Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sad A Canterlot Wedding-The Alternate Ending

Wardaddy

Of course Twi deserved to get punished, but do you want to know why I condemned the Infamous Seven for walking out on her? Because Twilight was torn apart by her brother. She needed her friends to stay with her, but they refused to give her that comfort. In doing so, they broke a promise they made to take Twilight more seriously from that point onwards.

There's a difference between taking someone seriously and blindly accepting things with no evidence. A time out is hardly the worst punishment when you act like a petulant child.

Perhaps if Twilight was not left broken by her brother, then she would've taken abandonment on the chin, knowing she deserved it. But in this case, Twilight needed the support only a true, true friend could give, but what did her so-called friends do? They left her in pieces. And her mentor was no better.

IT WAS A BLOODY TIMEOUT! A 2 MINUTE MOMENT TO REFLECT ON HOW IDIOTIC SHE WAS!

That's the point of a timeout!

Princess Celestia, who has cared for Twilight like a mother and has held her in such high regard, should've known better than to leave her student in the state she was. And what she said was cold. "You have a lot to think about"

What state?! All she knew was that Twilight had just acted like a possessive brat. Leaving Twilight to rethink her actions is probably not all that bad

That's one of the many reasons why I started this fanfic in the first place. And once more, I find myself questioning why I should be assimilated into the side that says "Twilight deserves it". Just like in "What Have You Done?" when the Elements reject their Bearers for breaking their promise, the citizens of Canterlot will now reject their Princess and the Element Bearers for putting their lives in danger.

Yes. However, if you blame the Infamous 7 for this disaster, you must also blame Twilight for the incident with Sunset Shimmer. Leaving her crown unattended. Or how about with Sombra? Where Twilight nearly screwed over the Crystal Empire because she was too proud to let Spike help her?

Twilight has made just as many mistakes.

• Brohoof 2

There's a difference between taking someone seriously and blindly accepting things with no evidence. A time out is hardly the worst punishment when you act like a petulant child.

IT WAS A BLOODY TIMEOUT! A 2 MINUTE MOMENT TO REFLECT ON HOW IDIOTIC SHE WAS!

That's the point of a timeout!

What state?! All she knew was that Twilight had just acted like a possessive brat. Leaving Twilight to rethink her actions is probably not all that bad

Yes. However, if you blame the Infamous 7 for this disaster, you must also blame Twilight for the incident with Sunset Shimmer. Leaving her crown unattended. Or how about with Sombra? Where Twilight nearly screwed over the Crystal Empire because she was too proud to let Spike help her?

Twilight has made just as many mistakes.

the answer is simple: they DID not listen to her

the answer is simple: they DID not listen to her

They did, they listened to her problems and didn't immediately dismiss them...until Shining Armor debunked them completely and Chrysalis ran out crying. 

If they had blindly believed, that would have contradicted the message of Inspiration Manifestation and Bats

• Brohoof 1

They did, they listened to her problems and didn't immediately dismiss them...until Shining Armor debunked them completely and Chrysalis ran out crying. 

If they had blindly believed, that would have contradicted the message of Inspiration Manifestation and Bats

i'm sorry but they did not, they were too busy with the wedding to listen to her, they forgot about Lesson Zero

i'm sorry but they did not, they were too busy with the wedding to listen to her, they forgot about Lesson Zero

How did they not listen to her? They listened to her...then they realized that is was bullshit when Shining Armor debunked it. It wasn't BS, but it looked like it at that point

• Brohoof 1

How did they not listen to her? They listened to her...then they realized that is was bullshit when Shining Armor debunked it. It wasn't BS, but it looked like it at that point

but they abandoned their friend for a stranger someone who they had just met

but they abandoned their friend for a stranger someone who they had just met

Twilight looked like a huge prick. Should they support their friend who acted like a douche? Or should they support the bride crying in the other room?

Also, I do agree with the idea that Chrysalis had to be destroyed, since she is probably also undead and can't really be killed
Sometimes when i see the headcanons some people think about Chrysalis and the changelings i litterally facepalm. 

you two are no longer welcome in this fanfic. Case Closed.
Wow some people call bs on the topic some fanfic writer writes and immediately we say that they are not welcome in the fanfic.

