Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Parents Complaining About Equestria Girls

DJRainbowDash

I'm laughing on the inside. Oh, and the outside. This is just ridiculous. There's no need to go up in arms about the movie. If you don't like it... don't let your kid watch it. Besides, let's be frank. This movie isn't targeting the kids. It's definitely marketing to us more than them. There's way too many humanized pony stories on fimfiction for me to believe otherwise.

But of course parents are going to find something to bitch about. That's what they do when they don't want to take personal responsibility; they complain and demand something be changed instead of taking the initiative to control what they let their kids see and have. Don't like it? Fine, be a responsible parent and don't let your kid watch it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Naysayers like Inwood mom Didi Sanchez" Oh the unintended pun! My sides

Anyway, this is just those few parents who overreact to everything and have amazing double standards. I wouldn't be surprised if these are the parents who also believe that video games cause school shootings but still buy their kids CoD every year.

"Like Barbie, these super-slender Equestria Girls ought to eat more oats, some moms claim. “The ponies look anorexic,” says Gabby Gutierrez, a full-time nanny for two Pony-addicted upper West Side girls."

It's an animated cartoon in a fictional universe... what are you on about ?! Normally these things are so bad it's funny, but this is just getting silly. It's a cartoon people it's not that important. The age demographic will care more about the fact that there's magic and their favourite characters, not that the animators didn't draw Twilights body 2 pixels wider....

Edited by Aaramus
  • Brohoof 1

UGH some people just can't be satisfied with anything. I think at most they'll change the whole school setting to a uniform school or something or make everyone wear long dresses and pants. ;P

Don't parents usually whine about everything these days? Sheesh, they're always so overprotective to their children that it's ridiculous

• Brohoof 1

hooker boots

Wow. In my first little scan of the article, I thought it said "hooker boobs." x.x

Anyway, I didn't really think making this movie was a good idea in the first place.. But that's a brony's point of view. Little girls are probably going crazy. I never thought I'd see Hasbro make the ponies human! IT MAKES ME SICK. Can't wait to see it!!!! Omg I'm excited to see it yay.png  I'M READY FOR THIS.

And to those parents.. Shut up xD. It's a cartoon. Based off of ponies. I highly doubt the little girls are going to grow up to be hookers. That would be interesting..

"How were you inspired to be a hooker?"

"Why, Equestria Girls, of course!"

• Brohoof 1

Wow. In my first little scan of the article, I thought it said "hooker boobs." x.x

Anyway, I didn't really think making this movie was a good idea in the first place.. But that's a brony's point of view. Little girls are probably going crazy. I never thought I'd see Hasbro make the ponies human! IT MAKES ME SICK. Can't wait to see it!!!! Omg I'm excited to see it yay.png  I'M READY FOR THIS.

And to those parents.. Shut up xD. It's a cartoon. Based off of ponies. I highly doubt the little girls are going to grow up to be hookers. That would be interesting..

"How were you inspired to be a hooker?"

"Why, Equestria Girls, of course!"

I think the only thing that ever "inspires" young women to become prostitutes is a little tidbit called teen pregnancy mixed with unemployment, not a cartoon.

"Naysayers like Inwood mom Didi Sanchez" Oh the unintended pun! My sides

Anyway, this is just those few parents who overreact to everything and have amazing double standards. I wouldn't be surprised if these are the parents who also believe that video games cause school shootings but still buy their kids CoD every year.

"Like Barbie, these super-slender Equestria Girls ought to eat more oats, some moms claim. “The ponies look anorexic,” says Gabby Gutierrez, a full-time nanny for two Pony-addicted upper West Side girls."

It's an animated cartoon in a fictional universe... what are you on about ?! Normally these things are so bad it's funny, but this is just getting silly. It's a cartoon people it's not that important. The age demographic will care more about the fact that there's magic and their favourite characters, not that the animators didn't draw Twilights body 2 pixels wider....

I don't think that Anorexia has any appeal to young girls anyway, no matter how many candy colored ponies gone human sport the look.

Parents overreacting to cartoons? Stop the presses! this is historical event and a first of its kind! Not like Shezow is facing a shit ton of criticism as a trans sexual brainwashing device to make children more tolerable of the concept therefore turning them to Daedric prince of homo. Or Satan, both apply.

Really now, parents, those human mortals whom most kids see as infallible godlike caretakers often are deluded by the worship their infants bestow upon them and then go around preaching their own moral views on the world as the word of god. When I have never said a thing about skirts on boys other than "Breezy" and "nice floral pattern".

But really now, you gentlemen and a lady over there could relax, the parental whining is not really potent enough to be anything more than a funny article and another derpygate. A delightful escapade into widespread madness and mayhem, especially madness, and then world keeps going as it always has and equestria girls will have a summer beach special released where these pastel complexion possessing strapping young ladies prance around in string bikinis.

Or at least so I hope because reactions to that would be absolutely amazing.

