Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sad A Canterlot Wedding-The Alternate Ending

Wardaddy

yeah I can see the similarities.

One another note: While I see that everyone has there opinion on the CW incident, I have to side with Twilight half of the story for a few reasons:

1.) She my favorite

2.) While I agree that the way Twi handled wasn't that brightest idea, BUT the way the other Mane 5, Shining, Celestia and Spike (not so much as that others) did to her was WAY OFF! I understand if they're angry heck anyone will be angry but come on! banishing her from the wedding, that going too far, even for them. What's worst is that they didn't even think to talk of look for her during the in-between time (which was how long may I ask?) Even worst off, that Twilight could've died if she didn't find the real Cadence in time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13cleMjbp4Q

This video show one possible route/outcome.

If I was in Twilight's friends shoes...err hooves, I would've talk to her what she was thinking, then depending on what I hear, I might have taken it into consideration that Cadence isn't the real one. But sadly the situation wasn't her favor as Psychotic said in his eariler post. 

3.) Even after all was said and done, NOPONY even aplogize to Twilight after they won. What Celestia said to Twilight after the changing's defeat does NOT count as an apology.

Celestia: "You have a real wedding to put together."

Me:..."seriously" after what YOU girls did back in the rehearel you say that!?!

4.) Worst off, out of all of this, Chrysalis was by far the only villian in the series to actually expose the EoH weakest indirectly, remove Twilight and Equestia is screwed.

Actual in fact, I think his should've happen:

-same as canon until the banishment.

-Twilight prepares to leave Canterlot in depression but accidently falls into the caverns below, finding the real Cadence.

-the changlings station in the caverns attack Twilght but fails then she finds the real Candence

-same as canon while Twilight explains too Candence what happened to her as to why she was leaving the wedding while escaping after 'This day Aria'.

-Candence promised Twilight that she going to have a few words with the family and friends.

-same as canon (for the most part) until chrysalis's defeat.

-Celestia says her line before Twilight snaps and Cadence take the party and demands an explaination.

-everything it settled, same as canon.

-season 3 should've focused more on repairing the destroyed bond with Twilight while keeping the 13 canon episodes in.

Actually that would have filled in the remaining 13 episode slots for season 3 as the canon season 3 was halfway too short.

And I'm done.

I'm sorry, but I may have to disagree with you in some points.

First off, you say that nopony apologized to Twilight prior to the Changelings' defeat. Clearly, that's not true. Applejack apologized on BEHALF of herself and everypony else for not taking Twilight's concerns seriously, even if it never occurred to any of them, including Twilight herself, that Chrysalis had been masquerading as Cadance for some time. Now I know you're gonna argue that it doesn't count, but it actually does, hence the words ON BEHALF.

Secondly, regarding your claim about what Celestia said after the Changelings' defeat, well, news flash, buddy: the lesson she delivered at the end about learning to trust your instincts has often been said as Celestia's way of apologizing, and I have no reason to disbelieve those who have claimed that. So I'm sorry, but you're outta luck on those points. No offense.

Edited by BlueEyedPegasus

None taken, I remember that they said those words. To Me, they felt very weak and somewhat not meaningful. I reason I didn't accept AJ's apology is that I believe that all members of the party should have apology, not just have one on the behalf of all. I understand that if the others were far away from the victim that would've be acceptable but NOT when the said victim is right there, to me that shows they don't what to apologize for their mistake, but again it my opinion on things.

Wow, Chapter 1 seems to have gotten really popular! It's gone above 10 brohoofs and still going! Either my opinion's become popular with the bronies on here, or they're just impressed by the impeccable writing featured throughout. (Not bragging btw. It's something I've been told a lot, that I've got excellent writing and vocab) Either way, I'm very grateful

I know it's not quite the end yet, but a big thank you to all who have enjoyed my fanfic. My mission was to get across how things would've gone down, were the show a little more realistic and gritty, and it seems that all is going well so far. Once again, thanks a million and stay tuned.

None taken, I remember that they said those words. To Me, they felt very weak and somewhat not meaningful. I reason I didn't accept AJ's apology is that I believe that all members of the party should have apology, not just have one on the behalf of all. I understand that if the others were far away from the victim that would've be acceptable but NOT when the said victim is right there, to me that shows they don't what to apologize for their mistake, but again it my opinion on things.

Please don't take this hard, but it appears that your opinions aren't making a valid argument for me. I did not find those words weak or not meaningful at all, and I can still accept Applejack's apology on behalf of herself and everypony, because I feel they all apologized to her symbolically that way.

Typical agree with me or go away. finish the story.

on that note this latest section was a bit melodramatic. I get the point your getting across and its your story so the way your taking it is fine. just this chapter was laying it on way to thick.