You know what? I remember another fanfic where Celestia actually made Chrysalis go all vegetable state and become retarded with the elements of harmony and i questioned why Celestia did this... I was met with all the world's Celestia apologists in return justifying a litteral brainwashing of Chrysalis that the Elements attempted to make her good. 

Guess what? You're one of those fanfic writer apologists that conjure every and any arguement just because they are biased for liking this fic. 

I myself call bs on how Twilight was able to evaporate Chrysalis and the changelings... because imo if we measure their normal magic skills Chrysalis wins... EVERY TIME. Anyways... you need to respect other people's opinions. 
  • Brohoof 1

Kind of untrue. Chrysalis without love is weaker than Twilight, it's just that when she's jacked up, yeah 
In a general case she does have some kind of love/power with the love of her own subjects. 

Meeehhhh. I don't think it's enough
In general potential she has more than Twilight. She also thinks more about how to defeat an enemy rather than Twilight who is just quick to jump to the elements or on a magic-focused solution. I still believe she was lucky when she defeated her in the comics. 

In general potential she has more than Twilight. She also thinks more about how to defeat an enemy rather than Twilight who is just quick to jump to the elements or on a magic-focused solution. I still believe she was lucky when she defeated her in the comics. 

Not really. The Love Shield owned Chrysalis and that was weaker than Alicorn powered Twilight. That's a large potential difference. 

And no, Chrysalis is a dumbass. Remember her just sitting there, derping and letting the love shield charge up? Remember her revealing her true self when she could have played dumb? Remember her acting like a douche?

Remember her acting like a douche?
There is a slight possibility that she did that on purpose to quell any further attempts at accusing her of being a fake. Twilight fared no better she had weak arguements and got dismissed...

The Love Shield owned Chrysalis and that was weaker than Alicorn powered Twilight.
Uncertain... i don't think we can measure them.

That's a large potential difference. 
One stallion=One alicorn? Get me three stallions and i'll defeat the Equestrian Princesses... i think that says it all.

Remember her just sitting there, derping and letting the love shield charge up?
Remember when MLP didn't feature a deus ex machina victory? Me neither... 

Uncertain... i don't think we can measure them.

It was. If it wasn't, they would have used the love shield against Tirek or Discord

One stallion=One alicorn? Get me three stallions and i'll defeat the Equestrian Princesses... i think that says it all.

You're missing the point. Chrysalis was unable to eat the amount of love in the love shield, which was less than the power Twilight with all three alicorns possessed. Since Twilight didn't explode or overload, she has the potential to reach that level of power when Chrysalis can't

Remember when MLP didn't feature a deus ex machina victory? Me neither... 

Most villains didn't just sit there though

Nightmare Moon shattered the Elements

Discord tried to force choke the Mane 6

Sunset Shimmer tried to nuke them

Sombra tried to eat Spike

Tirek tried to blast them 

(edited)
It was. If it wasn't, they would have used the love shield against Tirek or Discord

Perhaps it is race-specific as the effect suggests.

You're missing the point. Chrysalis was unable to eat the amount of love in the love shield, which was less than the power Twilight with all three alicorns possessed. Since Twilight didn't explode or overload, she has the potential to reach that level of power when Chrysalis can't

I think we have talked about this and it's different than drinking water and having a hose shoved into your mouth.

Nightmare Moon shattered the Elements

Chrysalis stopped them...

Discord tried to force choke the Mane 6

Discord also made a giant target range and said "Fire at Will..."

Sunset Shimmer tried to nuke them Sombra tried to eat Spike Tirek tried to blast them 

Likely it would have happened the same thing with Chrysalis... she did go next to them when they did their spell. Probably it was in vain to stop it and sure i would have appreciated the try but one moment of inactivity doesn't make the difference. Knowing MLP it would be the same result... so to me it doesn't really matter. I attribute this to bad writting if you ask me. Discord also gave up once he saw the he couldn't counter them.

Edited by NioniosTheJust

Chrysalis stopped them...

Not the love shield though

iscord also made a giant target range and said "Fire at Will..."

