Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

We've Hit the Big Time!

SparkBrony

Look what I found at my local library:

2uf3rr4.jpg

Aaaaand here's the article:

211o1hg.jpg

2r44voo.jpg

Sorry if I cut off some of the words :/ I encourage reading this, it's a great article. :) Enjoy!

(Btw I have the same shirt as that guy on the cover ;))

• Brohoof 10

• 3 weeks later...

Yup, sounds just about as pretentious as every other article I've read about someone p's life being changed because if a cartoon.

• Brohoof 1

Why are they all in joke majors? General studies? Mass communication? What a waste of a college degree. Also I hate these "a cartoon changed my life" stories. Also also, MLP has already been featured in much bigger things than whatever "owl magazine" is. Don't you remember the shoutout on the colbert report? Also just in the last 2 months, chris hayes has had pony cameos on his show twice during the click 3 segment

• Brohoof 1

Where do you get that shirt?

I got it from Hot Topic a while ago but last I checked they still have it.

Anyway, it's pretty exiting that we got on the front page of a magazine! :P

Yup, sounds just about as pretentious as every other article I've read about someone p's life being changed because if a cartoon.

I used to think the same - that MLP was "just a show". But then, isn't it more than that? Being a brony isn't just watching the show - it comes with a fandom that feels more like a community. And you know what? In some ways, the show and fandom have changed my life a little bit. Nothing huge, but I think I've become a more cheerful and friendly person since I began watching the show. I'd lost a lot of self confidence, and I really believe that the show and supportive fanbase (heck, it IS a community!) are part of what helped me gain some if back. It was also part of what helped me see who my real friends were "in real life" (I try to avoid that phrase as a general rule as it implies what happens online has no bearing on what happens away from the computer, but still) and I've made additional friends in the fanbase, too. If it weren't for this very forum, I probably would never have discovered tulpae/tulpas, and then Phoenix and Nathaniel wouldn't exist.

Sorry for the massive wall of text, guess I just got a bit carried away...

Anyways, as for there being an article on bronies, I wouldn't say that's new, although it is nice that this one is entirely positive. Being on the front page is pretty cool though.

• Brohoof 1

I got it from Hot Topic a while ago but last I checked they still have it.

Anyway, it's pretty exiting that we got on the front page of a magazine! tongue.png

Is it possible you can link to it? I defiantly want to :D!

And this article is a massive change from the press the community got originally :P, was a nice read :)!

Hahahahha sorry I know this is terrible...

But stare at the general studies major and then the major and the quote for around 30 seconds and try not to laugh or grin.

• Brohoof 1