Typical agree with me or go away. finish the story.

on that note this latest section was a bit melodramatic. I get the point your getting across and its your story so the way your taking it is fine. just this chapter was laying it on way to thick.

Laying stuff on thick is my specialty, but that's what a fanfic of this type requires. I need to keep on emphasizing the painful aspect of this fanfic in order to remind the readers that it was Shining Armor's the Mane 5's and Celestia's fault that all this was happening. Twilight running off, hurt beyond measure, Cadance throwing the wedding into doubt based on her husband-to-be's actions, and the second assault by the Changelings (which will come in the near future), all this will be their fault, and that's why I have to lay it on thick. You all understand my point, so now the Mane 5, Shining and Celestia have to understand it as well.

Laying stuff on thick is my specialty, but that's what a fanfic of this type requires. I need to keep on emphasizing the painful aspect of this fanfic in order to remind the readers that it was Shining Armor's the Mane 5's and Celestia's fault that all this was happening. Twilight running off, hurt beyond measure, Cadance throwing the wedding into doubt based on her husband-to-be's actions, and the second assault by the Changelings (which will come in the near future), all this will be their fault, and that's why I have to lay it on thick. You all understand my point, so now the Mane 5, Shining and Celestia have to understand it as well.

well then good job. hope to see more of the story.

well then good job. hope to see more of the story.

That you can be assured of. In fact, I might start on the new chapter tomorrow, once I have World of Tanks out of the way.

Chapter 5-Bringing Forth The Bad News

Back in Canterlot, Shining Armor had arrived at the home of his parents, with the orders to inform them of their daughter's disappearance. The tall, white stallion felt very uneasy; he knew that he'd have to tell Night Light and Twilight Velvet everything that had happened, including how he berated Twilight for upsetting his "bride", and he was certain that they would not take it well at all. Still, they had to know, and that came first. With a hard gulp, Shining knocked on the door. It opened to reveal Night Light. "Why Shining! Great to see you again". "Is that my Shining Armor?!" Yelled out Twilight Velvet from the kitchen. The unicorn mare, who bore a mane almost similar to that of Twilight's, raced to the door to greet her son. "Oh honey! I'm so happy to see you, but shouldn't you be at the wedding?" Shining began to feel twice as uneasy. Night Light and Twilight Velvet were clearly delighted to see him, which would make breaking the news to them even harder. "The wedding's been temporarily called off". Said Shining, trying to keep a stiff upper lip and a straight face at the same time. "Oh, well that's a right shame". Said Night Light, disappointed. Finally, Shining decided it was time. With another hard gulp, and some heavy breaths of air, Shining faced his parents once more. "Mom, Dad, I have some bad news for you". "What is it honey?" Asked Velvet, concerned. "It's......best that I tell you inside". Said Shining, who led Night and Velvet into the living room.

Having found himself a place to sit down, Shining gathered what remained of his steely nerves, as well as what was left of his resolve, and prepared to break the news to his parents. "Mom, Dad......" Night and Velvet leaned in close. Whatever news this was obviously wasn't good. "Yes honey?" Asked Velvet. Shining dug deep, before finally letting it roll off his tongue. "Twilight has gone missing".

With those words, the aura around the room, and the three ponies inside it, shattered to pieces. Velvet and Night could barely comprehend what they just heard. "Oh my Celestia! My poor little Twiley!" Cried Velvet in despair. "How did this happen?" Asked Night, shocked. "Well, it's kind of a long story, so I'll start from the beginning". Shining went on to tell his parents of the events of the rehearsal, doing his utmost to retain his composure. On the other hand, the levels of disbelief got worse and worse for both Night and Velvet, as they took in every little bit of Shining's story, especially the part where he scornfully scolded Twilight for upsetting his bride, which in fact wasn't his bride, as well as the parts where Twilight's friends left her to melt into a puddle of misery, with Princess Celestia stabbing the final dagger into her heart by saying what she said. "And that's why all this is happening." Said Shining, who was starting to come apart at the seams. "Twilight's run away, my bride hates me and has called off the wedding, and now I'm even beginning to hear my guards questioning my right to be the captain after that callous display of contempt for my own sister.........my LSBFF, who I love so much and have missed every day before she returned to Canterlot........." Shining couldn't keep it together anymore, but before he could start sobbing, Velvet, who was a inch from breaking down in tears of anguish, cut in. "Shining......how could you?! How could you say such a thing to your own sister?!" "But Mom, please!" Shining tried to protest. "I didn't know that she wasn't the real Cadance! And for Celestia's sake, Twilight was ruthlessly accusing her of being evil, to the point where she upset her! How could you think I wouldn't stand against that?!" "Either way, son" Said Night Light, retaining his own composure, "what you did was utterly disgraceful and unbecoming, given who you are. Two wrongs never make a right, and when I say that, I mean that it does not matter how out of order Twilight was when she confronted the impostor bride, you still had no right to upset her like that, and that goes for everypony. Her friends and, may the Creator forgive me, the Princess herself". "I know Dad" Replied Shining with a hefty sigh. "Now, if I were you, son, I'd be thinking about what to say to your sister when the time to apologize comes, and you should also be thinking about the proper time to do that. If this apology does not come without heart, or feeling, then I swear by the Creator son, she will never forgive you, and the same goes for her friends and Princess Celestia. You are all responsible for this, and therefore it is only right and proper that a truly heartfelt apology is delivered, if you want Twilight to come around. Do I make myself clear, Shining Armor?" Asked Night sternly. "Yes Dad." Replied Shining sadly. With that, Night Light turned to comfort his wife, leaving Shining to return to the palace in shame. Without a doubt, his parents did not take the news well at all, and with the warning still buzzing in his head like a flock of angry parasprites, Shining began walking back to the palace.