That was when they were Discorded and as such, unable to use them

Likely it would have happened the same thing with Chrysalis... she did go next to them when they did their spell. Probably it was in vain to stop it and sure i would have appreciated the try but one moment of inactivity doesn't make the difference. Knowing MLP it would be the same result... so to me it doesn't really matter. I attribute this to bad writting if you ask me.

The point is that Chrysalis literally heard them plotting and had no reason to assume it wouldn't work. She had literally just used the same force to defeat Celestia

That would be like Sombra saying dark magic is weak 

Sometimes when i see the headcanons some people think about Chrysalis and the changelings i litterally facepalm. 

Wow some people call bs on the topic some fanfic writer writes and immediately we say that they are not welcome in the fanfic.

You know what? I remember another fanfic where Celestia actually made Chrysalis go all vegetable state and become retarded with the elements of harmony and i questioned why Celestia did this... I was met with all the world's Celestia apologists in return justifying a litteral brainwashing of Chrysalis that the Elements attempted to make her good. 

Guess what? You're one of those fanfic writer apologists that conjure every and any arguement just because they are biased for liking this fic. 

I myself call bs on how Twilight was able to evaporate Chrysalis and the changelings... because imo if we measure their normal magic skills Chrysalis wins... EVERY TIME. Anyways... you need to respect other people's opinions. 

Heh, I was wondering when you'd find this fanfic. Too bad I'm considering deleting it, seeing as I've been getting a lot of heat for what I believe in. I need to respect people's opinions? Perhaps, but it's very much the same on your side of this tennis court. Noodles, Dragon Master and now you are all pressuring me to give in and admit that you're right. I need to be respectful of opinions? Perhaps you should take a look in the mirror before saying such a thing. Why should I have to admit Twilight was wrong in openly confronting the bride? I have just as a good a defense as you do for the Infamous Seven. And that defense, my friend, is that Twilight's brother, whom she loved very much, was in grave danger. She couldn't just sit back and let this sick, twisted new character of her former favorite foalsitter take him away from her.

I've tried my very best to appease both sides here, but I can see it was all a waste of time when people like you stride onto fanfics like this and call bullshit on every chapter. Want to know why I said Noodles and Dragon Master were no longer welcome here? Because their haranguing is only serving to throw me into doubt and make me question the purpose of this fanfic. You sir, are no different. If you want to call bullshit on the opinions of people like myself and Duragan on FiMFiction, who inspired me to make this work, then so be it. But why should I have to suffer for my beliefs?

In fact, it doesn't surprise me you've come to join the bandwagon that exists to criticize and slander me. You're a Chrysalis fanboy, who would say anything to defend her actions. How predictable, says I. 

That was when they were Discorded and as such, unable to use them
He still did the same thing when they were un-discorded.  and waited for them to be used on him.

That would be like Sombra saying dark magic is weak 
I don't understand the comparison...

Oh and if you're saying the thing he said "Love is ridiculous." It's most likely that she said this because she though that as a feeling it was ridiculous not as a power source. Remember before this episode we never knew that love could be a power source. She might also not have known that love could be used by non-changelings as well.

In the end since we can't accurately measure the strength of the changelings... ((in a fic i saw that three changeling Queens were needed to keep Luna busy)) i can't say what could or could not have happened. Also... we are derailing the thread... can we just end this 1000 times repeated discussion? 

In fact, it doesn't surprise me you've come to join the bandwagon that exists to criticize and slander me. You're a Chrysalis fanboy, who would say anything to defend her actions. How predictable, says I. 
I've read many fics and i am not against Chrysalis being evil and all.

I am not against the fic... i just find it hard to believe how Twilight mustered so much power to defeat Chrysalis and her army in one blow... that is all.

I could argue more things but that's just that...

I've tried my very best to appease both sides here, but I can see it was all a waste of time when people like you stride onto fanfics like this and call bullshit on every chapter.
I only did on one point... nothing more nothing less. I am not here to incite a fight between some people. There is always the report button if you feel harassed by someone and you could always add people to the ignore preferencies.

