Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Opinion on Twilight and Flash Sentry

Sergios117

He needs more character development before I'll be ok with it. As it stands now, he's just your stereotypical nice guy who shows up in movies. He's kind of bland and boring oh, and his human version plays a guitar. Not that it's a bad thing, but it is very typical of a male love interest in a movie with a high school setting.  Personally, I would prefer it if the series ended without any of the mane 6 in romantic relationships.  I would find it to distracting for this particular show.

(edited)

well yeah but you have to consider a few things 

1. the show was meant for little girls..........so having twilight or the other cast of the Mane 6 deal with crushes would be a good way of showing it to the younger audience how to handle such situations

2. even with a large older male viewers just like in anime a love interest would actually be a crowd pleaser (kinda why shipping is very popular)

3. as the general progression of character development goes twilight is going to fast(in my opinion) and perhaps a love interest might be a good distraction (in my opinion)

I can understand your points. But i just can't see Twilight dating with such Gary Stu. And beliving in the first bump love? She is not a pony like that. Still, is a problem that is not gonna be, cause Flash Sentry is not gonna be in the main season.

Edited by Azrael the alicorn
  • Brohoof 1

I can understand your points. But i just can't see Twilight dating with such Gary Stu. And beliving in the first bump love? She is not a pony like that. Still, is a problem that is not gonna be, cause Flash Sentry is not gonna be in the main season.

for one it not certain that flash wont be in S4, and youd be surprise how a girl can change plus twilight is growing up which is what hasbro is trying to portray, as i stated the show is meant for little girls and dealing with things like this is what hasbro wants in the show

• Brohoof 2

I was obviously never expecting Hasbro to pair Twilight with Rainbow Dash, which would be awesome, but I don't know if I like ... sigh ... 'FlashLight'.  He seemed her type in the human world, but in Equestria ... he just seemed ... I don't know ... off?  Of course we didn't get to see him much in Equestria.  He did seem pretty cool in the human world, so we'll just have to wait and see.  It's obviously who Twilight is going to get paired with though, they made it pretty clear.

for one it not certain that flash wont be in S4, and youd be surprise how a girl can change plus twilight is growing up which is what hasbro is trying to portray, as i stated the show is meant for little girls and dealing with things like this is what hasbro wants in the show

Meghan said that Flash is not gonna be in S4, and that she's tired of people calling her liar. So no, Flash is not gonna be in S4. Of course we can wait S5, or 6, or 7 and so on and on.

And developing a crush in the way i see it in the movie is just a bad thing to make belive little girls that you can bump for pure luck in the perfect knight in shining armour, and just because the boy is handsome it dosen't mean that he is gonna be flawless.

And yes, the series in the past was made for little girls. But this series is different, and this explain why is so much more loved of past series. The tone of FIM is more toward a mixed audience. And they are willingly trying to keep it in this way.

I think the thing with Flash Sentry is just how inconsequential he was to everything.

Seriously, you could write him completely out of the movie, have one of the other human mane 5 do what he did in Luna's office, and the story would have been a little stronger for it.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

Flash Sentry, I believe, should be in season 4.  There is a lot of room for improvement, which I love; the anticipation of seeing what kind of character he will be makes me want to watch the show even more.  He and Twilight make such an interesting and cute couple.  I'm not saying it should be anything serious; a little 'nervousness' around one another all it needs to be to make me happy honestly.  He won't be able to be in all of the episodes since he's at the Crystal Empire.  Part of me wants him to be moved to Ponyville, but whatever the writers want will happen, will happen.  I believe they will make the right decision.

MLP rules.

It sucks, it goes against the premise and principles of the show, Twilight is probably the second worst character to have a semi-canon ship behind Pinkie PIe, and it needs to keep its ridiculously clichéd existence out of our otherwise perfect MLP.

• Brohoof 2

I think the love plot was a bit 'thrown in there, but other than that I actually think it's pretty cute how Twilight and Flash Sentry were together.

I was actually hoping to see Flash Sentry in season four. I mean in my opinion as a character he was pretty good, and relly deserved more than just the movie. But I really didn't mind them being together. ^_^ It's too bad the writers couldnt have included him into the actual show as well. After all, he IS a royal guard for Celestia. Wouldn't be surprised if Twilight happened to run into him in the real show ;3

The underlying part was that the whole thing was a fling. Twilight's first romance was a throw away. She wasn't going to stick around and Flash just wasted his time on the idea of winning her heart. I see that since the other humans were dumb just made Flash able to do what he did. Mane 5 should have expected Sunset to pull another stunt and kept tabs on her, especially Rarity who got the most stinging experience.

• Brohoof 1