Meanwhile, business was as normal in Ponyville, only a long wall had been constructed around the outskirts of the town, with sentries keeping a watch on the surround (and the skies) and unicorn royal guards generating a shield spell with their combined magic, before going on break to allow the next battery of unicorns to keep the shield going. One sentry by the name of Sniper had locked a firm, watchful eye on the skies ahead of the Everfree Forest. To his left, a royal guard by the name of Scimitar joined him at his post. "Hey Sniper!" Said Scimitar. "Oh, hey Scimitar." Replied Sniper, who returned his gaze to the sky. "See anything?" Asked Scimitar. "Nothing." Replied Sniper "Just a regular clear blue sky. Looks like the pegasi were busy today". "Yeah" Said Scimitar. "Too bad they can't help with sky patrols". "Well" Chimed in Sniper, "they would, but........" Sniper saw something in the sky directly in front of him. It looked like a small, black speck, and it was coming in fast. "What is that?" Asked Sniper. "It looks like a....." Before Scimitar could finish his words, the two royal guard's eyes went wide. The black speck was identified as their target, unfortunately it was too late to stop them. "IIIIIIIINCOMIIIIIIIING!" Yelled out Sniper, who joined Scimitar on the ground just as the speck hit.

Inside Ponyville, the atmosphere quickly changed to one of terror, as the citizens of Ponyville began rushing back to their homes for cover. Those who were accompanied by foals were having a tough time getting them to keep up, as they were too busy staring upwards at the Changeling horde with mixed emotions. Finally, after a series of repeated hits, combined with the sucking of the shield's energy by unicorn Changelings, the shield collapsed, leaving the Changelings to bombard Ponyville with dive-bomb strikes, attacking everypony they had cornered. As the Changelings had anticipated, the Royal Guard garrison was slow to react, but those who were quick on their hooves had already rushed down from the parapets, engaging any Changeling within their reach. The situation was no different at the library, where Cadance and the Mane 5 were looking around for clues, trying to piece together where Twilight may have gone. For them, it was an inconvenience that Twilight did not stay at the library, but thinking about it from Twilight's perspective made it a little more understandable. For the time being, all was quiet, until Rainbow Dash heard screaming outside. As quickly as she could, she threw open the kitchen curtains to see the chaos outside. Ponies were running for their lives as the Changelings pounded into the ground, instantly giving chase afterwards. Also, the small number of Royal Guards who could be seen fighting the Changelings were rapidly overwhelmed, each one experiencing different fates. Quickly, Rainbow shut the curtains again, before turning to face Cadance. "Uh, Princess? I think we got a problem". Before Cadance could respond, there was a loud bushy sound from above, before something smashed through the roof of the library, crashing into the space between Cadance and Rainbow, sending wood and dust flying everywhere. Frightened, the girls and Spike hurriedly began clearing the dust from their vision, before seeing an empty space where Cadance used to be. She was gone, and the girls couldn't see who took her. "Oh mah Celestia! Cadance is gon'!" Cried Applejack in shock and horror. "What happened to her?!" Cried Rarity. "I think I know". Said Rainbow, concerned. She opened the front door, once more facing the carnage outside. Buildings were burning, ponies, royal guards and Changelings were lying everywhere, wounded, and the vast mass of Changelings that attacked Ponyville were now leaving, their prisoners dangling from their hooves. Among the captured was Cadance, who was knocked out by the Changelings immediately after they smashed into the library. "This could be bad". Said Rainbow, stunned. "No Sugarcube". Replied Applejack. "This has gotten worse".

Edited by ~Psychotic Blitz~
  • Brohoof 1

"No Sugarcube". Replied Applejack. "This has gotten worse".

That's putting it mildly AJ, great chapter Blitz!

