Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Theory: Discord will sing in the "History of Equestria" episode

~StatesTheOblivious~

(edited)

I searched and didn't find anything close to this that assumed this connection.

I recently re-watched "The Return of Harmony" again and asked myself a question when it came to this scene.

post-15746-0-57305300-1372169379_thumb.png

What the hay was Discord doing when he got turned into stone for the first time?

I mean, compare it to his reaction in the end of the two-parter. The latter seems to be way more... defensive.

So, to me it appears that he maybe didn't even expected to be defeated with the elements for the first time a thousand years ago.

Why?

Well, maybe I'm failing to read body-language here, but - and I can't help myself - for me he looks like singing in the screenshot. Maybe he was arrogant and didn't even think about Celestia and Luna being a threat to him. And he just sang out of a random reason that only the spirit of chaos can have.

I mean, I have no different explanation why someone should stand that way while he is hit by the magic that turns him into stone.

And then I remembered that panel at Las Pegasus Unicon. 

I know this is no confirmation and possibly not even a suggestive answer, but skip to 9:30 and await de Lancies respond. Singing Discord? And I just can't read aything different into that posture from the season two opener.

So, is it possible that we will have a Discord-song in season four in combination with his, Luna's and Celestia's backstory? Or am I just reading too much into it?

What do you think?

Edited by StatesTheOblivious
  • Brohoof 6

You maybe right about this one. But let's not jump it too soon. Celestia has already had a song, so all that's left are Luna and Discord. John De Lancie does have great singing abilities, so we may be looking forward to this in season 4. 

Hmmm Dose seem legit i hope we will get to see a bit more of him in season 4  and there alot of episodes so i can see this if it happend 

and maybe i  would also clear up abit of the jumbled up story of the sisters before luna left too~

Discord singing? Now, that would definitely be something really funny to watch while he decides to cause playful chaos on Celestia and Luna for the fun of it. Maybe his song would be: ''Causing Fun Chaos in Equestria.''

• Brohoof 1

That would be neat for two reasons.

1) It would mean someone in DHX is paying attention to details like that.

2) A historical episode! Yay! My wheelhouse! Playing in!

The way you worded the title makes it seem as though you're certain there absolutely will be an episode about the history of Equestria. Granted, the was Twilight teased meeting Celestia and Luna as fillies is a might suspicious, but...

(edited)

120000@$% YES! I would LOVE if Discord would sing :3 Dat voice.... am I the only one who thinkz that voice is asexy?

fanboyism aside, I've always wanted that draconeques to sing. Now THAT would be epic and definitely a signature of De Lancie's role in the brony community / the show. He's a brilliant singer in Bronies, and if Daniel Ingram composes it... H.A.M. I kinda though bronies would have a good Discord dubstep, but oh well~ (correct me if I'm wrong).

Come ta think of it, is John De Lancie a brony or just a supporter of his character and his fans?

Edited by Mikahlee

Sure hope so, that'd be not only a great tie-in, but would also explain something the entire fandom has been wanting to see; a flashback detailing the battle between the sisters and Discord.

• Brohoof 4

I think that at the very least the episode about Equestria's history needs to happen.

And I did think he was singing to. Only thing else I can see is maybe some overly dramatic fear scream or something, or idk something dramatic pose wise in his defeat.

but it always looked like singing to me to.

So I guess its possible he could sing, i think it'd be awesome to have Discord sing, aswell as Luna and Celestia, and Daniel Ingram certainly writes some great songs :).

Idk its possible, but I wouldn't be 100% garenteed on anything, we don't really know much about S4 yet, and the idea while possible isn't for sure exactly.

I think its just a little early to say for sure, but your theory is entirely possible.

• 1 month later...