Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request Custom Cutie Mark?

Oh Akatosh why

Hey.

So iv'e been working on my first OC recently and iv'e got everything ironed out except for one thing.....

I need a cutie mark. This is my OC so far hiResPony_zps5f5156fe.pngMy hope is that you awesome people could make me a cutie mark i was thinking it could be a drum set with a rock guitar in front and speaker's on the side.

If one of you do.... Oh my gawd i would be absolu-postiv-ilutly be convinced that brony's are the best fandom ever.

Preemptive nuclear thank's. 

I guess i should add some backstory. He's a wannabe rockstar somewhat emo and rather awkward. he's a  below average flyer and his favorite food is sweet apple fries 

Hmm... your idea for a cutie mark seems quite complex. They are generally pretty simple shapes and patterns, after all. Too much and too complex would just end up as a confused clutter. I mean, look at Vinyl or Octavia. They have pretty simple musical notation that suggest their musical talents. What kind of music they specialize in exactly is evident more so by their overall visual design. Perhaps you should narrow what exactly you want down, since the actual appearance of your OC already gives off that emo rocker vibe.

Really i just want any kind of rock instrument, I mean i'm giving nothing back so i would be happy for anything, A suggestion to actual artist's who unlike me can draw maybe just drums? Or just a guitar. Really anything that gives off a rockstar vibe

Really i just want any kind of rock instrument, I mean i'm giving nothing back so i would be happy for anything, A suggestion to actual artist's who unlike me can draw maybe just drums? Or just a guitar. Really anything that gives off a rockstar vibe

Well, there would be ways for a visual artist to get across the idea of 'Rockstar' without even showing an instrument. Instruments are complicated visually, and wouldn't scale well. An example as to what would show off 'Rockstar' could be something as simple as a music note inside of a star shape.

Well, there would be ways for a visual artist to get across the idea of 'Rockstar' without even showing an instrument. Instruments are complicated visually, and wouldn't scale well. An example as to what would show off 'Rockstar' could be something as simple as a music note inside of a star shape.

Hmmm i like that train of thought but maybe...... just maybe we could put a rock.....    Inside of a star........

talk about literal art.

Lol at any rate i like the idea of a note inside a star.

I'm just giving input because, though I fancy myself an artist, I simply do not have the time to do this request in particular(I have a backlog of like 8 requests that I really need to get around to finishing through). That and I am awful with vectors, which is more so what would be fitting for a cutie mark.

I don't know about everypony else, but when I think of a visual representation of sound I think of somethng that makes sound. 

post-15440-0-68094900-1371690898_thumb.jpg

I think it looks ok, but maybe instead of the sound waves, you can have a quarter note or something at the top.

I like that idea, Maybe just a single bass sub-woofer, Although i think a music note looks more like it should belong to a piano/classical instrument playing pony like Octavia. 

Then, tell me this: why is Vinyl's cutie mark an eighth-note? As I have stated before, instruments are too visually complicated to fit the context of a cutie mark. A sub-woofer is simpler, but... well, it's a box. A black box. That is boring in it's own way.

I kinda agree that simpler is better. They have to look good reduced down really small. How about something like...

OCcutiemark_zps8f639e31.jpg

Which on your OC could look something like....

BronyOCwithcutiemark_zps7d96591a.jpg

Your OC has a lot of character :D

Mikestar.

Then, tell me this: why is Vinyl's cutie mark an eighth-note? As I have stated before, instruments are too visually complicated to fit the context of a cutie mark. A sub-woofer is simpler, but... well, it's a box. A black box. That is boring in it's own way.

When you think about it though, an eighth or quarter not is just a black symbol. At least subwoofers make noise, all that notes do is sit there waiting to be read.

When you think about it though, an eighth or quarter not is just a black symbol. At least subwoofers make noise, all that notes do is sit there waiting to be read.

Yes, it's just a simple symbol, but at the same time it is also distinctive. When shrunk down or viewed from afar, a sub woofer might as well be the monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey. And again, I do note(get it... it's a pun) that Vinyl herself has an eighth note for her cutie mark, and she is the quintessential dj pony.

That's way too complex a cutie mark.  It should be a simple, single object or pattern of repeating simple objects (a la Fluttershy's butterflies).  It's too cluttered and not immediately obvious what it is.  All that being said, the cutie mark is probably the least of your worries with that OC.  That's all I'll say though since this isn't a thread for OC review

Yes, it's just a simple symbol, but at the same time it is also distinctive. When shrunk down or viewed from afar, a sub woofer might as well be the monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey. And again, I do note(get it... it's a pun) that Vinyl herself has an eighth note for her cutie mark, and she is the quintessential dj pony.

All I'm really trying to say is that, all cutie marks are simple. Yes, some are very distinctive, but really a note like that would not stick out to someone that does not know very much, or anything at all about music. When, just about everyone has seen something like a speaker in their life. 

Wow.. I go to sleep and all this happens. @Arcus Wow that looks awesome i like the idea of a sub-woofer, @mikestar ok.... that's a pretty good point, but still you have to realize iv'e never dealt with any type of vector image's before. @galefenrir I don't really think that's a problem after all when one of my friends watched the show after i had explained a little (including cutie marks) he thought twilight was an astronomer pony, As i think it takes a little time to figure out any cutie mark, At any rate Arcus that looks awesome and now that i actually know the limitations of vector art i like that idea, My new idea would be one giant sub-woofer with 'splosions on the side.

P.S would it be possible to add kind of a sound wave effect from the sub-woofer?

@Arcus

Yes please make the vector, that image seem's like a perfect cutie mark

Preemptive nuclear thanks.

PS, Thanks so much as my artistically retarded hands could never draw stuff as nice as you can.