Thanks for the review. Because the Changelings came back and attacked with such strength and speed, I wanted to reflect the amount of shock the Mane 5 were left in. In AJ's case, I didn't think there would be much she could say, but she's definitely right about one thing: the situation will get worse from here, just as I have planned. 

Very well-written. After the events of the Canterlot Wedding, I'm surprised Twilight didn't do this in the original canon.

Thanks. As unfortunate as it is that it didn't happen in canon, it wouldn't go down well with the show's key demographic. However, that's where fanfiction and a certain brony's keen mind come in.

Now, this is really one hellfire of an alternative ending to the season 2 finale. This is so much more realistic than the actual finale in part 2 my a long shot, if "A Canterlot Wedding" was made into an actual movie or maybe even a trilogy or a 4-5 part mini-series like with "Green With Evil" in Power Rangers, this would've made a lot more sense and probably the best episode in the entire show hands-down.

Not having something like this in canon to the show is a real buzz kill to me; even though Twilight was at fault as much as her friends, brother and mentor during the rehearsal incident, whenever I come back to any of the alternative ending fanfics surrounding "A Canterlot Wedding" like this one, I was always thinking of those that shattered Twilight's heart as the real culprits.

As for the chapter, this really had me on the edge of my seat there. Looks like Night Light and Twilight Velvet really didn't take the news about their daughter running away caused by those closet to her too well and I can only imagine how much things are going to get worse and worse with Cadence's capture. If it's what I think it is, I have lost all faith in Celestia, Shining Armor, Spike and the Mane 5 until they can redeem themselves somehow. Excellent work there, dude.

Now, this is really one hellfire of an alternative ending to the season 2 finale. This is so much more realistic than the actual finale in part 2 my a long shot, if "A Canterlot Wedding" was made into an actual movie or maybe even a trilogy or a 4-5 part mini-series like with "Green With Evil" in Power Rangers, this would've made a lot more sense and probably the best episode in the entire show hands-down.

Not having something like this in canon to the show is a real buzz kill to me; even though Twilight was at fault as much as her friends, brother and mentor during the rehearsal incident, whenever I come back to any of the alternative ending fanfics surrounding "A Canterlot Wedding" like this one, I was always thinking of those that shattered Twilight's heart as the real culprits.

As for the chapter, this really had me on the edge of my seat there. Looks like Night Light and Twilight Velvet really didn't take the news about their daughter running away caused by those closet to her too well and I can only imagine how much things are going to get worse and worse with Cadence's capture. If it's what I think it is, I have lost all faith in Celestia, Shining Armor, Spike and the Mane 5 until they can redeem themselves somehow. Excellent work there, dude.

Thanks so much! This all began when I read the other alternate endings/epilogues floating around on the interwebz, and I didn't feel that they were quite up to scratch, so I decided to make my own alternate ending. One that would truly evoke the pain Twilight suffered at the hooves of everypony she loved, one that would truly put the ponies responsible in their place, and finally, one that would surpass all others in terms of believability, suspense, tear-jerking, heart-throbbing and the most deserving of a place in FiM canon. And thus, the fanfic was born!

Now, with Cadance's capture, the first phase of Chrysalis's plan is complete. All she has to do now is wait for the bulk of the Canterlot Royal Guard garrison to make for Ponyville, before attacking the city with full force in order to lure the Mane 6 (Twilight included) out, and then with the latter captured as well, Chrys can pick up where she left off by infiltrating Canterlot, draining Shining Armor of his love, imprisoning the Princesses, and basically laying waste to Canterlot. Only this time, there would be nopony left to save the day, and only then would Shining, Celestia, and the Mane 5 realize the magnitude of their sins. If only they had believed Twilight, then all of this could've been avoided. That was the punishment I deemed necessary for them at the beginning of this fanfic: a total case of dejavu. Chrysalis's revenge: a hostile takeover of Canterlot. What better way to open the eyes that were blind? (Says I)

• Brohoof 1

Thanks so much! This all began when I read the other alternate endings/epilogues floating around on the interwebz, and I didn't feel that they were quite up to scratch, so I decided to make my own alternate ending. One that would truly evoke the pain Twilight suffered at the hooves of everypony she loved, one that would truly put the ponies responsible in their place, and finally, one that would surpass all others in terms of believability, suspense, tear-jerking, heart-throbbing and the most deserving of a place in FiM canon. And thus, the fanfic was born!

