Do your parents know you're a brony?

defaultremix

Do your parents know your a brony?  

830 users have voted

1. 1. Do your parents know your a brony?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

Both my parents know. My dad laughed about it. He doesn't really take it seriously. He doesn't really care.

My mom laughed about it too but she is really nice about it. She even bought me a pinkie pie key chain :wub:

Edited by Pucksterv
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

My parents are both adult children. Lying to themselves everyday, so they can bear the notion of being afraid of living.

Purely mind driven by childhood traumas and conditioned love. Need to control everything, stagnant fear. Thinking themselves better than anybody else, mostly because outside their minds it's painted "failure" all over the mirror.

They come to me for guidance. I'm more their father/mother than they are mine. Not like it was any different before.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

My mum knows, but I'm not sure about my dad.

Speaking of my mum, she is totally not cool with me being a brony because she thinks it'll turn me into someone with a twisted view on society and such.

I'm not sure what my dad's reaction would be, though.

Mine don't know. I haven't been a brony for that long. I'm probably going to tell my therapist soon though

My parents don't know. Actually no one I know Irl know I'm a brony. I'm probably telling my therapist soon.

• Brohoof 1

I showed my mom the show and she watched a few episodes with me. She thought it was good. It was funny because she thought Rainbow Dash was a boy and she fell asleep. She doesn't even remember the name of the show, but she doesn't mind me watching it at all. lol

I showed my mom the show and she watched a few episodes with me. She thought it was good. It was funny because she thought Rainbow Dash was a boy and she fell asleep. She doesn't even remember the name of the show, but she doesn't mind me watching it at all. lol

Haha. I actually thought rainbow dash was a guy too before I was actively watching the show.

• Brohoof 1

@@redshell, WHAT!?! Sorry its just yeah there are some very,very sick bronies that are like that but there are also nazi bronies but both groups are small and not representative of everyone that likes the show. I got into this show to cope with being sexually abused as a kid ,so that makes your parents idea that bronies are automatically pedophiles  even crazier from my perspective.

My dad's cool with it he likes to joke about me liking it from time to time but he knows it makes me happy so he's fine with it.

Edited by CookieK

Well, it's been almost 2 years since I posted in here. Parents still have no idea. xD

Only one of my friends found out over the time I've been a brony. I slipped up on reposting a gif, which showed the link's location being on mlpforums. But he didn't seem to care, and thankfully didn't say anything to anyone else.

I imagine my parents would likely not care so much, but I'd probably never hear the end of the teasing from my dad, which is reason enough for me to avoid him ever knowing. >_>

• Brohoof 1

@@redshell, WHAT!?! Sorry its just yeah there are some very,very sick bronies that are like that but there are also nazi bronies but both groups are small and not representative of everyone that likes the show. I got into this show to cope with being sexually abused as a kid ,so that makes your parents idea that bronies are automatically pedophiles  even crazier from my perspective.

My dad's cool with it he likes to joke about me liking it from time to time but he knows it makes me happy so he's fine with it.

This actually reminds me of furries, because there are nazi furries, and "sexual deviant" furries, but just like bronies, those groups are small, and don't represent everyone in the fandom.

• Brohoof 1