Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Making OCs with Pony Creators

PonyRocker95

Anyone see the new new Pony Creator General Zoi made? Pony Creator v3 as it is called. It looks really good if you want to do something like the analyze vids that Digi Brony, Ink Rose, and KP but I was really disappointed that  he could't or didn't add the current mane and tail I'm using on my OC Alona. :( What do you think of the new version?

Knock, knock! Housekeeping! :)

SolarFox here, just a quick note. In our never-ending quest for a cleaner forum, we have decided to merge two pony creator threads. Below are links to another pony creator, courtesy of Ice Charmer.

3 easy steps to make your own pony!

1- go find your pony race here! http://www.quotev.com/quiz/2219425/Are-you-a-Pegasus-unicorn-or-an-Earth-pony/

2- go here to find your pony name  http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/namegen/14900/#.UqIkbxaaEps

3- and go here to make your own pony  :D  http://generalzoi.deviantart.com/art/Pony-Creator-Full-Version-254295904

**you can take a cutie mark on google  :)

thanks!!!  :)

Ice Charmer 

***I don't speak so much in english don't pay attention to my errors plz!!  :)

So go ahead and make some ponies of your own! 

Edited by SolarFox
Added OP from a merged thread
  • Brohoof 2

I didn't know about this actually! Thanks for informing me :)

Though, I don't really use the pony creator since I prefer to have images of OCs that I have drawn myself or others have drawn, instead of generated pictures.

About the v3, I think it's better than the last one since it's a nice design and there's a couple of things added

I tried to use it, but I couldn't press the arrow button to look at the rest of the manes and tails...I'm sure it was my laptop acting up or if it was just a glitch.

They look more like the ponies in the show...but still don't exactly look it.

It's okay, I suppose, comes in handy for deciding color schemes. 

I havent even tried it yet actually, hmm I do wonder if it will be a android version in the future so I can use it on my tablet :)

In what way is it good for them analyze vid makers? Elaborate if you can :D

It's good for that kind of thing because you can actually change the direction in which the pony is looking and he added new backrounds.

I tried to use it, but I couldn't press the arrow button to look at the rest of the manes and tails...I'm sure it was my laptop acting up or if it was just a glitch.

You don't use the arrows (sadly) you have to drag the pics left and right to view all of them. (which I really don't like to do because it makes my hand cramp if I do it to much.)

You don't use the arrows (sadly) you have to drag the pics left and right to view all of them. (which I really don't like to do because it makes my hand cramp if I do it to much.)

Ah, alright, thanks for the help.

And wow, that's kind of annoying to have to do. I would much rather be able to use the arrows, but meh, oh well.  

• Brohoof 3

I'm not really okay with the updated version, while others are actually okay to see the updated pony creator. Oh well, it's just me.

Yeah, for some reason, the layout just makes it feel like it has less options present, even if it's really about the same or slightly better than before. Kinda weird.

The dragging thing is a pain.

EDIT: Wow! The hair style I was using before was removed :(

Edited by Dusknight Haze
  • Brohoof 2

I don't like it for several reasons.

1. Colour choice is much less handy then in the previous version. There we had three scalebars and could switch between RGB and HSB schemes. Now I practically have to write in a 0xRGB code each time I want to change the colour, because other options are pretty much unusable for me.

2. It has more stuff I don't need but it misses some manestiles that were there in the pervious version (like Zecora's).

3 It still doesn't have manestiles for Colgate and Octavia!

Oh well, it's just me.

No, It's not just you. :)

Edited by Declen
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, for some reason, the layout just makes it feel like it has less options present, even if it's really about the same or slightly better than before. Kinda weird.

The dragging thing is a pain.

EDIT: Wow! The hair style I was using before was removed :(

If you read the description it explains why alot of the mane styles were removed :( But yeah I was incredibly disappointed that my usual mane and tail style weren't used. :(

I don't like it for several reasons.

1. Colour choice is much less handy then in the previous version. There we had three scalebars and could switch between RGB and HSB schemes. Now I practically have to write in a 0xRGB code each time I want to change the colour, because other options are pretty much unusable for me.

2. It has more stuff I don't need but it misses some manestiles that were there in the pervious version (like Zecora's).

3 It still doesn't have manestiles for Colgate and Octavia!

No, It's not just you. :)

It has like four times the wing varieties, but I don't know if it's worth the tradoff :(

It also has some decent stock backgrounds but IDK anyone who even uses those to begin with.

