Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Well, for some unknown reason, I felt like I needed to know how to create a pony (or at least something that somewhat resembles one...) in Gimp. I started out with a hand-drawn sketch that was uncolored and very basic (not even shaded). I spent a few hours on the computer and this was the result :D

post-13107-0-62637900-1372488731_thumb.png

I know that the quality of the art is definitely NOT the best, but at least I gave it a good go. Because I hate coloring my hand-drawn artwork, maybe this could be a solution to my problems ^-^

Constructive criticism is WELCOMED! I need some pointers so I can make something that I won't feel is sub-par :)

• Brohoof 4

I really can't find something "bad" with this one. Really good start!

Now, here's a recommendation: Try to draw the lines thicker, and then make them thinner on beggining/ending of them. How to explain this...

Look at Twi's ears. The lines are thick but in the beggining/ending of these they get thinner. The same for every line.

9011_56eb.png

Sorry if you have a hard time understanding me, my english vocab is pretty narrow and I have to expand it :3

• Brohoof 1

I really can't find something "bad" with this one. Really good start!

Now, here's a recommendation: Try to draw the lines thicker, and then make them thinner on beggining/ending of them. How to explain this...

Look at Twi's ears. The lines are thick but in the beggining/ending of these they get thinner. The same for every line.

9011_56eb.png

Sorry if you have a hard time understanding me, my english vocab is pretty narrow and I have to expand it :3

Actually, I think I understand what you're saying completely. I'm not quite sure as to how I'd do that on a computer program, because before today, I've solely done my artwork with pencil and paper.

Well, you'll figure it out somehow, that's for sure :3

Now, something that I love about your drawing is that you have a style of your own. That's really lovely :D And I love your OC's attitude :3

• Brohoof 1

Well, you'll figure it out somehow, that's for sure :3

Now, something that I love about your drawing is that you have a style of your own. That's really lovely biggrin.png And I love your OC's attitude :3

Haha, thanks. I tried to make him angry because if he's going to represent my name on the nets, Angry Unicorn, then he's going to have to look like it XP