Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Chrysalis: the hoof-sy villain

Dzastur

(Apologies if this has been brought up before...)

2qjc034.jpg

nd55xf.jpg

2sb2y4p.jpg

2r6m7gh.jpg

handsy - adj. prone to touching other people with one's hands, especially inappropriately.

She seems to like chins in particular. And it's a very villain-y thing to do - especially if one is super-evil.

• Brohoof 9

(edited)

1. Hey John, long time, no chat.

I think that's just their way of informing us that she's extra villainous. She has no fingers with which to work with, so hooves are gonna have to cut it.

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 1

1. Hey John, long time, no chat.
  2. I think that;s just their way of informing us that she's extra villainous. She has no fingers with which to work, so hooves are gonna have to cut it.

I think you're right. It's sort of a "possessive of prey" kind of thing for the bad guy / gal to do. (And not easy to search on in Google Images, BTW.)

dcjr5h8x_23gvmp8vpv_b-500x375.jpg

dark_knight_14.jpg

220px-Albert_Seedman_holding_Tony_Deller

• Brohoof 1

Awesome observation.

In Chrysalis's case, I feel like it makes the most sense, especially since she's about deception and feeding off of love, which is a very personal and intimate thing.

I remember that Nightmare Moon did a similar thing with her starry mane when she stroked Rarity's chin in the second episode of season one. Just a random thought.

• Brohoof 2

I think you're right. It's sort of a "possessive of prey" kind of thing for the bad guy / gal to do. (And not easy to search on in Google Images, BTW.)

dcjr5h8x_23gvmp8vpv_b-500x375.jpg

dark_knight_14.jpg

220px-Albert_Seedman_holding_Tony_Deller

post-12583-0-93270800-1371004336.jpg

post-12583-0-54334300-1371004362.jpg

post-12583-0-62880100-1371004375_thumb.jpg

post-12583-0-40340500-1371004386_thumb.png

post-12583-0-15583700-1371004408_thumb.jpg

Disney villains love this kind of stuff.

I thinks it's suppouse to be "Yeah, I be poking your chin and patting your back, like you were a child, because I'm confident enough that you couldn't stop me if you tried".

Invasion of privacy = instant villainy.

• Brohoof 3

Lol, well thats a cool word you have there for it.

I guess you have a point that she does touch ponies with her hoofs alot, although I don't really know what knowing that has to do with anything much honestly xD. Although I guess its funny to look at trends and stuff with characters.

I guess its just something that made sense for a villain to do in the senarios Idk :P. I have no explanation really.

• Brohoof 1

Nice observation. I missed how often she did do that.

Most villains do that either as a sign of intimacy (I'm calling rape) or as a act of teasing the heroes. Chrysalis is like "HA HA! I'm touching your chin and there's nothing you can do to stop me *troll face*"

• Brohoof 1

I guess its just something that made sense for a villain to do in the senarios Idk tongue.png. I have no explanation really.

Actually, the explanation is quite simple: Chrysalis was planting trackers on the ponies so that she could track their every move. It's all part of a contingency plan in case she failed. Now she can track down Twilight and her buddies and get her revenge! All thanks to Changeling GPS, now only five hundred dollars at your local Flim Flam Brothers Superstore!

• Brohoof 3

Actually, the explanation is quite simple: Chrysalis was planting trackers on the ponies so that she could track their every move. It's all part of a contingency plan in case she failed. Now she can track down Twilight and her buddies and get her revenge! All thanks to Changeling GPS, now only five hundred dollars at your local Flim Flam Brothers Superstore!

Why didn't I think of this before!? The answer was literally in front of my face.

I herby adopt thine headcannon as thineown. You may now dance like madmares.

• Brohoof 2

Ah yes, the tracker - the last thing the hero / villain leaves behind once they're defeated. Man, that'd be devious. But Chrysalis is a devious type of girl.

Which leads me to an only somewhat-related concern: the young ponies in the show would be even more vulnerable to Changeling head games, I would think. We should check Diamond Tiara for fly wings...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Honestly you want to know what I think of Queen Chrysalis and her mannerisms and behavior?