• Brohoof 2

Parents, you don't want your kids growing up to be hookers, then start getting involved in their lives and teaching them morals instead of expecting them to learn it from the tv.  You don't think those skirts are appropriate, then teach them that and stop wearing clothes like that yourselves.  Girls are going to be exposed to slutty behavior and clothes at some point whether you want them to or not, whether it be tv, school, the mall, their friends, their friends parents etc. but if you as a parent teach them what is appropriate and teach them morals then they won't grow up to be sluts.  I grew up watching Sailor Moon fighting justice in mini skirts and playing with Barbie and her big boobs and inhuman long legs but my parents taught me to have respect for myself and also to understand the difference between my favourite cartoon prancing about in skimpy clothes and the consequences of me prancing around in skimpy clothes.  Stuff like this is just an excuse for people to hear themselves talk.  Obviously none of these parents let their kids watch Nickelodeon or they'd be thrilled to see a MLP movie compared to the trash that that network is putting on these days. 

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

It's so sad that parents are complaining about this, spongebob runs naked through an entire town and no says anything, and my little pony humanized (Equestria Girls), parents try finding something bad about it just so they can get popularity and ruin it....

Edited by Brony_Poly

Aw man, when I read that parents weren't happy with the movie up in the title, I thought that meant that the movie was much darker and more violent than they were led to believe.

XDXDXD I LOOOOVE YOUR GIF ITS PERFECTLY EXPLAINS THE TOPIC!!!! what is that gif from exactly?

i want to know!!!! or else..YOU WILL LOVE ME!!!!

• Brohoof 1

XDXDXD I LOOOOVE YOUR GIF ITS PERFECTLY EXPLAINS THE TOPIC!!!! what is that gif from exactly?

i want to know!!!! or else..YOU WILL LOVE ME!!!!

Tim and Eric Awesome Show. Comes on Adult Swim sometimes. Legendarily random. That little clip is probably as sober as the show gets.

All I can do is say "Overprotective" with some of the parents.  There was an article on some website that said that characters like Celestia were too slender, belonging on a stripper pole.

I have a couple of gripes with Equestria Girls, one being the HS setting.  It. Is. Done. To. Death. Both in Eastern and Western animation styles. 

DHX has the talent, the ability, and the skill to pull it off, however, I just feel there are some areas which can't be worked on that well.  MLPFIM I came into with a skeptical eye, but relented after a while because it had solid writing, animation, VA work, music, etc....  Equestria Girls, it just gives me that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.  I hated the concept designs, yet I was patient.  I didn't start really going full force on the movie until I saw the synopsis, extended synopsis, post-concept designs, the first trailer, and the final trailer.  

Equestria Girls is one thing that I will definitely be skipping. 

There was an article on some website that said that characters like Celestia were too slender, belonging on a stripper pole.

I saw that article, but I can't remember if it was called "I Like Big Plots And I Cannot Lie" or "Baby Got Flank". I certainly can respect their preferences of liking a little extra junk in the trunk but really I think a poll should decide that sort of thing, a very long metal pole. Okay seriously I am a huge pervert but even I can turn that off and realize that some things really are as innocent as they seem, except for maybe the internet.

Aw man, when I read that parents weren't happy with the movie up in the title, I thought that meant that the movie was much darker and more violent than they were led to believe.

Same here, but don't give up hope for that. This article came out well before the general public had a chance to see the movie; it might very well be dark and violent, and the parents just don't know it yet.

Honestly, as ugly as these designs are, I do think the article is very much a biased hate article directed towards the show. We don't even get as far as the first paragraph before -

Hasbro’s beloved horsies transform into high school hussies in the new movie “My Little Pony: Equestria Girls” — and New York moms are braying at the thought of the popular TV characters losing their manes and tails for mini-skirts and hooker boots.

I suspect one of two things. 1: It is true that sometimes add agencies purposely create bad press for a show. This creates controversy and interest. People want to see what the fuss is about. People are more interested in a controversial topic.

2: The writer of the article knew that a controversial angle would get more reads. We read interviews from 4 or so disgruntled moms, and we then believe that this represents a large segment of the population. It is possible to find at least a couple people to express any opinion you want. The writer has achieved exactly what they wanted, as is evidenced by the fact that we are talking about it.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know why Mom's get why the movie is horrible in many ways that can describe it. Firstly, they don't know the internet fandom that we are in right now, the bronies and the pega-sisters. I think if more and more Mom's get attention of this serieno about bronies and pega-sisters, Common Sense Media will come and stop the brony fandom once and for all. The Mom's should know that we have the power to like and try things out, not the way that male people watch this movie.

Its just a movie, not the end of the world. :/

THIS auta be interesting! I wander how this is going to end out?

From what I've seen from the trailer, it's just another High school drama or something. :/

parents will always find a reason to complain, i find nothing offensive about it but thats just me. im sure everyone else feels the same way.

I hate how that is! :L C'mon! Just look at Derpy and the soccermoms for peat sake!! :<

And I didn't enjoy THAT. This "Could" be Derpy all over again, If ya know what I mean.

/grew up watching Sailor Moon

/has seen every single episode in both English and Japanese

/is still a virgin

Hey, overprotective soccer mommies and grammommies. You have the right to tell your daughters what to watch and not watch. But if you think that a show with skinny girls in short skirts is what will make your daughter a hooker, boy, are you naive.

I really have no idea what kind of parent who finds out their daughter became a slut who said, "I shouldn't have let her play with Barbies!" But that parent would be retarded.

• Brohoof 1