Now, with Cadance's capture, the first phase of Chrysalis's plan is complete. All she has to do now is wait for the bulk of the Canterlot Royal Guard garrison to make for Ponyville, before attacking the city with full force in order to lure the Mane 6 (Twilight included) out, and then with the latter captured as well, Chrys can pick up where she left off by infiltrating Canterlot, draining Shining Armor of his love, imprisoning the Princesses, and basically laying waste to Canterlot. Only this time, there would be nopony left to save the day, and only then would Shining, Celestia, and the Mane 5 realize the magnitude of their sins. If only they had believed Twilight, then all of this could've been avoided. That was the punishment I deemed necessary for them at the beginning of this fanfic: a total case of dejavu. Chrysalis's revenge: a hostile takeover of Canterlot. What better way to open the eyes that were blind? (Says I)

If it means getting the entire debate about whose at fault for the near-downfall of Equestria the first time over with and to make those naggers who were bashing Twilight for her rushed actions at the rehearsal when she's only trying to warn her friends, brother and mentor about the danger already in Canterlot see that from the very start of the phony/fake wedding, her friends, Shining Armor and Celestia were solely the ones to blame, then we'll all be happy to put it to rest and it'll be worth it in the end cause I'm really digging this fic. It's only 5 chapters but this could easily top all of the other ACW fanfics, hands down. It's as simple as that; as you said, when we bring the invasion down to the root of the problem, it's not Twilight that should be blamed even though she's much at fault in the problem but mainly those she cared for deeply as they cast aside her warnings and berated her for her actions, all for Shining Armor's wedding. What Night Light rings at his son is definitely true, two wrongs truly don't make a right.

If they were to be forgiven by all of Equestria at any point should they redeem themselves and the events of the rehearsal were released to everypony, then I guess they should not only feel the pain and torture that Twilight felt (as you've done, brilliantly by the way) but also some harsh but sensible words towards them as they were told to by someone who had a run-in with them before the called-off wedding and Chrysalis' second assault. Heck, I would give them a tongue-lashing myself just as Twilight and Cadence had for trowing away their duties and responsibilities to the greater good for the wedding

Frankly, their talk with someone who dealt with the Changelings before if Equestria should still stand would remind me very much like the scenes with Karou and Megumi from Rurouni Kenshin after Kenshin Himura's departure to Kyoto and after He and his friends won the war against Makoto Shishio for the sake of Twilight should anything like the double assault that Chrysalis pulled: the first attack which failed miserably and the oncoming second invasion.

• Brohoof 1

If it means getting the entire debate about whose at fault for the near-downfall of Equestria the first time over with and to make those naggers who were bashing Twilight for her rushed actions at the rehearsal when she's only trying to warn her friends, brother and mentor about the danger already in Canterlot see that from the very start of the phony/fake wedding, her friends, Shining Armor and Celestia were solely the ones to blame, then we'll all be happy to put it to rest and it'll be worth it in the end cause I'm really digging this fic. It's only 5 chapters but this could easily top all of the other ACW fanfics, hands down. It's as simple as that; as you said, when we bring the invasion down to the root of the problem, it's not Twilight that should be blamed even though she's much at fault in the problem but mainly those she cared for deeply as they cast aside her warnings and berated her for her actions, all for Shining Armor's wedding. What Night Light rings at his son is definitely true, two wrongs truly don't make a right.

If they were to be forgiven by all of Equestria at any point should they redeem themselves and the events of the rehearsal were released to everypony, then I guess they should not only feel the pain and torture that Twilight felt (as you've done, brilliantly by the way) but also some harsh but sensible words towards them as they were told to by someone who had a run-in with them before the called-off wedding and Chrysalis' second assault. Heck, I would give them a tongue-lashing myself just as Twilight and Cadence had for trowing away their duties and responsibilities to the greater good for the wedding

Frankly, their talk with someone who dealt with the Changelings before if Equestria should still stand would remind me very much like the scenes with Karou and Megumi from Rurouni Kenshin after Kenshin Himura's departure to Kyoto and after He and his friends won the war against Makoto Shishio for the sake of Twilight should anything like the double assault that Chrysalis pulled: the first attack which failed miserably and the oncoming second invasion.

Dude, wow. That is the exact reason why I started this fanfic. I wanted to give everypony on both sides of this conflict some much-needed closure, seeing as how the show failed to. Because Twilight already knows what would have happened if she were wrong about Cadance, I do not need to deal with her. It is the group that I hereby dub as "The Infamous Eight" that I need to work around, to show them up as the vagrants they are. Stay tuned, because coming up next will be Chapter 6-All Is Lost

• Brohoof 2

Dude, wow. That is the exact reason why I started this fanfic. I wanted to give everypony on both sides of this conflict some much-needed closure, seeing as how the show failed to. Because Twilight already knows what would have happened if she were wrong about Cadance, I do not need to deal with her. It is the group that I hereby dub as "The Infamous Eight" that I need to work around, to show them up as the vagrants they are. Stay tuned, because coming up next will be Chapter 6-All Is Lost