Want to know why I said Noodles and Dragon Master were no longer welcome here? Because their haranguing is only serving to throw me into doubt and make me question the purpose of this fanfic. You sir, are no different. If you want to call bullshit on the opinions of people like myself and Duragan on FiMFiction, who inspired me to make this work, then so be it.
I too dislike internet vendettas and i'm not here to start one... i am not in the same bandwagon with those people and maybe i was a bit too colorful in my descriptions but i still don't believe this. I reserve my opinion to myself though after i have stated it.

Heh, I was wondering when you'd find this fanfic. Too bad I'm considering deleting it, seeing as I've been getting a lot of heat for what I believe in.
You shouldn't... just because you get some heat about it you shouldn't give up. If you feel the opinions here are getting on a dangerous level of harassment do as i told you earlier and report this to the mods. In no way do i wish to harass you here.

I need to respect people's opinions? Perhaps, but it's very much the same on your side of this tennis court. Noodles, Dragon Master and now you are all pressuring me to give in and admit that you're right. I need to be respectful of opinions? Perhaps you should take a look in the mirror before saying such a thing.
I have had a personally clash with mr Dragon Master about Chrysalis and Discord e.t.c. It just seems that whenever we come on the same topic we clash. Don't mind us we're just having a casual friendly clash like Mr and Ms Smith who are actually in love with each other but don't want to admit it :D

Why should I have to admit Twilight was wrong in openly confronting the bride? I have just as a good a defense as you do for the Infamous Seven.
Eh i don't know what infamous seven you are talking about but i don't think that was an issue... in fact i actually expected somewhat a reaction like this from Twilight and not a "Happily Ever After" ending...

Oh and just to mention this i found this topic a long time ago i just didn't comment upon it all that much and ingored it because at that moment i didn't have enough time.

And that defense, my friend, is that Twilight's brother, whom she loved very much, was in grave danger. She couldn't just sit back and let this sick, twisted new character of her former favorite foalsitter take him away from her.
Yes indeed... she didn't know that thought... but i guess it's just a different approach. If you want to know more about this i suggest you watch Antony C and Bronycurious about Canterlot Wedding. I liked it a lot.

In any case i am not trying to sound abusive or harassing, hell i am so close to getting banned forever if i do that i wouldn't even risk it. I am just airing my opinion and in a moment i might have forgotten to make it a wee bit less colorful. I am trying my best not to let my natural liking of Chrysalis not get in the way of me reading this fic. I am not being a changeling apologist, i am not making any arguement refering to her, and in general i'm not questioning how she acts in the general context of this fic. I reserve my own view of Chrysalis' characterization for my headcanon and fanfics. That fair?

Listen, please, EVERYBODY. Now, I understand that everyone here is just expressing their opinions about the story so far, and I do, and will, respect that, but please, can we all just STOP doing that long enough for Firebolt Blitz to at least FINISH the story, which will probably be at least 2-3 more chapters, if that.

I mean, I at least, can see where Firebolt is trying to go with this fic; wanting to put it in a more realistic setting than the show did, and call out, in a way, both Twilight and her loved ones for the misunderstanding. Twilight needed some time to herself to come to the realization that she had acted WAY too rashly in her defense of her brother. But on the other hand, Shining Armor, the Mane 5, Spike, and even Princess Celestia needed to come to the realization of just how much they had actually hurt Twilight by siding with Chrysalis instead. Also, I do still believe that Chrysalis and the Changelings were indeed a threat that needed to be destroyed, because if they had won this time around, then not just Canterlot, but ALL of Equestria could have been overrun and destroyed just to satisfy the Changelings need to feed. So you see, Firebolt is just trying, in my opinion at least, anyway, to play this story out on BOTH ends, that of Twilight and her loved ones.

Besides, there are OTHER fanfics out there that show the aftermath from both ends, such as:

1. A Canterlot Wedding Aftermath, by Black Kyurem, on FIMfiction.net

2. Canterlot Consequences by Kinsfire

3. The Canterlot Healing Process by Twilightsparkle3562

4. Post Nuptuals by Darth Link 22

5. Bitterness by Plcthecd, and even

6. Grave by Dark Colt Sabata, on FIMfiction, now cancelled

I have also read What Have You Done, as well. Each of these deals with the matter in a different way, some focus on Twilight, some on her loved ones, and some even both. The point, though, is that while Twilight's actions with the false bride may have been out of character for her and uncalled for, her brother, her mentor and her friends were no better afterwards. That, folks, is what I can see as the point that Fire bolt is trying to imply here in this story.

