Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I´d need some help, please :3

Friendship_Cannon

Well, I finally got around coming up with an OC.

(after over an year in this fandom -.-, yea...)

Now, I am terrible at coming up with names, so... if anyone has an idea, please let me know!

post-18988-0-54011500-1378247634_thumb.p

This is him

(artwork done by Casy, check out her comission thread!)

A bit info in the spoiler:

He is a 21 year old earth pony (colt, stallion, whatever the right word is derp), about average height, slightly muscular, more of the runner type, though. His mane and tail are a darker grey tone, as well as the fur around his hooves, his coat has a aqua-blue tone (I dont even know what this color is called, cyan?), his eyes are of a soft golden tone. The cutie mark is a note with a golden tail wrapped around a heart. Around his neck he has a silver medaillon.

He was very shy (no cruel backstory -.-) until he found out how music brings his dreams to color and how to share the happyness/ freedom this gives him with others. He´s not an artists for any matter, he can rather motivate others, relate to their feelings and try to solve some of their problems by listening and helping them find out who they are/ wanna be. This can go so far that he overdoes it by just being annoyingly insistent, in this cases he needs to be talked to seriously and he will see his mistakes, it is not meant to be affecting anyone.

So, if anyone has an idea I´d <3 to hear it.

Thanks a lot :3.

Edited by Friendship_Cannon
  • Brohoof 8

How about Treble Cleft (intentional mispelling)? Due to the musical cutie mark. Although his cutie mark is not in fact a Treble Clef, and the spelling is different, the cleft part is intended to make him sound masculine. (You know, cleft chin?) Just a thought.

Edited by Full Spectrum
  • Brohoof 1

How about Stacatto Heart (sorry if I spelt Stacatto wrong. :/)? You said he is fast and uses music, so Stacatto seems like a good first name. You also said that he gives happiness and freedom to others, so Heart could work for a last name. Hope this helps! :)

• Brohoof 1

How about Treble Cleft (intentional mispelling)? Due to the musical cutie mark. Although his cutie mark is not in fact a Treble Clef, and the spelling is different, the cleft part is intended to make him sound masculine. (You know, cleft chin?) Just a thought.

Nice name, but I kinda don´t really like the name Cleft, it sounds masculine, but at the same time not really appealing to me :/. Thanks for the idea, though.

How about Stacatto Heart (sorry if I spelt Stacatto wrong. :/)? You said he is fast and uses music, so Stacatto seems like a good first name. You also said that he gives happiness and freedom to others, so Heart could work for a last name. Hope this helps! :)

Good thought, I actually thought about inculding "heart" in the name (though Staccato wouldn´t work so well, it more refers to a music style I dont like that much, and sounds not that appealing, again).

Mellow Breeze because because he sounds very calm. It may sound a bit more for a female's name... What do you think?

That is actually a pretty nice name, again. It sounds a bit female, yea, maybe, and maybe just a bit too calm to fit perfectly but I like it. 

I think I might combine something from your suggestions and own ideas, thanks a lot for the ideas and advice <3.

I'm not good at coming up with names either, but how about Silver Crotchet? You know, silver because of the colors, and crotchet because his cutie mark seems to be a quarter note, aka crotchet.

• Brohoof 1

I came up with a better one than Mellow Breeze.

Acoustic Heart. I read in your replies to other posts that you wanted the word heart in his name so yeah.

The definition for acoustic:

1. Relating to sound or sense of hearing

2. Of music or musical intruments.

Edited by Candy Blaze
  • Brohoof 1

There's a link there with the word beat since it's both musical and cardioid (heart related) so perhaps just simply "Heart beat" (two words, not one as heartbeat is your pulse)

• Brohoof 1

I'm not good at coming up with names either, but how about Silver Crotchet? You know, silver because of the colors, and crotchet because his cutie mark seems to be a quarter note, aka crotchet.

I came up with a better one than Mellow Breeze.

Acoustic Heart. I read in your replies to other posts that you wanted the word heart in his name so yeah.

The definition for acoustic:

1. Relating to sound or sense of hearing

2. Of music or musical intruments.

Impressive, the design is just simply amazing!

The cutie mark is awesome, the color is genuine, it's amazing.

Well done and love the OC. 

There's a link there with the word beat since it's both musical and cardioid (heart related) so perhaps just simply "Heart beat" (two words, not one as heartbeat is your pulse)

Thank you all, Acoustic Heart sounds pretty appealing, just as Heart Beat, just for this simplicity it has alone.

I think i will pick a combination of those, you guys are really helping :3, ty!

@Metal, thanks a lot, but the artist had a great part at that, I just had the idea for the colors and the general character and this is what came from it <3

• Brohoof 2

That's very nice! I thought of a few names:

Sweet Energy

Simple Tune

Consistency

Clear Bell

Musical Clarity

Harmonious Heart

Melodious Flow

I might think of more later.

Edited by True Rarity