Yeah, sorry to go deep there man. I'm just got myself enticed to the fanfic, I love this story out of all the alternative endings/epilogues on the season 2 finale. I'm just as annoyed as you are with the argument at hand about the finale so in that respect, I had to somehow get the nagging feeling off of my chest, you really know how to hit the high points of what the show left out, a sense of trust and betrayal and karma. "The Infamous Eight", that definitely suits the ones who shattered Twilight's heart and brought Equestria to it's near demise. I couldn't have picked a more suitable name myself but I can't think of any at the moment. I'm willing to see an animated adaptation of this fic in the near-future if anybody's will to make it, I would kill to see it because I love this fanfic. Right now, I'd give this story top marks, 10/10 but if I want to, I can give it 1,000,000,000/10. You rock.  :wub:

Well there went any interest I had in this story. balanced view? Not hardly, this is just more twilight was right and any actions on her part was perfect and any actions against her was Obviously wrong. no body here can put themselves in the place of the Infamous seven not by a long shot. this story is noting more than a stretched out O everyone is so evil for not believing twilight and any kind of backlash on her will spell the doom of equestria. after all they dared question the wisdom of the infallible twilight sparkle.

• Brohoof 1

Well there went any interest I had in this story. balanced view? Not hardly, this is just more twilight was right and any actions on her part was perfect and any actions against her was Obviously wrong. no body here can put themselves in the place of the Infamous seven not by a long shot. this story is noting more than a stretched out O everyone is so evil for not believing twilight and any kind of backlash on her will spell the doom of equestria. after all they dared question the wisdom of the infallible twilight sparkle.

Twilight's actions were just as bad as the Infamous Seven (Seven because we can excuse Spike. He's only a child for Celestia's sake), and that is something I will never deny, but the problem is that those who side with the Seven need to be shown what would have happened had Twilight been murdered, instead of imprisoned. And what would happen? Simple, Chrysalis would win, and that's what's going to happen in this chapter.

Just be thankful you chose to hide behind the context of the show rather than look into the reality of the situation. The reality is that Twilight was verbally scarred by the Infamous Seven, and if Chrysalis were more lethal than she was presented as in the show, then Twilight would've lost her life, and soon, all of Equestria would have followed behind her. But because of the fact that it was MLP that this took place in, none of this happened, you see no reason to believe in the reality, and are quite happy with the feeble apology Applejack delivered after they had been captured.

Well, I, along with BlueEyedPegasus, draph91 and a few others are realists, and we know exactly what would've happened were the show a little more realistic. Twilight could have dealt with the situation better than she did, but that does NOT excuse how the Infamous Seven acted. They placed their sister, friend, and faithful student, along with themselves and an entire kingdom in mortal danger. We all saw and heard Chrysalis, and how much of a threat she was to the life of Equestria. She wanted to take over all of Equestria AND she managed to beat Princess Celestia, the one pony nopony thought could be beaten. Clearly, with the love she siphoned from Shining Armor, her strength and powers were drastically increased, and that in itself is how much of a threat she posed to Equestria at the time. Knowing that, then if Twilight had been killed, and if Cadance had never made it out of the caves, then  Equestria, and everypony in it, would've been doomed. All you've got to do is think! Not from the perspective of the Seven, but from the overall insight with a pair of realistic eyes. Come on like, it's no wonder Twilight was vital to Equestria's safety. She's the bloody protagonist for God's sake!

• Brohoof 1

Ok twilight is the protagonist Obvious! why dose that give her free rain to act any way she wants and get no backlash?  lets face it if that situation was being handled realistically the wedding would even be going on.  Got a question for you how did Equestria Get a long all them years before the all powerful wise and never ever wrong twilight?  Being the main Protagonist dose not excuse bad behavior. as long as we are going with what if's again I ask what if that was the real cadence and she was having a hard time planning everything and worrying about the danger so great her husband had to put up a shield around the entire city. consider what if she just called her best fowl sitter evil? I know your going to fall back on but it wasn't the real cadence. that's not the point. the point is would peoples reaction be so bad if crystal... chees legs wasn't even involved?  I really don't Believe you realize  how insulting twilight was. the fact that she was correct is not the point at all. if that was the real cadence twilight would have had given the same heart felt apology and cadence would have forgiven her. and she would be back in the wedding. even with it being the fake Candace you still can't or wont take as that was the real one. as everyone else believed she was. none of them saw or noticed that the fake Candace was acting a bit off. because it was necessary for the story that only Twilight noticed. realistically  if she was behaving that off she would have been spotted a lot earlier.

