Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do your parents know you're a brony?

defaultremix

Do your parents know your a brony?  

830 users have voted

1. 1. Do your parents know your a brony?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

(edited)

I'm sure I already have posted on this thread but yeah most people know, I'm someone that occasionally walks in a pony shirt. That and I would often watch it at the living room haha. 

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 5

1 minute ago, Princess of Bolts 🔥 said:

Didn’t you say that your dad was a secret Applejack fan and that your uncle may be a closet brony :yay:?

Yeah that too!! :dash:

• Brohoof 2

Yeah and they're fine with it. they think it's a little strange, but I've always been a little 'weird' since I was a little. So they just chalked it up to that

• Brohoof 2

Yes my mother does know that I'm a brony, she's known for quite some time, as she found out that I was a Brony a few months after I had first joined the fandom back in early 2017. She's perfectly fine with me being a Brony, in fact, she took me out to Trotcon in Ohio last year, and even though Trotcon got canceled this year, we're making plans to return to it next year! :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Yep.  I don’t think they know the term for it is Brony, but they know I like the show.  They don’t care.  My mom even watched a few episodes with me once. 

My aunt and cousins also know.  They watched that episode of Tosh.O featuring Flutterdash.  They got a kick out of showing it to me lol.  

Edited by AppleBolt ⚡️
  • Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...

Yes they do, and they don't bother me about it either. They think it's a little weird, but they are fine with it. They actually bought me a MLP plushie for my birthday!

when i went through my original brony phase, they knew, they wouldn't stop teasing me and it became too much so i lost interest in mlp

and now that i am a brony again, i decided that no one shall know (except for my very trustworthy cousin) 

Probably, and they don't seem to care. They usually just acknowledge the Transformers fan in me more lol

Not yet. I'm sure it'll come up in casual conversation eventually. Or at the latest, when we see each other in person and they see all the pony stickers on my laptop.

They're generally cool with everything so I'm sure they won't be weird about it. Most likely they'll find it amusing because my sibling was a brony ages ago yet the appeal was totally lost on me back then.

i have yet to come out as a brony to my parents. they think i'm just a highly saturated horse girl,, but it's those digital pony gals that i value

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

Yeah, I told my parents recently so I could get stuffed animals and toys. It worked! I showed them some episodes. My dad doesn't care for it but he doesn't mind me liking the show. My mom thought it was okay at first, but she's really enjoying it now and we're watching in order together. :)

Eeyup. My father found out time after the moving. He suddenly felt the urge to built some wooden shelves on my room and unpack my things (I was out at another city living as roomie to 2 of my college friends. Was working on a shit hole company as quality control engineer). He found my collection and asked my mother if those were mine. She said yeah (nervously according to what she told me), and he went... "ah, ok. Let me put them over here". He wanted to know because he was picking stuff to throw out as trash. He's never said anything about the incident nor confronted me. Guess it didn't surprise him because I'm a huge nerd and he knows I love cartoons.

Admitted to my mother back in 2011. She went through different phases about it. First not caring, then wanted me to be normal and drop it or else, and finally came acceptance. Afterwards she would watch an episode or two with me every now and then.

Edited by Jesse Terrence
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Since this isn't particularly relevant now that I'm an adult I'm going to break down how it was when I was a teen.

For context, my parents have been divorced since I was six so no my father essentially has no idea about anything in my life and hence I won't be mentioning him really.

When I first got into MLP, my mother found out almost immediately for one simple reason: because I told her. She's an amazing women and always supportive of me and didn't think any less of me for doing something atypical. She felt that as long as I was happy, treating others well, and doing my best, then everything was alright.

Her calm and measured response makes sense. For me I never really obsess over media, even stuff I enjoy a lot. The most I do for just about anything is buy one or two pieces of merch if I'm feeling REALLY dedicated, and that was still true back in the day. I got a princess Celestia shirt with her cutiemark on the center of it that I loved to death, and my friend gave me a Fluttershy plush for my thirteenth birthday which I still have to this day.

But yes, for me most of my interests are not exactly highly visible so if I didn't want my mother to know I could have been silent on it, but I trust her and didn't want to hide the fact I was a bit weird, and she was perfectly understanding (and still is, for that matter.)

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
Fixed up grammar.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure there's anyone left who doesn't know I'm a brony. ^_^ I post pony stuff on my person Facebook, and I where pony shirts and masks in public all the time. People may think I'm weird, but at least they don't think I'm boring! :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 1

Yeah my parents know that I watch mlp. At first they were a bit weirded out but now they are cool with it. I have my litlle pony figures, a poster, A super nintendo game, and have some fan fiction books. I also write mlp fan fiction now and I am even making a my little pony dark comedy parody show. So life is epic and I am happy and everything is great. :D 

A5SIm3o.png

• 3 months later...

Yes. Nobody cares. It's just a TV show. Though they do think that I am wasting money buying plastic figures of ponies. Though they think the same when I buy tapes, so whatever.

• Brohoof 1