family would accept your secrets better than the borny one actually  :lol:

I'm quite a closet brony. I don't want to tell them, I always lock myself in my room and put headphones on when I watch it and I can't buy any merch without them knowing. My dad caught a little sight of an episode I was watching, and he said "what's that?". I quickly switched to pewdiepie and said, " it was just an advert for a cartoon about ponies". He just shrugged it off.

Then they find out it's that you like a "little girl show" and think you're messed up in the head. My family would accept your secrets better than the borny one actually  :lol:

Actually you're right there. I too was (and perhaps still) hiding from mine I'm a PB&J Otter fan because I have a fear of feeling embarrassed if I get caught watching it.  

But it's better be embarrassed for watching little kids' show rather than if they find out that you either smoke or gay or even a pedophile, so "that's why you're on a forum of little girls' show". xD

Edited by I love Jelly Otter

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes and no.

My mom sees me watch the show, and she's watched parts of the show a couple of times with me. She thinks it's "nice that I'm watching the show".

She doesn't know about bronies though (or at least that's what I think). She doesn't know about the fan made stuff, she doesn't know that I go on this forum, etc.

As for my dad, I have no idea. We share a Netflix account so he could've seen me watching the show. If he did find out, I don't think he'll care. Heck, he watches Curious George sometimes. :muffins:

Edited by PonyLaces

I don't consider myself a brony. However, my dad knows I like MLP. XD He doesn't really care that I like it, and i also don't think my mom would either. They both know I have a lot of varying developmental delays, so they aren't too worried about what I watch.

• Brohoof 1

Do the option "Other" stands for "they kinda know but haven't realize it yet"?

I don't consider myself a brony. However, my dad knows I like MLP. XD He doesn't really care that I like it, and i also don't think my mom would either. They both know I have a lot of varying developmental delays, so they aren't too worried about what I watch.

"Developmental delays"... so you mean to say that if you were "fully developed" you wouldn't like the show at all?

I think they do.
I've said it before, but they might've thought I was joking.

I'm quoting you because your nickname, avatar and signature are awesome

Edited by Caleb Rosengard

I've posted in this topic before that my parents know, but my mother has actually bought me a few random pony-related gifts when she's at the store now...

I mean, I appreciate the gesture and all, it's awesome that she's gotten used to me liking the show, and I did like the My Little Pony cups that she bought me...

But what the hell is a twenty-one year old dude gonna do with some everlovin' My Little Pony walkie talkies?

But what the hell is a twenty-one year old dude gonna do with some everlovin' My Little Pony walkie talkies?

It makes it easier to LARP with your buddies in the forest, like what I do. :)

It makes it easier to LARP with your buddies in the forest, like what I do. :)

Paladin Pinkamena, come in Paladin Pinkamena, this is Wizard Dash... should I cast a Magic Missile on that Egghead over there?!

Nah, but I ain't a LARPer type guy so that kinda narrows down my options with them... maybe I'll put one in dark room and then leave the room and see if I can contact some spooky pony ghosts or something.

• Brohoof 1

ya, they're cool about it, but I kinda feel like they're concerned but won't tell me. I'm 29, an Air Force vet, and have a great job and my own house, but on the personal side of things I probably couldn't live up to most brony stereotypes any more than I do.

Yeah. My mom occasionally teases me about it, but she's not seriously worried about it. We saw a trailer for Rainbow Rocks at the movie theater the other night and my dad laughed at it and leaned in and asked me if I'd seen Equestria Girls. Yes Dad, I unfortunately have... So yeah, they know and they're pretty cool about it. I'm lucky, I know.

Edited by Petal Dancer
  • Brohoof 2