Edited by Noodles

Ok twilight is the protagonist Obvious! why dose that give her free rain to act any way she wants and get no backlash?  lets face it if that situation was being handled realistically the wedding would even be going on.  Got a question for you how did Equestria Get a long all them years before the all powerful wise and never ever wrong twilight?  Being the main Protagonist dose not excuse bad behavior. as long as we are going with what if's again I ask what if that was the real cadence and she was having a hard time planning everything and worrying about the danger so great her husband had to put up a shield around the entire city. consider what if she just called her best fowl sitter evil? I know your going to fall back on but it wasn't the real cadence. that's not the point. the point is would peoples reaction be so bad if crystal... chees legs wasn't even involved?  I really don't Believe you realize  how insulting twilight was. the fact that she was correct is not the point at all. if that was the real cadence twilight would have had given the same heart felt apology and cadence would have forgiven her. and she would be back in the wedding. even with it being the fake Candace you still can't or wont take as that was the real one. as everyone else believed she was. none of them saw or noticed that the fake Candace was acting a bit off. because it was necessary for the story that only Twilight noticed. realistically  if she was behaving that off she would have been spotted a lot earlier.

Obviously, if Twilight did turn out to be wrong, then I wouldn't be too happy with her either, and I'm not excusing her either. Don't you dare think for a minute I'm excusing her because she's the protagonist. In fact, if that WAS the real Cadance, I too would be outraged and angry, to the point where I'd call for an apology from Twilight. Furthermore, if it turned out exactly like this, then I'd be compelled to write a fanfiction where Shining Armor, in the midst of his speech, tells Twilight that he never wants to see her again until she apologizes for her actions, leading to Twilight isolating herself frm everypony. After maybe a few weeks, Shining would come to see her post-wedding just to check on how she's doing, and if she's ready to apologize, and after Twilight cries out "YES!" and almost bear-hugs her brother, Twilight apologizes to Cadance and Pinkie throws a party. Yada-yada-yada, instant mulligan.

The point is that while I argue that the Infamous Seven's actions were more callous than Twilight's, she was no better. She basically bullied a princess (A princess for Celestia's sake!) to tears and accused her of being evil, without the slightest bit of proof to back up her claims. I hope you and I are on the same page when I say that if I were Shining Armor, I'd be just as angry at Twi. In fact, I'm beginning to consider myself lucky that Queen Chrysalis (Take note of that name for future reference btw) was involved, otherwise I would never be able to look at Twilight like I did before the incident. So yeah, I'm not ignorant of the circumstances that would come about were Twilight wrong. But don't worry, I don't hate you for thinking me a fool, devout to exonerating Twilight when she too would've been at fault, had the situation gone against her. I'm simply writing my own alternate ending, drawing inspiration from other alternate endings/epilogues floating around the Internet. I've made my choice to stand by Twilight, and while it's not necessarily something I'd die for, it's something I'd defend alright.  

Obviously, if Twilight did turn out to be wrong, then I wouldn't be too happy with her either, and I'm not excusing her either. Don't you dare think for a minute I'm excusing her because she's the protagonist. In fact, if that WAS the real Cadance, I too would be outraged and angry, to the point where I'd call for an apology from Twilight. Furthermore, if it turned out exactly like this, then I'd be compelled to write a fanfiction where Shining Armor, in the midst of his speech, tells Twilight that he never wants to see her again until she apologizes for her actions, leading to Twilight isolating herself frm everypony. After maybe a few weeks, Shining would come to see her post-wedding just to check on how she's doing, and if she's ready to apologize, and after Twilight cries out "YES!" and almost bear-hugs her brother, Twilight apologizes to Cadance and Pinkie throws a party. Yada-yada-yada, instant mulligan.

The point is that while I argue that the Infamous Seven's actions were more callous than Twilight's, she was no better. She basically bullied a princess (A princess for Celestia's sake!) to tears and accused her of being evil, without the slightest bit of proof to back up her claims. I hope you and I are on the same page when I say that if I were Shining Armor, I'd be just as angry at Twi. In fact, I'm beginning to consider myself lucky that Queen Chrysalis (Take note of that name for future reference btw) was involved, otherwise I would never be able to look at Twilight like I did before the incident. So yeah, I'm not ignorant of the circumstances that would come about were Twilight wrong. But don't worry, I don't hate you for thinking me a fool, devout to exonerating Twilight when she too would've been at fault, had the situation gone against her. I'm simply writing my own alternate ending, drawing inspiration from other alternate endings/epilogues floating around the Internet. I've made my choice to stand by Twilight, and while it's not necessarily something I'd die for, it's something I'd defend alright.  