EDIT: IT DOESN'T HAVE CUTIE MARKS!

Hella no, I am not using this. If I need anything from this version, I think I'll just export a stock pony with the resource and shoop it into a .png from a previous version

Edited by Dusknight Haze

you have to hold the mouse and slide it over to see more options for the creator, your laptop was not acting up... hope this helps

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, this version was the reason I made a revision on my character's mane style a while back (although personally I like this version better.) It's pretty much the mobile version with custom posing and a few less glitches. It might be a bit more tricky for non-blank flanks though, the feature to add a cutie mark through the game isn't there anymore.

• Brohoof 1

It has like four times the wing varieties,
The previous version has now more wings than it used to, too. Like batterfly, bat and mech wings.

It also has some decent stock backgrounds but IDK anyone who even uses those to begin with
Well, because it's the easiest task, that can be done, I believe, with any picture editor (I personally use Photoshop)

The previous version has now more wings than it used to, too. Like batterfly, bat and mech wings.

Well, because it's the easiest task, that can be done, I believe, with any picture editor (I personally use Photoshop)

Ah, okay, I didn't see that.

Yeah. 

This version does have its advantages though; all the data is self-contained in the .swf so you can download it and use it from your computer offline if need be, and it works fully as far as I've seen.

It has like four times the wing varieties, but I don't know if it's worth the tradoff :(

It also has some decent stock backgrounds but IDK anyone who even uses those to begin with.

EDIT: IT DOESN'T HAVE CUTIE MARKS!

Hella no, I am not using this. If I need anything from this version, I think I'll just export a stock pony with the resource and shoop it into a .png from a previous version

Buuut...The Original one didn't have cutie marks at all. You had to import them from somewhere else by yourself unless your talking about  the HUB one.

Buuut...The Original one didn't have cutie marks at all. You had to import them from somewhere else by yourself unless your talking about  the HUB one.

Well it had the option to import image files. If you had a transparent .png you could have a true cutie mark, like my OC does. You can't import anything on this version.

While you can still slap a .png on the flank of an exported picture, it's still greatly less convenient to have to shoop it in than have it done automatically for you.

• Brohoof 1

I hate it, it's the same stuff as the previous one, but with a nicer interface. I want this program to have constraints to let the user know that he/she can't create shit OC's with warnings like "You have no creativity, go find an artist" <--- XD. Since this is virtually impossible, I rather draw and create unique ponies.

I hate it, it's the same stuff as the previous one, but with a nicer interface. I want this program to have constraints to let the user know that he/she can't create shit OC's with warnings like "You have no creativity, go find an artist" <--- XD. Since this is virtually impossible, I rather draw and create unique ponies.

I suck at drawing because of my ADD and don't have any good artistic ability what so ever...I don't want to sound mean or rude but not everyone can be able to draw :(

• Brohoof 4

I suck at drawing because of my ADD and don't have any good artistic ability what so ever...I don't want to sound mean or rude but not everyone can be able to draw :(

Well if you work with vectors, you don't necessarily need any artistic ability for the most part. Just diligence and perseverance and an intermediate knowledge of Photoshop, or if you're even more hardcore, Illustrator, since it creates true vectors unlike the old 'shoop. Of course, it still takes as long as a drawing to make them look nice.

But anyways, I've been playing around with this version. I can see the advantages it has, but I'll probably just keep it around in case my internet happens to go out and I feel a need to make ponies.

I can't disregard General Zoi's hard work at this software, but the wild monsters that escape this piece of code should stay locked and caged. I know I have a lot of advantage because I can draw my own stuff, but even if I wasn't talented, I would still have that will to have an unique pony with an original mane and tail and most importantly, I would make it truthfull to the show. I would learn how to draw ponies in some basic poses, at least.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah I really don't like this new one. So many missing pieces, they didn't even include the fabulous untamed mane I always use for my OC, and no cutie mark import just makes it pretty disappointing.

I can't disregard General Zoi's hard work at this software, but the wild monsters that escape this piece of code should stay locked and caged. I know I have a lot of advantage because I can draw my own stuff, but even if I wasn't talented, I would still have that will to have an unique pony with an original mane and tail and most importantly, I would make it truthfull to the show. I would learn how to draw ponies in some basic poses, at least.

Yes, how dare people be creative in a trippy and/or experimental way, and how DARE people not stay completely canon with their non-canon characters! Next we will be allowing BAT PONIES into our canon, the nonsense that is!

(this reply contains irony)

• Brohoof 3