So, in all respects, what I am trying to say is, please stop being so point/counterpoint for the time being and allow Fire bolt to bring this story to its', hopefully, successful conclusion, because, I'll admit, I didn't really enjoy it all too much at first, but it grew on me a bit by bit, and now I would like to see what happens at the end, because this story is just Firebolt's opinon of how things probably should have gone in 'ACW', and I appreciate it. And, as I first said, if there are critics who don't like the way Twilight was probably FORCED to play Judge Dredd to stop what had happened before from happening again, well, then that's THEIR problem.

NOT to say that I think they should not be talking some, but at least, perhaps, tone it down just a little and let the story finish out, then see where things go.

As for you Firebolt Blitz, 'Keep Calm and Fanfic On.'

• Brohoof 2

in a more realistic setting
I question the "realistic" part but let's just say that "alternative" is better. Yes at many points realism is enhanced but not everywhere mind you... in any case this is written in a world filled with magic.

Also, I do still believe that Chrysalis and the Changelings were indeed a threat that needed to be destroyed, because if they had won this time around, then not just Canterlot, but ALL of Equestria could have been overrun and destroyed just to satisfy the Changelings need to feed.
You know i am not against the lashing back but you should know that in any case total anihhilation of a species aka genocide is not something you should take lightly... just saying... not siding with the changelings here but i think this subject shouldn't be superficially thought of... because many writers do this mistake.

1. A Canterlot Wedding Aftermath, by Black Kyurem, on FIMfiction.net 2. Canterlot Consequences by Kinsfire 3. The Canterlot Healing Process by Twilightsparkle3562 4. Post Nuptuals by Darth Link 22 5. Bitterness by Plcthecd, and even 6. Grave by Dark Colt Sabata, on FIMfiction, now cancelled
I'll add mine here... http://www.fimfiction.net/story/192819/precious-soul-of-mine if you don't mind. I go by the name Nioniosbbbb in fimfiction.net 

So, in all respects, what I am trying to say is, please stop being so point/counterpoint for the time being and allow Fire bolt to bring this story to its', hopefully, successful conclusion, because, I'll admit, I didn't really enjoy it all too much at first, but it grew on me a bit by bit, and now I would like to see what happens at the end, because this story is just Firebolt's opinon of how things probably should have gone in 'ACW', and I appreciate it.
I'll accept the general thing and no matter if i don't exactly "love" this fanfic i am interested enough to become dedicated into seeint the ending. That is all...

I just hope the changelings don't get exterminated... would be sad... i would accept it nonetheless but i would still somewhat hurt my feelings.

(edited)

We need to put aside the fact the Princess Cadance first introduced as actually an imposter and queen of the changlings as no one, not even Twilight, knew this fact.

---------------------

More there is the fact Twilight supposedly knew Cadance quite well from her youth/foalhood and knew she was a great pony... yet was very quick to accuse her old baby sister of being evil.

Instead of going to her mentor Princess or her brother Shining Armour to voice her concerns in private, to discuss the problem and show her concerns in a more reasonable manner... Twilight.instead barged into the rehearsal, attacked the bride, embarrassed her, and call her evil. This shocking behavior cased the bride too run out of the room n tears.

This would lead to Shining Armour, despite his anger, to show reasonable and logical explanations for each accusation her sister had thrown at' Cadance'. Also he did not disown Twilight but merely revoked her place as best mare and attending to the wedding.

After seeing the bride leave in tears and hearing Shining Armour's explanation of her actions as well as offering their on thoughts and defenses Twilight's friends left her to think on her actions and check on the bride. Princess dCelestia does the same after showing her disapproval of Twilight's action and telling her to think on what she did.

So convincing was the counterargument and the aftermath of her actions that Twilight feared not only losing her brother but a new sister because of her action.

Taking out the fact Twilight was' kind of' right there was nothing I feel unreasonable with the reaction by Twilight's friends, brother, and mentor to her actions. That is way I believe there is reason to disagree with and even criticize this fanfiction as is even though it is not complete.

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 1