I really don't wanna bring this up again, but when you REALLY think about it hard enough, there was absolutely NO WAY Twilight could have gathered any evidence in this case. With that in mind, the very least her own peers could do is give her accusations some consideration. Besides, Twilight did NOT bully a princess at all. She was doing what was most likely the only choice she had. Again, I bring this up because I just can't get upset about Twilight's actions in that scene, most likely because, like Rainbow Dash saving other ponies in danger, it seems like a perfectly natural thing to do. Furthermore, if you were gonna get upset like her peers in that scene, I would suggest you NEVER EVER ban Twilight from the wedding. In my mind, anybody who defends the actions of Twilight's peers in that scene is a genuinely heartless fool, and I know you're not that kinda person. Plus, if there's anything more I should point out, it's that Twilight only appeared to screw up because of the fake Cadance. You see what I'm saying? It's NOT Twilight's fault at all, despite her hostility earlier on. Twilight did NOT do anything to get alienated. It was Chrysalis' actions and Chrysalis' actions alone. Am I making myself clear?

(edited)

I really don't wanna bring this up again, but when you REALLY think about it hard enough, there was absolutely NO WAY Twilight could have gathered any evidence in this case. With that in mind, the very least her own peers could do is give her accusations some consideration. Besides, Twilight did NOT bully a princess at all. She was doing what was most likely the only choice she had. Again, I bring this up because I just can't get upset about Twilight's actions in that scene, most likely because, like Rainbow Dash saving other ponies in danger, it seems like a perfectly natural thing to do. Furthermore, if you were gonna get upset like her peers in that scene, I would suggest you NEVER EVER ban Twilight from the wedding. In my mind, anybody who defends the actions of Twilight's peers in that scene is a genuinely heartless fool, and I know you're not that kinda person. Plus, if there's anything more I should point out, it's that Twilight only appeared to screw up because of the fake Cadance. You see what I'm saying? It's NOT Twilight's fault at all, despite her hostility earlier on. Twilight did NOT do anything to get alienated. It was Chrysalis' actions and Chrysalis' actions alone. Am I making myself clear?

Actually, yeah. How could I have forgotten that? Twilight was only made to look a foal who had gone on a temper tantrum because of Fake Cadance. In this case, there was NO evidence she could've collected, and thus she had no choice but to confront Fake Cadance openly. Shining Armor was under mind control; of course he would berate Twilight that harshly, but the Mane 5? what they did was just cold. Walking out on their friend, the one responsible for bringing them all together, with indignant looks on their faces, without the slightest bit of a care. However, what Celestia did has to top them all. From what I can see, no one cares for Twilight as much as Celestia does. I mean, look who took Twi under her wing after that sudden burst of raw magical power? Who sent Twi to Ponyville to study the magic of friendship? And who, exactly, entrusted Twilight and her friends with Equestria's ONLY means of defense? That's right: Celestia. The way she treated Twilight is absolutely disgraceful for somepony of her character, AND somepony of her status. The way Twily looked afterwards just says it all, doesn't it?

post-12900-0-52255800-1388590244_thumb.png

• Brohoof 2

Actually, yeah. How could I have forgotten that? Twilight was only made to look a foal who had gone on a temper tantrum because of Fake Cadance. In this case, there was NO evidence she could've collected, and thus she had no choice but to confront Fake Cadance openly. Shining Armor was under mind control; of course he would berate Twilight that harshly, but the Mane 5? what they did was just cold. Walking out on their friend, the one responsible for bringing them all together, with indignant looks on their faces, without the slightest bit of a care. However, what Celestia did has to top them all. From what I can see, no one cares for Twilight as much as Celestia does. I mean, look who took Twi under her wing after that sudden burst of raw magical power? Who sent Twi to Ponyville to study the magic of friendship? And who, exactly, entrusted Twilight and her friends with Equestria's ONLY means of defense? That's right: Celestia. The way she treated Twilight is absolutely disgraceful for somepony of her character, AND somepony of her status. The way Twily looked afterwards just says it all, doesn't it?

attachicon.gifloop__sad_sparkle_by_mattyhex-d4ym8ww.png

I couldn't agree more. Of course, it probably isn't my place to say, but it's not the first time Celestia ever got angry at Twilight. The first time we ever saw that happen was in "Lesson Zero", which may I remind you is when Celestia had a more JUSTIFIED reason to be angry at her star student. Not only that, but as I've pointed out many times before, the lesson that Twilight's peers learned from that episode really does seem forgotten by them in "A Canterlot Wedding". It's even lampshaded in part 2 by the part with Chrysalis gloating to Twilight's friends about how they let their wedding planning go to their heads to such an extent that they forgot to give Twilight's doubts even a smidget of consideration, along with Applejack apologizing on everypony's behalf right after that. It really bugs me how some viewers don't seem to wanna face that straight on, instead thinking that such a part should have been explored more deeply on the characters' part. Also, as much as I hate to admit it, one side of me can't help but feel that Celestia being defeated by Chrysalis was KARMA for Celestia for not believing Twilight earlier on. You can probably imagine some viewers going "Who has a lot to think about now?!"

• Brohoof 1