She's a freaking manipulative gold digging whore taken to the extreme. Just look at her song This Day:

She's a control freak willing to lie and manipulate and plan extensively to get her plan into fruition. The way she behaves around Twilight and later Celestia shows how confident she is in her plans. To sum her up she's what the Joker would say, she's a schemer, outscheming the other schemers like Celestia. She's basically the diametrical opposite to Discord in many ways.

Also:

In a less PG 13 rated setting, I'm pretty sure given the chance she we would seduce Luna too and get some weird action their. Heck she might be able to pull off some kinky 7 way with the Mane 6 if she really wanted to and tried. That's just how much of a whore Chrysalis is. She may have even got some action with Shining Armor before Twilight came and spoiled that awkward honeymoon

Sorry that last bit had to be said. Chrysalis is by default the epitome of a gold digging whore. You can't sugarcoat that.

Edited by Cwanky
  • Brohoof 3

Ah yes, the tracker - the last thing the hero / villain leaves behind once they're defeated. Man, that'd be devious. But Chrysalis is a devious type of girl.

Which leads me to an only somewhat-related concern: the young ponies in the show would be even more vulnerable to Changeling head games, I would think. We should check Diamond Tiara for fly wings...

We should. If we find her buzzing around her room... it would explain so much.

@@Cwanky

To be fair, Chrysalis has done way more work than any gold-digger I know. I mean, how many gold diggers do you know can outfight a Princess in a magic fight?

And the part in spoilers... other than being kind of funny I'm going to assume she didn't do anything with Shining Armor simply because of the themes and rating of the show, but I can't imagine that Chrysalis wouldn't want some action with Shining Armor at some point. I think she was more concerned with taking over and feeding her minions than answering any booty call at that point.

• Brohoof 2

Huh... Well wouldja look at that... I guess I never really thought more of it, but now that I've seen all those images, I guess you're right. Villains do seem to like to touch things (mostly chins I see) with their hands/appendages. I guess it could be a sign of showing their superiority and confidence/arrogance. Gotta pay more attention... Wait.. Didn't Discord kinda do that too?

post-10934-0-14785300-1371123600.jpg

Meh.. Bad quality, but you get the idea. If that's not invading personal space, then I don't know what is. And didn't he also poke Fluttershy in the head to make her mean?

• Brohoof 2

Huh... Well wouldja look at that... I guess I never really thought more of it, but now that I've seen all those images, I guess you're right. Villains do seem to like to touch things (mostly chins I see) with their hands/appendages. I guess it could be a sign of showing their superiority and confidence/arrogance. Gotta pay more attention... Wait.. Didn't Discord kinda do that too?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Meh.. Bad quality, but you get the idea. If that's not invading personal space, then I don't know what is. And didn't he also poke Fluttershy in the head to make her mean?

Yes, yes he did.

I love the ballsiness of him picking up an Element of Harmony of all ponies, and just swinging and tossing them all over the place as he pleases.

Try pulling that crap now, though...

• Brohoof 1

Discord and even Nightmare Moon have done it as well. Certainly something interesting to think about, once you've started. Picture relevant, I made this some time ago:

My Little Villains: Personal Space is Null.

post-4006-0-98230800-1371171971_thumb.png

Makes you wonder, though...why would the villains of a show all about innocent, cute, colorful ponies want to touch them, for?

post-4006-0-04219600-1371171970.png

• Brohoof 1

Makes you wonder, though...why would the villains of a show all about innocent, cute, colorful ponies want to touch them, for?

Hmm...maybe it's because not even the meanest meanies are immune to the cuteness that is pony? Even if it doesn't keep them from executing an evil plan, there are moments of "dawwwww." There is always always "dawwwww."

Imagine an experiment done where, during a prison rec room fight, the warden would put Fluttershy, quietly pleading for calm, on all the monitors. I'm only half kidding when I say it'd have a chance of working.

(Short of that, I'd love to see someone film it as a comedy bit.)

IT'S CREEPY! That's why villains do the chin grab thing. A villain can easily show dominance by attacking their victim and such but villains like Chrysalis don't. She is showing her dominance by grabbing ponies in an intimate way for the soul purpose of freaking them out. Look at Rarity's face when Chrysalis grabs Twilight, she is thinking "Yikes why is she grabbing Twilight like that?" or she could be thinking "What is with that ghastly crown she is wearing? You don't know with Rarity. Anyway the villain chin grab has always freaked me out.

• Brohoof 1